Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Trick Or Treat: Lilith's Oddities

Sherlock Holmes (played by Atheist)

Lilly Lewis wrote:
Ah, it seemed like she had just somehow offended him, and the way he responded quickly made it clear that he really wasn't a cop. Even as he wondered why she would think that she didn't feel like she had just called him out on something. No, he seemed genuinely displeased to be mistaken for one, and that made Lilly's smile return. He didn't even need to add that he worked for himself anymore, but she appreciated it either way.

"I'm Lilly, Lilith Mae Lewis." She answered in return, introducing herself properly and giving up her full name, a clear sign of trust from her end. "Forgive me for being rude, I just don't really care for cops. Affiliates are a different thing, as long as you're not on duty yourself."

"Coming from far eh, Britain?" She then remarked, chuckling a little. "You'll be pleased to know that I actually use a kettle and milk rather than a microwave and lemon" She added, gauging his response. "That is if you'd care for a cup, Mr. Holmes?"

She didn't take another look at the photo, instead being too focused on him and trying to recollect every memory she had with that client. It didn't take her too long to start remembering things, and soon enough she had a small file of information in her head that she was potentially willing to share with him.

"I don't know about Elusive... Charming perhaps, quaint?" She laughed, a genuine laugh that filled the room. "No, I get what you mean but trust me, I prefer living here a lot over living in Astrum. This big city girl likes her college town." She clarified, an amused smile being casted his way.

"Look, I won't waste your time. It is definitely my work. I couldn't possibly forget a tattoo like that. Or almost any of the ones he had done, really..." She admitted, now wishing to actually help out.

He caught the smile and considered it for a moment. Had he done something particularly amusing or was she simply relieved to know that he wasn't some common bobby? Either way, for the sake of maintaining pleasantries, Sherlock offered Lilly a sort of noncommittal quirk of the lips.

He then waved off her apology, a kindly gesture to dismiss the whole indignation. What's done is done. It was time to move forward. "Think nothing of it," he said in a reassuring tone. "Were it my choice, I'd want for nothing if my work was never done."

The look on his face suggested he was serious, but at the same instant, he appeared to be beaming at the prospect of an endless supply of chaos and discord for him to muck about in.

"Between you and me, I'm not big on them either. It is a pleasure, Ms. Lewis."

His expressive eyebrows moved upward in mild surprise. This one was cultured. Thank God. Sherlock nodded appreciatively and with a vaguely petulant air, he remarked, "I haven't had a decent cup since my arrival -- that would be lovely. Thank you."

Her laugh wasn't demure or tinkling, by any stretch. It rang boisterously and appeared shameless in it's powerful resonance, once again a parody to her Victorian ensemble. Sherlock smiled at the juxtaposition.

"The air of London is sweeter for my presence," he could only reply to Ms. Lewis's token of knowledge about herself. He would not confess to how much he enjoyed that cesspool. Now was not the time.

"So he's a regular then," Sherlock repeated the information back to her for clarification. Finally, a worthwhile lead for him to chew on. "I should like to warn you, he's in a bit over his head. Anything you tell me may raise a few alarms."

His gaze held firm and his expression turned grave. Sherlock was keenly aware that informing Lilly of this possibility could cost him his clue should she wish to retract her involvement, but he couldn't, in good conscience, leave her in the dark either. His instincts led him to believe that she could handle this as well...
Ernville Marlenbaucher (played anonymously)

A radiating smile of intrigue spread over his face as the room envelops in excited aura“Put simply I want your help distributing” his eye brow cocked and a hopeful of smile of a thousand angels on his face . “So no or yes madam?”
Hanley (played anonymously)

"Hello?" She called as she walked in. Space Pilots loved pumpkin pie, of course, and candy wasn't so bad either...

Hanley was looking forward to getting a new tattoo, even if it was only temporary.

Walking to what appeared to be the front-desk-area-vibes of the place and finding a person, she nodded, said hello properly, and asked, "Can I get one that's like, a candy apple but also a jack-o'-lantern? Like, Jack-o'-lantern face, on a candy apple...." Hanley grinned. "If not that's totally cool! But like, I can sketch it first if you want, if you can do that. I haven't actually gotten a tattoo from a walk-in before..."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Trick Or Treat: Lilith's Oddities

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus