Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » OOC group: Accessible Styles

Sanne Moderator

Hi everyone! :)

Last week I created a new OOC group that focuses on accessibility and RPR styles. While we focus on creating RPR styles that are usable by as many people as possible, I'm also currently extending the information on accessibility to include RPR wide situations, such as using images in forums posts, customizing font color in public areas of the site (like forum posts and Epic profile colors), and so forth! It's still a work in progress, but I welcome anyone interested to join and provide me feedback on what to include in our content:

Cute little icon of a succulent house plant in a blue round pot, drawn in a cartoonish style. It smiles at the viewer. Accessible Styles

Accessibility is a very important topic and it goes hand in hand with creative website designs, but it's not limited to just that (which is why I'm sharing this in Smalltalk instead of Art & Creativity). I hope to be able to set a good example on how to be more inclusive towards our visually impaired friends on this site, and to learn more about how we can accommodate other disabilities. If you are disabled and would like to tell us how we can make life better for on RPR, please join the group and let us know!
This an excellent resource, Sanne! And definitely something many users can make use of. The forum itself is beautifully done (did you do that?) on top of it. Thank you doing all this and I hope you get many members. ^_^

I just have a question. If I create a "style" why is it automatically made available only to epic users? How do I make a free one?
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

Ultra-Knight wrote:
This an excellent resource, Sanne! And definitely something many users can make use of. The forum itself is beautifully done (did you do that?) on top of it. Thank you doing all this and I hope you get many members. ^_^

I did create the group style! (Although I noticed that on mobile the forum now isn't adjusted well anymore, so I'm going to have to fix that here shortly. <.<)

Ultra-Knight wrote:
I just have a question. If I create a "style" why is it automatically made available only to epic users? How do I make a free one?

Custom styles are only available to be used by Epic members! Access to custom and shared styles is one of the perks of Epicness and has been so from the beginning. Anyone can create styles without Epicness though. :)
Joined. :) Thanks for this.

I'll do what I can to provide my own perspective. I hope it gets a lot of people with unique needs giving feedback.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » OOC group: Accessible Styles

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus