Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » AMA- Horror Fanatic

I have been a horror fan all my life, starting with the Goosebumps books at age 7, and currently, the Saw series. I am a die-hard horror fan, with knowledge spanning across the genre. Whether it be movies, books, or even video games, I am pretty well-versed.

I also write my own stuff.

So, bring it on.
Auberon Moderator

What's your favorite horror franchise, and within that, what is your favorite media associated with it?
Anakisuto Topic Starter

I am a huge fan of the Saw series/franchise. I mainly like the movies.
Anakisuto wrote:
I have been a horror fan all my life, starting with the Goosebumps books at age 7, and currently, the Saw series. I am a die-hard horror fan, with knowledge spanning across the genre. Whether it be movies, books, or even video games, I am pretty well-versed.

I also write my own stuff.

So, bring it on.

Oo. I'm a horror movie addict, too. What are your favorite platforms for watching horror? I really love the Criterion Collection, and Shudder. At 8.33$/month and 5.99$/month they're not bad, and Criterion Collection has all sorts of stuff for movie buffs of any kind not just horror. Those were game changers for me. Before that I was mostly pirating movies.
Anakisuto Topic Starter

I use pretty much everything. Torrents, DVDs, Netflix, Peacock, Showtime, Tubi, Showbox, and HBO Max.

Planning on getting Shudder, I just need to get a job. Password sharing gets me the others.
GU7TMUNCH3RZ

what's your favorite horror game
Anakisuto Topic Starter

XenoverseSurvivor wrote:
what's your favorite horror game

Either Dead by Daylight, or Doors on Roblox.
ChebaTheBee

Ooo I have some questions! What are your favorite horror tropes and why? If you were to write a horror story, what would it be about? What do you find genuinely scary in horror genre in general? You've also mentioned you love Dead By Daylight, so I have some questions related to that game - do you have a favorite survivor or a killer? If you do, which characters are your favorite and which role do you love to play the most?
Anakisuto Topic Starter

Tropes I enjoy:

The villain survives to make a sequel, assuming the villain wasn't blatantly dead, the main protagonist dies to the villain at the end of a series, and the villain is assumed to be human, but isn't.

Tropes I do NOT enjoy:

Final girl, the villain being confirmed dead, but they come back anyways, LGTBQ+ character being used for "variety" but ends up being killed off first in a lame way, and "unbeatable" villains being defeated in mundane ways, the protagonists just assuming it died.

Most of my creepy stories are about demons, but I have one titled 'Behind Closed Doors" which features an AI named Cyphrus. I mainly like to feature villains that the main protagonist obviously cannot defeat alone.

In horror, I don't really find it too scary, because I know that it isn't real. One movie that REALLY scared me was The Grudge (2004). It was just the overall vibe of the movie that really did it for me. Also the noise. You know which one.

About DBD, I am a Doctor main, I mostly use impossible skillcheck builds with him. I also play a lot of Myers. For survivors, I don't have a specific main, but I like to use Red Herring and Flash Mine together. I mostly play killer, though.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » AMA- Horror Fanatic

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus