Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » AMA: I'm a Flipnote 3D Animator and Voice Actor!

Thought I'd try it out. B-)

I don't animate or voice act as a job, just for personal use only, but thought I'd try it out just the same. AMA! (Within rules.)
Auberon Moderator

Do you have your animations available to view anywhere online? :)
PK-Lucas Topic Starter

Auberon wrote:
Do you have your animations available to view anywhere online? :)

Unfortunately, no.
As I like to keep artwork personal, and I wouldn't know where to start even if so. :P
Sanne Moderator

What's your best tips & tricks for voice acting for those who are looking to get started?
How long have you been animating for?
PK-Lucas Topic Starter

Sanne wrote:
What's your best tips & tricks for voice acting for those who are looking to get started?

Well, for one; maybe using Flipnote 3D isn't the best, as the recording quality is horrible. I recommend using something portable like a phone, laptop or camera, to record your voice-acting, or perhaps a handheld microphone or voice recorder.

Keep water nearby and stay hydrated, is a good tip too!

Writing scripts for what you're writing will also prevent ad-lib/stumbling over word situations. (Which I do a lot without scripts.)

When recording multiple voices, you should record all the lines of one person first, then the other person next, not back and forth. It makes it easier to keep in character. :)
PK-Lucas Topic Starter

HoneyBlossom wrote:
How long have you been animating for?

I've tried it around 4-5 years ago, non-seriously, but took a large break, until recently.
Then I ended up trying to animate, and created a couple animations. :)

It's been 2-3 years since I started animating somewhat seriously.
GU7TMUNCH3RZ

any advice for people considering animation?
Can you "do voices?"

Like accents and stuff?
PK-Lucas Topic Starter

XenoverseSurvivor wrote:
any advice for people considering animation?

Well, I definitely recommend Flipnote Studio 3D for those considering it. It has a very easy UI and neat features. The only problem is: There's limited colors, only 999 frames, you cannot record more than around a minute, maybe a little less? And 3DS/2DS/2DS XL recording quality is eh.

But for those who don't have 3DS/2DS/2DS XL and/or Flipnote Studio 3D, I'm sure you can find free-to-use or free trial animation software, or just art programs in-general, and turn on the feature called "Onion Skin", which I know sounds funny, but it's extremely helpful when animating, because it allows you to see your previous frames so you can accurately animate the next one. :)
PK-Lucas Topic Starter

Anakisuto wrote:
Can you "do voices?"

Like accents and stuff?

Heck yeah!
One of my best ones is doing a British accent.

It usually ranges from a slightly deep British voice, to a Detective Charlie (From Rhythm Thief: and The Emperor's Treasure) voice, to a Pinky (From Pinky and The Brain) voice. :D :)

I can also do some Pokemon cries and other various small Nintendo creatures such as Pikmin, Shy Guys, Yoshi, etc...

And I'm working on my New York accent to sound like the Newsies. :P ("Gotta sell dem papes, ain't got all days, y'know!")
Do you know (of) Kekeflipnote and have you ever talked to them personally?

I guess asking "do you know the most famous flipnote 3D animator" is a generic question but I am somewhat curious anyway.
PK-Lucas Topic Starter

Aardbei wrote:

I guess asking "do you know the most famous flipnote 3D animator" is a generic question but I am somewhat curious anyway.

Ha ha, not at all... I'll see if I can find some of their stuff though!
PK-Lucas Topic Starter

VarianOfOldCorona wrote:
Aardbei wrote:

Ha ha, not at all... I'll see if I can find some of their stuff though!

I looked them up on Pinterest, and wow!
I think I have seen their gifs/videos at some point, but didn't remember just by name. :P

They are very good. :)

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » AMA: I'm a Flipnote 3D Animator and Voice Actor!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus