Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Last movie you saw?

What's the last movie you saw? What did you think? Would you recommend it?

(And if you're more excited about a movie you saw a few movies ago, then, by all means, you can do that even though it's not technically the "last" one you saw.)

Have fun!
Abigail_Austin Topic Starter

I'll get the ball rolling.

The last movie I saw was the Mario movie. It was pretty good. I'd give it a 7/10.

The plot was predictable, but the characters were cute and fun to watch.

There was humor (especially Jack Black as Bowser). There was a bit of a heartwarming message about family.

There was a strangely dark and yet creepily cheerful star character--that character was a little jarring, to be honest with you, but it was also (KIND of) funny? In a weird way? I can't explain that well. It was a tad bizarre.

But Jack Black as Bowser playing the piano was, all by itself, worth the 6 bucks or so to rent the movie on Vudu. And if you've played the old games before you'll recognize all the music in the score.

Would recommend.
The last movie I saw was Barbie; I watched it yesterday. It was lots of fun, would recommend :D
Also I loved the Mario movie! It was by no means amazing, and I agree with it being predictable and stuff, but it was also lots of fun and had some hilarious moments and good references. Wish it referenced Paper Mario though.
Last movie I saw was Spiderman: Across The Spiderverse. The animation and music score rocks so hard, and I loved every second of it. 10/10 would highly recommend, but it's best to watch Into The Spiderverse first so you don't get lost or confused since it's a straight continuation of the first movie.

MothGremlin wrote:
The last movie I saw was Barbie; I watched it yesterday. It was lots of fun, would recommend :D
Also I loved the Mario movie! It was by no means amazing, and I agree with it being predictable and stuff, but it was also lots of fun and had some hilarious moments and good references. Wish it referenced Paper Mario though.

Yay! Barbie is on my "to see" list. I totally agree about Mario being fun.

Lucretire wrote:
Last movie I saw was Spiderman: Across The Spiderverse. The animation and music score rocks so hard, and I loved every second of it. 10/10 would highly recommend, but it's best to watch Into The Spiderverse first so you don't get lost or confused since it's a straight continuation of the first movie.

Sounds awesome!
If we’re taking about the theaters, then it was Oppenheimer—but out of the theater and at home, I last watched Django: Unchained.

Either way both are great movies. Oppenheimer had that history and Django is………well, y’know.

AgitoAceXIII wrote:
If we’re taking about the theaters, then it was Oppenheimer—but out of the theater and at home, I last watched Django: Unchained.

Either way both are great movies. Oppenheimer had that history and Django is………well, y’know.

Interesting! Django...oof...I think I saw parts of it. It was too much for me to handle (I'm a wimp). Heard good things about Oppenheimer.
It’s alright if you’re into it—Django I mean. Oppenheimer was really great, but…it was really, really long, like way longer than I expected lol
Awww yeah I can defo appreciate threads like these. If we're talking 'legit' movies, Nolan's Oppenheimer would be the last one I watched, I think. Like you said, Agito, incredibly long but also very good. Interesting look into ethics and morality, can say with certainty that I pity him and his dramatic reaction to what he has done way less.

If we're talking movie-related media also, that 2018 adaptation of Watership Down would be the last thing I watched. I love xenofiction (fiction from the POV of animals/non-humans) and I know this was one of the classics. It's old school and at times a bit goofy, but very interesting overall, and it had some really nice worldbuilding and lore!
I watched the theatre version of Sweeny Todd from the 80s, so much better than the Tim Burton version

GarnaalProductions wrote:
Awww yeah I can defo appreciate threads like these. If we're talking 'legit' movies, Nolan's Oppenheimer would be the last one I watched, I think. Like you said, Agito, incredibly long but also very good. Interesting look into ethics and morality, can say with certainty that I pity him and his dramatic reaction to what he has done way less.

If we're talking movie-related media also, that 2018 adaptation of Watership Down would be the last thing I watched. I love xenofiction (fiction from the POV of animals/non-humans) and I know this was one of the classics. It's old school and at times a bit goofy, but very interesting overall, and it had some really nice worldbuilding and lore!

So interesting.

Leighoflight wrote:
I watched the theatre version of Sweeny Todd from the 80s, so much better than the Tim Burton version

Cool
It's not the last movie I saw, buuuuut..!

I rewatched Disney's Hercules a while back, one of my favorite classic Disney movies. <3
The last movie I saw was called can you hear me god it’s zoe or something along those lines

varian wrote:
It's not the last movie I saw, buuuuut..!

I rewatched Disney's Hercules a while back, one of my favorite classic Disney movies. <3

Yay for Disney. Three cheers.

starwolf wrote:
The last movie I saw was called can you hear me god it’s zoe or something along those lines

Ha! *Beams in amused delight* Are we talking about "Are You There God, It's Me, Margaret?" or is there another version with a different name? I'd like to know how that movie was. That book was a big deal when I was growing up. I remember loving it.
Good to see you again Abigail :)

I don't watch a lot of movies, but the last one I did watch was the millionth rewatch of a movie called Being John Malcovich. Very strange and highly entertaining movie.
Abigail_Austin wrote:
starwolf wrote:

Ha! *Beams in amused delight* Are we talking about "Are You There God, It's Me, Margaret?" or is there another version with a different name? I'd like to know how that movie was. That book was a big deal when I was growing up. I remember loving it.
yes that’s the movie I loved it even though at first I didn’t like it very much but in the end it was super funny and cute!
Abigail_Austin wrote:
starwolf wrote:

yes that’s the movie I loved it even though at first I didn’t like it very much but in the end it was super funny and cute! Actually the last movie I actually saw was the newest Indianana John’s movie haha my mistake so sorry

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Last movie you saw?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus