Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » One Piece RPG

Narrator (played by DruidOfBees)

@Reithesniper

In the West blue, it’s hard to find a place unseen from the eyes of one of the five families or the world government. Luckily, you were in one of those rare quiet places. A small island that was home to a village too small to pay the heavenly tribute or be of much profit to any family, too far out to be worth the trouble is overseeing, so that’s where you were lodged for the time being.

You found yourself lounging in the only tavern in town. There weren’t many places to go in this small community, so the somewhat well maintained bar would have to do.

“Hey there, miss, you looking for anything particular?” The man tending the bar asks you, his tone seeming to question your possible affiliations rather than an order. Of course, you weren’t aligned with the government or family, so you had nothing to be concerned with.

(Also if you’d prefer, I’d be happy to run a story as a revolutionary rather than a pirate)
Kariko Namikaze (played by Reithesniper)

"Ah.. not nessarily.. maybe some booze would be nice I guess.." she smiled "In all honesty, I came here to escape the heat" she said she said point outside
Narrator (played by DruidOfBees) Topic Starter

Kariko Namikaze wrote:
"Ah.. not nessarily.. maybe some booze would be nice I guess.." she smiled "In all honesty, I came here to escape the heat" she said she said point outside

"You and everyone else" the bartender chuckled, pouring you a glass of ale and sliding it to you.

"I dunno, I kinda like the heat" A blonde haired woman seated nearby spoke her mind, sipping on her own drink. Her attire was odd, not quite casual, but definitely not fancy. There was a pair of goggles on her forehead, and she wore a plain cloak draped over her shoulders, conealing her outfit. Suspicious was the first word that came to mind looking at her.

Somewhere across the bar on a small stage, a bard began playing a tune telling of some old pirate crew from the south blue, a few less sober patrons singing along to the parts they knew

"Mm.." she groaned, before chugging down the Ale and began to listen to the the music "Eh... you like the heat, really?" she said "I could enjoy if there was a nice pool I could dip into.. yeah.. something like that-" she said chuckling kinda forgetting she cant swim

Kariko Namikaze wrote:
"Mm.." she groaned, before chugging down the Ale and began to listen to the the music "Eh... you like the heat, really?" she said "I could enjoy if there was a nice pool I could dip into.. yeah.. something like that-" she said chuckling kinda forgetting she cant swim

"I hear ya there, nothing better than a good swim on a hot day" The woman agreed with a grin. She turned her attention to an item she pulled out from under her cloak. A compass, glass cracked and needle spinning wildly. It didn't take a genius navigator to figure out it was broken.

"Guess it's for the best I'm staying out of the heat for now" She mused, although you had an inkling of an idea she wasn't referring to the temprature with that sentence.

A few feet away, you could hear a chair tip over as two patrons began fighting. Apparently one of them had spilled a drink on another man's map, and found it necessary to escalate the situation into a physical fight.

"..." she nodded, thinking it a possible allegory for being a pirate?? doesnt matter to her.. but still the men fighting was plain distracting

she sighed looking over to the strange woman "Im Kariko" she would introduce herself "Who might you be?" she would ask, turning her attention away from the brawl for a moment

Kariko Namikaze wrote:
"..." she nodded, thinking it a possible allegory for being a pirate?? doesnt matter to her.. but still the men fighting was plain distracting

she sighed looking over to the strange woman "Im Kariko" she would introduce herself "Who might you be?" she would ask, turning her attention away from the brawl for a moment

"The name's Lucy" She replied, extending a gloved hand out for a handshake. "Say, you know these seas? I'm not really from around these parts, and my compass is broken" She asks you, easily dodging a stray glass that was accidentaly thrown her way by the brawl

"Kinda" she said, shaking her hand... "That brawl is surely getting on someone's nerves.." she said, almost smiling "Welcome to the west blue I, were pretty intertwined with the criminal underworld so unless you know a yonko or have a connection to the world government I'd say try not to cause too much trouble" she said

Kariko Namikaze wrote:
"Kinda" she said, shaking her hand... "That brawl is surely getting on someone's nerves.." she said, almost smiling "Welcome to the west blue I, were pretty intertwined with the criminal underworld so unless you know a yonko or have a connection to the world government I'd say try not to cause too much trouble" she said

"Might be a bit late for that, haha" Lucy chuckled, her attention turning to the brawl, some bystanders beginning to get dragged into the fight. "Man, that's really starting to get out of hand... should we do something about it?" Lucy raised an eyebrow at you, reaching into the back of her cloak, presumably to find some sort of weapon.

"Maybe... although.." she said, looking around taking a glance around the room, before standing.. looking around "Well, a brawl would be fun..." she said "We'll deal with whatever stems from it the old fashioned way" she said "How should I handle this.." she said quietly.. removing one of her gloves

Kariko Namikaze wrote:
"Maybe... although.." she said, looking around taking a glance around the room, before standing.. looking around "Well, a brawl would be fun..." she said "We'll deal with whatever stems from it the old fashioned way" she said "How should I handle this.." she said quietly.. removing one of her gloves

Lucy smiled at that, pulling a long metal pipe from the back of her cloak and began approaching the growing fight.

There were at least five people currently in the brawl, Lucy only helping to add to their numbers. The three biggest threats in this fight seemed to be a man swinging a chair wildly, the man brandishing two broken bottles, and a large man who towered over most of the other patrons.

She took a moment to look at the man with the chair "Isnt that dangerous, although.." she said rushing forward to catch the chair and yank it from his hands. she then turned to slam the chair on the man with the bottle's head, she would then turn and throw the chair back at its original weilder

Kariko Namikaze wrote:
She took a moment to look at the man with the chair "Isnt that dangerous, although.." she said rushing forward to catch the chair and yank it from his hands. she then turned to slam the chair on the man with the bottle's head, she would then turn and throw the chair back at its original weilder

The man you hit with the chair goes flying towards Lucy, who quickly smacks him down with her pipe. Throwing the chair back at the man who you took it from, it nailed him in the head, taking him out of the fight. You saw Lucy deftly duck out of the way of a punch thrown at her, and with the practiced motion of a trained fighter, swept the legs out from two of the other combatants. All that was left now was the abnormally tall man, who managed to grab Lucy by the back of her cloak as she stood back up after dispatching her opponents

She kinda stopped for a moment "Woah woah man, calm down, you wouldnt hurt a lil lady like Lucy right?" she joked swipping her fingers towards his eyes creating a strong wind "Kidding!" she said hitting him with a right hook and then striking him again in the side with another (almost solid) blast of wind

Kariko Namikaze wrote:
She kinda stopped for a moment "Woah woah man, calm down, you wouldnt hurt a lil lady like Lucy right?" she joked swipping her fingers towards his eyes creating a strong wind "Kidding!" she said hitting him with a right hook and then striking him again in the side with another (almost solid) blast of wind

The large man dropped Lucy as the wind hit his eyes. Lucy landed on the floor, stumbling back a bit band dropping a book from her cloak as she fell onto her back.

The right hook knocked him unsteady, and the gust of wind send him hard to the floor.

“Thanks for the save, Kariko” Lucy said, picking herself from the floor and brushing herself off

She turned no problem" she said, turning to go pay for her drink "Id say we should get out of here, no idea who these guys were but Im honestly in no mood to fine out." She said "Ill pay for you too.. well depends-" she said reaching into her pockets to pull out any Belli she had on her

Kariko Namikaze wrote:
She turned no problem" she said, turning to go pay for her drink "Id say we should get out of here, no idea who these guys were but Im honestly in no mood to fine out." She said "Ill pay for you too.. well depends-" she said reaching into her pockets to pull out any Belli she had on her

She easily had enough to cover both tabs, it was still nice that both of them were relatively cheap.

“Ooh, I’ll never turn down a free drink” Lucy thanked you, picking up her dropped book and hiding it back under her cloak. “Seems like just a couple of stray drunks… but the fighting still may have attracted attention, so I should probably go before-“

Almost as if on cue, some marines entered the tavern, scanning the room as if looking for something. By the time you looked back over at Lucy, she was gone, it took a few seconds to spot her hidden up in the ceiling rafters, and the marines didn’t seem to have spotted her yet

"Marines..here?" she asked quietly settling down as she would pay for her own drink.. although she had a feeling this will end with someone in trouble.. she struggled not to look up at Lucy, trying to to draw attention to herself or her new friend

Kariko Namikaze wrote:
"Marines..here?" she asked quietly settling down as she would pay for her own drink.. although she had a feeling this will end with someone in trouble.. she struggled not to look up at Lucy, trying to to draw attention to herself or her new friend

“Sorry, my bad” Lucy mouthed to her, creeping along the ceiling towards the exit. The marines began inspecting the tables and behind the bar, one of them approaching Kariko.

“Excuse us, miss, we’re looking for a dangerous criminal who is believed to try to be digging up forbidden knowledge for destructive purposes” the marine man explained, holding up a wanted poster showing Lucy’s face and detailing her crimes, such as destruction of property, treason, and allegedly attempting to recover illegal items from the lost island of devils.

Up above, Lucy was slowly making her way towards the door. It was only a matter of time until she was caught though, as it was likely another patron here would rat her out

For the sake of saking, Kariko shredded the paper in the mans hand "Nope never seen em!" She shrugged "seems like shes nice tho" she said hoping to draw some attention to herself. Not like she was sure this would work for long, but its worth a shot

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » One Piece RPG

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus