Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Discovering their Powers (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

I'm interested in doing a magic-based RP revolving around either a pair or a group of characters with as-of-yet unspecified magical powers. The world relating to these powers can either be one of two things, whichever you prefer:

1) Extremely accepted in society and every adult has and can control them.

or

2) Seen as a threat and are restricted at all costs.

I'm not one for historic fantasy so would prefer a more modern-day setting, but I do plan to use Jack as my character. I don't mind this being 1x1 or group, but the general gist, for my side of it, is this:

Jack is a young adult who is just discovering his burgeoning powers. Living on his own and not having a particularly good support network, this leaves him frightened by his own abilities - especially when they end up getting out of control and attracting attention.

With many people in the town he calls home beginning to fear or hate him, Jack strikes out on his own, hoping to find someone a little more understanding - and maybe an explanation for what's happening to him, too.

Feel free to play whoever you wish, with whatever kind of powers. I'm happy for characters to be enemies, role models/mentors, friends, romantic partners (M/M, M/F, M/NB)... anything really, if it leads there. I don't mind darker plot points and injury/violence/gore, either. Human/anthro/mythical characters are all fine too.

Jack's powers are as follows and will progress as the RP does:

- Light thought/emotion manipulation; can take emotions away from others and project them towards others.

- Rudimentary illusion magic

- Can use his magic as a weak physical barrier to push others away or protect himself

- Eventually will be able to do some mind control, but he needs a conduit for that.

- His magic/aura colour is purple.

Feel free to use any set of powers and any character that you'd like. I don't really have any solid rules and I've got no clue where these powers came from so... feel free to suggest and have fun with it?

Thanks for reading, and please reply below or message me with interest and preferences.
Magic 60%
Magic may be accepted as truth but is not common. It might be harnessed only by specific beings. Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 50%
Combat is expected as part of the storyline but it won't dominate the plot.
Romance 50%
Romance is desired but not required, and will balance evenly with other plot.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts,

Hey! I'm interested!

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Discovering their Powers (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus