Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2023 » Puzzle 3 Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Kim Site Admin

This topic is for discussing clues and potential answers to the Puzzle 3 Symbol in Epic Week 2023. Please stay on topic. Remember, these puzzles are designed to be challenging and require a group of people brainstorming together; don't feel intimidated if you don't know the answer right away. Every little idea can help. In puzzles, all information you will need to solve it is contained within Epic Week materials.

Click here to visit the location of the Puzzle 3 Symbol
Just from the first clue and stuff I see a lot I think of Rapunzel/Tangled and the series for it.
We could get Varian to help us if that’s the case, they are a fanatic for Tangled the series. As for how to unlock the clue, i don’t know anyone.
Ilmarinen Moderator

This one is a puzzle symbol, not trivia! So the information needed to solve it will come from the research library:

https://www.rprepository.com/events/epicweek/2023/library
… oh, right. thanks!
Not gonna lie, I did, in-fact think of Tangled when I saw "A Mother Knows Best."
But as said by another user, this is a puzzle, not trivia. Hm...
I unlocked it! We all need to log off now so there's less than 80 people online lol
Dragonfire Moderator

Nicely done! :D This'll probably get unlocked fully later tonight once folks turn in, hahah.
I want you all to know that I unlocked the last thing by accident - I checked in on this because I saw people talking here LOL
Dragonfire Moderator

Hrrrrm. Lyall and Bambolinetta are mentioned by name as the mothers of one of the struth born on the mainland. Lyall is a baker at a place that produces lembas bread - elven hardtack, basically, bread good for travel. Lyall requisitions a bunch of bananas that showed up to the harbour too aged for good measure.

...having been in this exact same situation before (minus the lembas) when I was a pastry apprentice, I was drafted into making so, so much banana bread.

Banana lembas and lembanana do not seem to be the answers, though. :P
okay, I might be totally wrong, but Lyall is one of the mothers, so would fit the first clue, and later on, she sends a message to a harbourmaster about bananas that arrived brown and that she wants them instead of them being thrown out, she also says she has an idea how to use them to feed the volunteers. So maybe the invention and the resourcefulness are connected to this somehow? Sylviornis then talks about sending first a solo ship like some decoy or something, which might or might not be connected. I don't know, I kinda got lost in my own reasoning and no answer I can think of works..
I thought that it had something to do with the nets to capture the werewolves, or the Walrus-aerobics in the park (in the face of entropy) but I cant even think of anything else to put in that box.
Dragonfire wrote:
Hrrrrm. Lyall and Bambolinetta are mentioned by name as the mothers of one of the struth born on the mainland. Lyall is a baker at a place that produces lembas bread - elven hardtack, basically, bread good for travel. Lyall requisitions a bunch of bananas that showed up to the harbour too aged for good measure.

...having been in this exact same situation before (minus the lembas) when I was a pastry apprentice, I was drafted into making so, so much banana bread.

Banana lembas and lembanana do not seem to be the answers, though. :P

Maybe we just try straight up banana bread? 🍌 🍞
Dragonfire Moderator

I did that, too!
Hmm 🤔 Baking, mashing, throwing bananas at the enemy? 😂

I need to go read through the library again. Haha
I know it's a bit of an offshoot, but I was reading through the Research Library and found this diary entry from Sylviornis: 'my moms won't let me join the birthday quest to deal with the haunting of Forum Forest. They say it's too far from home and dangerous and anyway they want me in school'. Her moms being Lyall and Bambolinetta.

I know that Sylviornis later gets involved with the Walrus Army - a 'new invention'? And the first mention of walruses comes after said diary entry.

Resourcefulness in the face of entropy would fit in anywhere, I suppose. Could this be Sylviornis related, maybe? Or I might just be way off the mark and reading into it too much, lol!
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Bonus clue dropped :)
Dragonfire Moderator

heck
Dragonfire Moderator

I'm still reasonably sure that the answer is something along the line of lembas banana bread, but I haven't hit on the right combination yet.
Lembasnanna birthday cake? Bananafarer bread? Lembanannocks? Bananaversary bread? Banbas bread?

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2023 » Puzzle 3 Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus