Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » A World of our Own? (Closed!) (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

So I don't know if this qualifies as RP or not, but I am looking for a long, long-term partner to create a world with. Not a measly country or kingdom, but a world with history and cultures and races and wars and awesomeness!! I only have two requirements:

1) Please have at least a highschool level understanding of English grammar and spelling. It's difficult to do in-depth stuff when my grammar Nazi senses are constantly tingling.
2) I am online almost 24/7, so I would appreciate someone who can be online a lot of the day, or at least during the weekday evenings and weekend daytimes.

So whaddya say? I was thinking that as we built up our world, we could RP as we go along, different characters and situations, so that we can delve even deeper into understanding this universe we create. I know it sounds so nerdy to want to do this but I am full of inspiration and though I've created a world before, I would like to start anew and get a fresh start (maybe even write a book or two from this world...). Shoot me a PM or reply below if you're interested.

Thanks!
Sage
*Raises hand*
*Smites any challengers with marshmallows*

Making parts of worlds is a hobby of mine. I have a notebook dedicated to unique magical items I create to use in other worlds of mine. Actually, I have worked on two worlds. The first one did not work out but is now being incorporated into my second canon world. I qualify!

It is a love of mine creating this stuff. Items, races (I have created a few, Ixen is a race that is a work in progress, his race's enemy is also a work in progress), myths, battles, languages, cultures, history, all of it. If you want to know the old world I worked on, then just ask me about Obscurity. It was a large project that we even were able to get a logo for. It sort of fell apart when I moved 2,000+ miles away and my minions slaves servants friends became less and less responsive.

I am on quite a lot, even if it just as a lurker. I will be slightly busy this week but I can find time and I will be good after that! (I have a week's worth of make-up homework, catch up on an eagle project, a deep clean for my house, and must build an instrument). Lets be honest. Creating a world comes before all of that, and losing some sleep at night to work on something this awesome is always worth it.
:D I would love to do this with you!
I love playing God-games liked "From Dust," so this is kind of like a step up and I would love to join in ^_^
Sage-Thorne Topic Starter

You've made languages before? Awesome! I've always wanted to tackle that, but as I only know English (and basic Latin) I don't have enough context to build one up.

But yes.

//stamps Gamers with stamp of approval//
Welcome to the partnership! Shall we begin our world-building in a PM? //jitters with excitement//

Ah, Gamers! It seems we have a competitor. Mind taking on Eon as a third member of our party?

Or Eon, would you prefer to have me all to yourself in a separate world-building process? x3
Oh man, this sounds so fun, I loooove world building. Pretty much every big RP venture I take on involves it. Races, maps, cultures, languages, I love it all... but I'm only online sporadically, so you're probably better off with Gamers XD. If there's ever a point in my life where I'm not bogged down by work I'd love to do something like this.
I have yet to smite Eon with marshmallows so of course! However, if he does not wish it be a group effort, I understand a separate world-building process.

And yes, we can begin in a pm, it does not matter to me! And well, the language is a work in progress. At the moment it seems more like a code. I have the symbols all done, although they may change from the second and third stages, and am currently working on the grammar. After that all I really need is to create a bajillion words in Kuritz (the language).

Then message me whenever you find yourself able to be online more often, okay, Allyne? C:
I sure do love the idea. Unfortunately, I'm much more sci-fi oriented.
If you're willing to let more possibly-less-active people in on it... you could do a private group, and use its forums to organize ideas ;)

Allyne wrote:
(But if you're willing to let more possibly-less-active people in on it... you could do a private group, and use its forums to organize ideas ;) )

True, but I was hoping for a rather personal process, not involving more than one or two partners ^^; call me crazy, but I feel it would work better that way (it also may be because I'm a horrible introvert, eep!)

KingofHaddock wrote:
I sure do love the idea. Unfortunately, I'm much more sci-fi oriented.

Mayhaps another time, then? Who knows; I may get the sci-fi bug one of these days!
Until then, I swim in the almighty sea of impatience.
Sage-Thorne wrote:
Allyne wrote:
(But if you're willing to let more possibly-less-active people in on it... you could do a private group, and use its forums to organize ideas ;) )

True, but I was hoping for a rather personal process, not involving more than one or two partners ^^; call me crazy, but I feel it would work better that way (it also may be because I'm a horrible introvert, eep!)

Haha, makes sense. I hope someday I get to take on a world-building venture with you! Until then, have fun :D

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » A World of our Own? (Closed!) (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus