Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Ever experienced a good human X inhuman romance?

I often think about how most of my romance rps (bar a few that I don’t entirely count) are usually human and a human/humanoid being. I often imagined the idea of a human falling in love with an orcish woman or vice versa.

Have you ever had an rp where your character was shipped with something not at all human/humanoid and it turned out pretty good?
Kim Site Admin

I'm a bit confused what you mean by humanoid if you wouldn't include an orcish woman as being humanoid? Humanoid generally denotes any being that has the general human shape of a head, two arms, two legs, walking upright, etc.
DiranJiru Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
I'm a bit confused what you mean by humanoid if you wouldn't include an orcish woman as being humanoid? Humanoid generally denotes any being that has the general human shape of a head, two arms, two legs, walking upright, etc.

I never said I don't count an orcish woman as being humanoid. It's an example of what I see and often imagine of a Human X Humanoid relationship.
Human x Humanoid is one of my favorite types of romances! I had many good experiences with such roleplays, maybe that's why they are my favorite. :) One of my favorite roleplays was often based on a classic "forbidden love" trope. It all was more complex, but yeah, the majority of times, human x inhuman roleplays were my favorite, no matter what kind of dynamic the characters had.
Mina Moderator

Yes! I struggle with playing humans, personally as I already do that in my day to day life. However, I love monster romances and adore character development by way of the human undergoing a change to inhuman, too. Currently I’m planning my least human-passing character. She’s a dreamwalker with one foot in our world and 3-800(?) feet in the spaces between slumber, sanity, subconscious and death. She’s going to be very strange in her mannerisms, because of all the frequencies and thought processes she may have going on from time to time. Still, I’m excited to see if she finds success, friends, love and a group of humanoids who will accept her into their lives despite her blaring differences.
McMillian Agares (played anonymously)

Not really Human x Humanoid, but.. Demon x Angel. <_<

Me and a friend started an RP a while back where McMillian takes his four-year-old son to a preschool, and he slowly falls in-love with the preschool teacher, Aleister. And after a dangerous situation leads Aleister having to be taken to McMillian's apartment for his wounds to be tended to, they progressively fall in-love more and more. 🥺🥺

Ironically, it started out as an RP we kind of didn't know was actually going to work and was going to be short..and..then it actually became a pretty serious, long one XD We are constantly going back and forth talking about our dorky lovers, exchanging arts, incorrect quotes, outfits they might wear, etc...
As you might expect by my name, I mainly play alien characters. It ends up being far and few between that they find themselves in romantic encounters thou for a variety of reasons. Still one stands out to me, and it's likely my favorite rp of all time, definitely ranks in the top like, 2 or 3.

I had a half alien half human and she met a human girl who had accidentally transfered dimensions and was living under a bridge. A sequence of events and she was living with one of my characters friends. It was a slow romance that involved a lot of hiding due to possible homophobic reactions from others, and honestly that in and of itself made it a more attractive rp and romance for me.

It was going very well, my partners character even got jealous of a gay boy. Tons of fun that rp. Sadly it trickled off at the end of last year and idk if it's coming back at this point.
DiranJiru Topic Starter

Alien_Princess wrote:
As you might expect by my name, I mainly play alien characters. It ends up being far and few between that they find themselves in romantic encounters thou for a variety of reasons. Still one stands out to me, and it's likely my favorite rp of all time, definitely ranks in the top like, 2 or 3.

I had a half alien half human and she met a human girl who had accidentally transfered dimensions and was living under a bridge. A sequence of events and she was living with one of my characters friends. It was a slow romance that involved a lot of hiding due to possible homophobic reactions from others, and honestly that in and of itself made it a more attractive rp and romance for me.

It was going very well, my partners character even got jealous of a gay boy. Tons of fun that rp. Sadly it trickled off at the end of last year and idk if it's coming back at this point.

This one in particular speaks to me because I’m somewhat on the same boat. One of my main OCs is a vampire god and theirs was a unique race she created for the world I made so it felt extra special. Our rp lasted ever since we had to transfer to discord because I got banded on another RP sight. Hers was called a Celestial and they were servants to the gods. Their chemistry was almost perfect and everything we did we both enjoyed thoroughly. Unfortunately we haven’t RPed in a long time but I’m fine with it. Life goes on.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Ever experienced a good human X inhuman romance?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus