Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Ghosting: Why do we do it?

Dawnia wrote:
I believe I have a much narrower parameter as to what 'ghosting' is, and disappearing without a word or trace is not within my scope or definition of it.

in the neighborhood it just means 'left in a hurry', like moved so fast like a ghost through walls, or so fast their soul dragged a few steps behind, lmao

so like, regional parlance, "this party is slow, wanna ghost?" or 'that running back ghosting through the line", or "he so scared he ghosted straight out"

"abandoned a commitment leaving no trace of communication behind" wasn't in the mix, either, until i think armchair relationship psychiatry got ahold of the word. in which case, eh, yeah people who ghost on relationships probably do so pretty quickly, but i've only ever seen it done in the case of escaping an abuser, for safety.

apparently there are con artists who cultivate relationships to steal assets, then ghost in that definition, but the term AND the action cannot be given a definitive morality, because of the subjective nature of like, circumstances.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Ghosting: Why do we do it?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus