Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Holy Ring (A 1x1 with KingofHaddock)

Buck (played by Chris_Pike) Topic Starter

The Spear hit one of the brutes and it did a back flip and fell to the ground dead. Two other Brutes turned and fired Their Spikers at Traoma, these were very powerful Spikes too, They would either punch right through him or would burrow deep into the being, If they hit. The Elites and Grunts started shooting more Brutes, A grunt threw a small blue ball, And it hit a brute and stuck there. The Brute seemed to panic and tied to pull it off, But it exploded before he could do so. Then the Zealot saw something, A Brute Chieftain with a gravity hammer "Hes mine!" The Zealot yelled and the two ran at each other

((The Plasma Grenade250px-H4PlasmaGrenade.png The Chieftain With his Gravity Hammer %5CAUTOIMAGES%5CMF18173lg.jpg))
Advunturion (played by KingofHaddock)

Traoma should have listened to Advunturion, and now he would pay the ultimate prince. The spikes tore right through his metallic body. Only a few seconds after they met his metal flesh, did he fall onto the ground, completely lifeless and truly animate. The only thing left of the automaton now was a smouldering pile of volatile material.

For the moment, there was little Advunturion could do, and care at this moment of time. This was especially as a large 'Brute' entered the fray, with much stronger armour than the rest of it's comrades. He knew that he would have to aid the Zealot. From a vantage point, Advunturion did his best to pepper the chieftain with covering fire from his shard stinger. He wasn't fully aware of how strong the armour was, but he had to take a chance. At the very least, he could probably distract the being from the Zealot.

The Chieftain and the Zealot were in close combat, The Shards were hitting the shield and would take it down, The Zealot swung a destroyed the brutes shield and damaged his armor "You will pay for that! MEAT!" The Chieftain yelled and swung his hammer down, It did not hit the Zealot, But some sort of force made the zealot go flying! That hammer was manipulating gravity! The Chieftain walked over to the zealot ready to make the kill

Normally, Advunturion would not have lifted a finger to save the alien from it's fate. However, not only would this alliance be beneficial, Advunturion was bound by his own morbid code of honour. Letting the Zealot die would break both, he would not allow such a thing to happen. Drawing his Nebula sabre from within his body, the Naekhoric leaped down by the War zone, to face this new foe.

Though there was no emotion in his voice, the loudness of his sharp and eerie voice would surely draw the chieftain toward him. "Turn and face me, or I shall caress my blade across your flesh." He was determined to face the chieftain in a duel, but this was more than just for the sake of honour. Advunturion intended to demoralize the brute squadrons with the death of their leader.

The Chieftain turned around and roared at Advunturion and charged at him without warning, Charging was the Brutes way of evoking fear on their prey. But they had never fought something like Advunturion, They had no idea they had no fear to evoke. The Chieftain raised his hammer up preparing for a massive hit, Though the Zealot had already destroyed the Chieftains shields and severally crippled his armor, so there was nothing to protect him if Advunturion got a hit in

The Chieftain's charge of bravado was lost on him. Advunturion's misunderstanding to the concept of primal feelings and emotions, including fear, made such a tactic hopeless. As the chieftain readied for the blow, Advunturion counterattacked by swinging his sabre in the direction of the Brute' head, attempting to decapitate him. Even if it did not cut his head clean off, it would hopefully cause him enough shock and blood loss. Only the killing blow would tell.

The Chieftains head flew off, And it dropped to the ground, A lifeless shell of what it was. The Zealot got up and looked at Advunturion "You have my thanks" He then walked over to Traoma "Is there nothing more we can do for him?" he asked looking at the lifeless shell "Engineers can repair mechanical things, Very advanced beings. But is it not enough?" The zealot asked looking around, Then heard gun shots, Bullets. "Humans!" The Zealot yelled out to the survivors "Scout out! See if there are allies or rebels!" The Zealot said to the three grunts who ran out. The Zealot turned to Advunturion "This war is confusing, Humans fighting covenant, Covenant fighting Covenant, And Humans fighting Humans. The news of the Ark has split everyone in two, Its hard to tell who is your ally right now"

"Traoma can be repaired, but I recommend that we leave him handicapped for the time being. His mind is that of a psychopath's" Advunturion gave a small warning. Even he disliked Traoma's aggressive impulses. And Advunturion had yet to tell the Zealot of the third of them. The Deceitful Kabalt. Advunturion knew that his false master would be spying on him and Traoma. He probably relished the pain Traoma felt when he was bombarded by brute fire.

"I know of one who is not our ally. He has left both myself and Traoma to die here. He is the third of us, and the most unjust and apathetic. He is no doubt watching us..."

The Zealot nodded, but then put a hand to his chin "I only hope he does not attack the grunts, they have orders to go suicidal in the event they are" he said sighing, The Zealot then turned to Advunturion "How did you get here oracle? From what region of this galaxy?" the zealot asked folding his arms

"The three of us managed to catch sight of this enigmatic place whilst in the Gelogon Subsector" Advunturion replied as looked to Traoma's broken husk.
"We were on the lookout for a certain UFO. One that had not been seen in the galaxy before. I've read my scanners, and now they are unable to tell me in what part of the Subsector I am in. It is as if I had entered a completely different galaxy."

The Zealot turned to Advunturion "you are Oracle, Your in a distant galaxy on the Ark, A creation to stop the vile FLOOD, But It does not kill the FLOOD, It kills all organic matter, Starves them to death."

"So what is my fate then? What is my purpose here, as Oracle?" Advunturion was curious of his part to play in this grave new quest. At least he now understood why his radar and scanners weren't working correctly. He was lost, in a way. And for the first time in many years, Advunturion had a strange feeling of uncertainty. How would he escape from this fate..?

"Your purpose is to lead us, Get us into the heart of this Ark so we can stop the brutes and Prophets from activating the ring and wiping out all life" The Zealot said looking around, He then heard something "A Scarab!" A large mechanical shriek was heard and over a hill not to far from them the Scarab stepped out the hill, Unfortunately, It was coming right at them, But also right at Kabalt. It had not seen Kabalt but it had seen Advunturion and the Zealot "RUN FOR COVER!" The Zealot grabbed Traoma, Rather what was left of his shell and ran behind a rock, Then half a second later a loud charging sound was heard, Then a huge green beam started burning the ground and obliterating the landscape of where he was two seconds ago

Advunturion ducked for cover among the rocks. Now was no longer the time for conversation. He knew that the shard stinger wouldn't be much of a match against the colossal machine. Isolated from the rest of his allies, he would have to think of a plan to recuperate himself and rendezvous with the rest of the alien band.

Kabalt's surveying came at a sudden halt. The scarab almost scorched his body, he would have to hide himself, unless he wanted to be caught by the bright inferno. He fled the area like a craven. Though he did not feel fear, he was aware of his fate if he fell. Unlike Traoma, who could be rebuilt, Kabalt would have been forever lost there. His mind would have stayed awake as his mechanical body rotted away.

The Zealot took out his com and started speaking in it "I NEED BANSHEE'S HERE ON THE DOUBLE! I HAVE AN ORACLE!" The Zealot said into his com, then a second later a voice was heard "Then your are number one Priority, We will send the nearest groups to your location" The voice said, the Zealot sighed "Thank you Arbiter!" The Zealot said, then five seconds later eight Banshees swooped in and opened fire on the Scarab with explosive green Missile like weapons and repeating plasma cannons. But it did not do much to the armor of the Scarab, And the Anti Air turret on the Scarab had already shot down two Banshee's and was working on a third "COME ORACLE! WE MUST USE THIS TIME TO ESCAPE!" The Zealot said and grabbed Traoma and began running the other way

((A Banshee fighter attacking the Scarab 300px-Banshee_Header.jpg))

Keeping himself clear from the plasma fire, Advunturion sprang across the ground, nimbly following the Zealot. He constantly kept himself in an alarmed position. Even though he felt no panic or fear course through him, he knew that one good shot of plasma would seep into his metal and damage him beyond repair. He refused to spend the rest of his days as inanimate scrap.

"Where is our destination..?" Asked the machine. He scraped his blade across his body, sharpening it in case of an ambush.

"Anywhere but near that Scarab! We cannot beat it with the forces we have| The Zealot said carrying Traoma and running south of the Scarab, Its main beam and anti-Air canon could still be heard from the distance they were at. Then Phantom dropped down near them "Come Oracle! This way" The Zealot said getting on board waiting for Advunturion

((The Elite Drop-ship, A PhantomH3-CovSepPhantomDropship.png))

Advunturion latched himself onto the drop-ship, keeping his claw firmly grasped by the nearby handle. He wanted to survey the scarab before he was sure that they would be safe flying off. He didn't want to end up like the now-broken Traoma.

The Scarab was just about to finish off the last banshee, the zealot looked at Advunturion "Come Oracle! Before we are seen!" The Zealot says pointing at the Scarab as it blasts the final Banshee down and slowly starts turning to the drop-ship

With a small nod, Advunturion slowly crept back into the phantom, sitting solemnly next to the elites. He then took a gaze at Traoma's broken body. "Remember to keep him debilitated for as long as possible... He will no doubt have other plans, of which may probably hinder the purpose you seek."

Down below, amidst the chaos, the hidden Kabalt stood away from the conflict, until his scanners finally picked up a reading of Advunturion, but strangely without Traoma. He gazed up at whatever vessel the fellow Naekhoric rode inside of. "You cannot hide from me... I will find you, Traoma and whatever benefactors you two may have..." He whispered to himself, slowly beginning a long trek to follow them both. A great journey to be sure, but Kabalt did not suffer frivolous organic weaknesses, such as tiredness, and in the thought of inevitability that he would find them, his patience was infinite.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Holy Ring (A 1x1 with KingofHaddock)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus