Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Display 'Joined' date in profile

Sanne Moderator

Pretty... self explanatory. XD I can't even remember when I joined, and sometimes I'd like to say hi to new folks on RPR, but I don't know when they joined and whether they could use a helping hand. For moderators it also makes it easier to determine whether someone is new and might just need a reminder of the rules etc.
I was going to suggest this myself, but Sanne beat me to it :D
Darth_Angelus Moderator

That would be especially useful for people who sign up for the site and start using it but don't make their presence known on the forums for some time.
I've been so curious as to when I joined... because I joined, made Arlo and forgot about it for a good long time ><
Kim Site Admin

I can make your joined dates available to you quite easily. Possibly also to moderators and the like. I'd want to think long and hard before making it available to everyone, because I wouldn't want it to turn into a prestige thing used to torture newbies. Then again I guess if you search enough you can already find people's ID numbers, which can give you at least a vague idea of how old they are to the site.
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

Kim wrote:
I can make your joined dates available to you quite easily. Possibly also to moderators and the like. I'd want to think long and hard before making it available to everyone, because I wouldn't want it to turn into a prestige thing used to torture newbies. Then again I guess if you search enough you can already find people's ID numbers, which can give you at least a vague idea of how old they are to the site.

Players who torture newbies over the age of their account aren't welcome on RPR anyway - that's plain harassment! What you could possibly do is make it toggable. Set it to 'me only' by default, but give the option to show it to everyone? I don't think that newbies will feel bothered by it though, not with how warmly and openly they are always welcomed here on RPR. :)
Sanne wrote:
Kim wrote:

Players who torture newbies over the age of their account aren't welcome on RPR anyway - that's plain harassment! What you could possibly do is make it toggable. Set it to 'me only' by default, but give the option to show it to everyone? I don't think that newbies will feel bothered by it though, not with how warmly and openly they are always welcomed here on RPR. :)

Seconding Sanne on this one, though I understand your concern, Kim. We're a pretty dang nice lot here, as I rambled about outloud yesterday, and anyone who uses their join-date age as prestige to harass others isn't welcome here in the first place. *nodnod* And those who are here who would do that-- if there are any-- will be forced to endure the attacks of loyalty and kindness from the rest of us in order to shape them up! *wields kindloyalty soldier helmet*

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Display 'Joined' date in profile

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus