Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » AMA - Video Game guide books

Well, the moment has passed. It's time for a AMA (Ask me anything)! Today's topic might be about video game guide books!

Hmm, when i was like younger, i used to read one of those video game guide books at a library. Most of it was about Minecraft, Mario and etc. So, i decide to like share some info on what the guide books said and stuff. This might end well, right?
Auberon Moderator

I still have the player's guide to FFIX, and it is sitting on my coffee table at present because I just picked up the Switch port for the game! (Though I know FFIX by heart at this point, it's good to have on hand.)

When you were reading video game guide books, did you find a particular style of organization of the info that worked best for you? What was the most comprehensive and useful guide that you ever read?
Taro_Nuke1 Topic Starter

Auberon wrote:
I still have the player's guide to FFIX, and it is sitting on my coffee table at present because I just picked up the Switch port for the game! (Though I know FFIX by heart at this point, it's good to have on hand.)

When you were reading video game guide books, did you find a particular style of organization of the info that worked best for you? What was the most comprehensive and useful guide that you ever read?
Well, to answer your question. I been thinking on how to play as Luigi in New Super Mario Bros DS. So, i had to flip through a guide to figure out how. It did give me a way to do that and when i started a new file, i started playing as Luigi! It's fun to see how Luigi gets to do some princess saving besides Mario.
Taro_Nuke1 Topic Starter

Besides, we all gotta let the Jumpman have a break.
Taro_Nuke1 Topic Starter

So, anyone have any questions?
Kim Site Admin

Do you ever read guides to games you don't actually play?
Taro_Nuke1 Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
Do you ever read guides to games you don't actually play?
Aye, sometimes i do. Sometimes i don't as well. But some of the other games are pretty interesting, so i gotta learn the basics before reading about the tricks about the games.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » AMA - Video Game guide books

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus