Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2023 » Crown Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Kim Site Admin

This topic is for discussing clues and potential answers to the Crown Symbol in Epic Week 2023. Please stay on topic. Remember, these riddles are designed to be challenging and require a group of people brainstorming together; don't feel intimidated if you don't know the answer right away. Every little idea can help. Research is not cheating; it is expected!

Click here to visit the location of the Crown Symbol
First clue has something to do with the Princess Bride.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Yes, and the second clue makes me think of the pain machine!
I tried Zoo of Death and Pit of Despair and got nada, which surprises me.

Source of my guess: spark notes
Considering the third hint... Could this be referring to the green speckled recluse on the door handle in the Zoo of Death?
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Congrats on solving this symbol! The answer was "green-speckled recluse".

For those of you wondering how this answer could be arrived at, here's a quick explanation. :)
Dragonfire, designer of this riddle wrote:
We only see one chamber of it in the film, but the Zoo of Death in the novel The Princess Bride is actually quite the construction! It's full of all kinds of animals of varying amounts of deadly, and they just get deadlier the further down you go, with a ravenous snake guarding the staircase to the third level, and rabid king bats on the approach to the fourth. The green-handled door to the final, fifth level - the level housing The Machine - is guarded by this tiny, extremely venomous spider living in the handle itself. Best be like Fezzik and just break the door down.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

_Skylark_ wrote:
Considering the third hint... Could this be referring to the green speckled recluse on the door handle in the Zoo of Death?

Amazing work! :D :D
Woah, cheers Kim! Totally didn't expect that, yay!! 😄
Dragonfire Moderator

You stormed the castle! Congratulations! :D

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2023 » Crown Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus