Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » New Year's Resolutions?

I've been thinking about it lately, because I usually liked planning out my goals for next year even though I never got them done because of my unrealistic expectations.
Last year I did set some more realistic goals... and then I got very sick and even to this day I'm not entirely well. So yeah, couldn't get anything done either.

And this time? I'm still working on the list. There are too many things I want to do. But I'm afraid, I don't know if my health will allow me to get them done. I can't even plan a travel because I don't know if tomorrow I'll feel alright. So long term goals really freak me out.
Besides, we know how the world is right now... it's a complete struggle so any goals that depend on external sources, or people, or anything that's not myself are nearly impossible.

So I'm not sure what my goals are, all I know is that I hope for my health to get better during this year. And I'm looking forward to starting the comics master's degree. And I'm hoping not having to give up to my job as a freelance artist.

Yeah... this year is all about hope.
Yeah I hear ya. 2022 was not my year and I hope to do bigger and better in 2023. I don't usually make resolutions but I am hoping to better myself this up coming year.

To sum up the year quickly. I got COVID and hard to move during the time of having COVID late Feb.. moved back in with my parents causing a bit of stress of butting heads and what not.. For promoted in march (yay) but then spent the next three months convinced I was doing the worse job and convinced myself that all my supervisors regret promoting me. (of course none of that was true and it was all in my head.) I was working about 10 hour days to make sure everything was right. Then in August I broke up with my relationship of 6 years and spiraled into depression until about November. During that time I picked myself a part and destroyed friendships that I truly regret destroying.. this have just been starting to look a little brighter despite my mood swings...

But that is in the past and it is time to look forward. This year I want to focus more on myself rather than just other people. But I guess it is all I hope too because like you said you never know what life is going to bring.

I hope to work on my health, my writing both characters for here and writing short stories/novels, I want to travel a bit even if it is just small day trips around my state, and I just living life in general. I'm not getting any younger.

I really do wish you the best and hope that you get everything you seek in life. Happy New Year.
I feel all of those sentiments. A new year is encouraging and intimidating depending on our perception and often it can both.

A friend of mine and I were texting earlier and we reminded each other that this new year stuff isn't really the truth. It's still winter, a time for resting and rehabilitation. Spring is the natural cycle for us to make those resolutions and awaken from our hibernation. And even further, your new cycle can begin when you're ready for it to begin. Anytime is a good time to hit that reset button if you need to.

We've all got goals, and sometimes we look too far ahead and get overwhelmed instead of the small steps that move us toward that goal. I think the hope theme is very necessary and it keeps us going. I hope our baby steps towards the big dreams are just as big and fun and rewarding so we can get closer to better health and fulfillment in life.
Luscinioide

im setting the bar low and realistic

2023 resolution: survive
Honestly, this year I just plan to be more patient with myself, put myself first, practice setting boundaries without feeling guilty - and to encourage others to do the same for themselves. I think everyone deserves to be kind to themselves, after the years we've all had!
I plan to get out and go for walks once its summer time.
Mine can be condensed down into draw more, write more, and read more.
Roxy Topic Starter

Very interesting! I'm still trying to work on my goals, trying to make them as realistic as possible, but it's hard, I just want to make tooooo many things!

If I get anything decided I'll also share mine 😂

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » New Year's Resolutions?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus