Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Stereotypical Christmas Romcom (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Wilson (played by sarcasyms)

So, Christmas is in a week, and an idea struck me. This might be one of the dumbest ideas I've ever had, but, hear me out. A roleplay that is parodying the Stereotypical Hallmark Christmas Romcom.

If you don't live under a rock, you probably know how it goes. Businesswoman with a rich, maybe douchey boyfriend travels to a small town and some guy (possibly the son of Santa or something) shows her the magic of Christmas.

We've all seen a million movies with this exact same plot, but what if we spice it up? Perhaps the plot starts off stereotypical, but it goes off track so much that by the end, it's not even anything remotly Hallmark like. Maybe Santa is secretly evil! Maybe the whole time, the characters are pointing out how stupid their situation is and breaking the 4th wall Deadpool-style. The possibilities are ENDLESS.

So yeah, as you can probably tell, this is a mostly silly roleplay, with maybe some fluff thrown in there for flavor. Don't expect it to be that serious. Y/c can be any gender, m/c swings both ways. Also, Y/c can be either the person from the city with a douchey s/o, or the love interest with a heart of gold who shows m/c the spirit of Christmas. Reply or PM if interested <3
Magic 20%
Plausible legends of ancient magic, but current magic is not common.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 10%
Small possibility of combat, usually brief and not detailed.
Romance 80%
Romance will be a major feature of this plot.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

Wilson wrote:
So, Christmas is in a week, and an idea struck me. This might be one of the dumbest ideas I've ever had, but, hear me out. A roleplay that is parodying the Stereotypical Hallmark Christmas Romcom.

If you don't live under a rock, you probably know how it goes. Businesswoman with a rich, maybe douchey boyfriend travels to a small town and some guy (possibly the son of Santa or something) shows her the magic of Christmas.

We've all seen a million movies with this exact same plot, but what if we spice it up? Perhaps the plot starts off stereotypical, but it goes off track so much that by the end, it's not even anything remotly Hallmark like. Maybe Santa is secretly evil! Maybe the whole time, the characters are pointing out how stupid their situation is and breaking the 4th wall Deadpool-style. The possibilities are ENDLESS.

So yeah, as you can probably tell, this is a mostly silly roleplay, with maybe some fluff thrown in there for flavor. Don't expect it to be that serious. Y/c can be any gender, m/c swings both ways. Also, Y/c can be either the person from the city with a douchey s/o, or the love interest with a heart of gold who shows m/c the spirit of Christmas. Reply or PM if interested <3

This is honestly really cute, I'd totally be interested!

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Stereotypical Christmas Romcom (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus