Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Mature Content for Topics?

Maybe a selection, when you create or edit a topic, that warns the viewer of mature content such as language, violence, sexual stuff. That way, people feel a bit more freedom on what restrictions to put on RPs. (Like how you can put warnings on your characters)

I have some characters that would have very bad language if I kept to their character, but I don't want to break any rules, you know? And I thought with this idea, it would be more acceptable with warnings.

Just an idea >.<";
Egil (played anonymously)

I agree with this idea as, depending on the character, some of the storylines I want to rp out or discuss do involve material above a PG-13 rating.
I agree with this. As mentioned, it's done for characters, but if those characters are to be role-played correctly on the forums they should be able to bring that warning to the game.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Groups are really your best option for mature content as it keeps it away from the main forums and anyone that might accidently stumble upon it. We don't want to be scaring away younger or sensitive new members :)
Sanne Moderator

I can see why it's desirable by adult users, but I'm not in favor of this idea. As Darth said, groups are the solution Kim presented so that we can all get funky however we like to without bothering other members. I personally feel that the main forums should be accessible to all. The idea of excluding a large amount of people from main forum discussions, just because they may be underage or uncomfortable with nasty gory scenes, seems like a real downer on the tight community feeling we have; it would divide us and we'd no longer all be equals to one another.

On the other hand, what is keeping you guys from roleplaying in groups? Groups can remain public with a clear warning, everyone can join them if you want them to, but because they are privately owned by individual members, they have no effect on the public community feeling as a whole. You can ask people in the RP Discussions if they want to RP with you in this group, or that group, or even recruit new members for your own.

Is there a particular reason you don't want to roleplay in a group where you can do whatever you want, and absolutely want to stick to the main forums?
kuroi_neko Topic Starter

I was just suggesting it >>... It's really hard to get people to join groups, because no one really looks to join a group. I've started one and it is dead. I've joined 2 different ones, and it is dead. So making a group for it didn't immediately cross my mind. Sorry if I made it sound like I thought we should make it awkward for people. That was the whole point of the warnings idea.
Yeah. Nightwind did die but that is because I had some issues on my end that kept me from keeping things going. But fear not for nightwind shall soon be born again.
I tried (unsucessfully) to keep night wind going :p
kuroi_neko wrote:
I was just suggesting it >>... It's really hard to get people to join groups, because no one really looks to join a group. I've started one and it is dead. I've joined 2 different ones, and it is dead. So making a group for it didn't immediately cross my mind. Sorry if I made it sound like I thought we should make it awkward for people. That was the whole point of the warnings idea.

Advertising helps! You can also ease the roleplay into a group by starting out roleplaying on the main forums and when it seems that the topic may start to get more mature, PM the person with a link asking to take it there as the public forums are only PG 13. Just a friendly suggestion! (:
Kim Site Admin

This has been suggested several times, but like others have said before, it's been rejected because it makes parts of the forums inaccessible and complicates the job of the moderators.

I certainly sympathize that groups are not currently ideal, but that is a large chunk of what they are there for. They'll get easier to use over time, I promise. I just can't promise it will be immediate.

Don't worry Kuroi, no one thinks you were being mean or exclusive. We all know why this particular idea could be attractive, especially while groups are still under construction. They're just debating and bringing up different view points. :)
kuroi_neko Topic Starter

ooo Np Me and foxy are going to attempt making one of her groups into such as what we are looking for. xD We'll see how it goes ! :D

Also, is there anyway a mod could move our forum rp, 'Agoraphobia' to the nexus group forum? We weren't sure how to go about that. If not, we'll either move it over by bits and pieces, or just leave it there :x
Kim Site Admin

Not a mod, as they only have keys to the main forums, and they can't move threads onto forums they don't have control of.

But I am always happy to transfer forum threads into a group for you. :)

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Mature Content for Topics?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus