Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Favorite cartoon/anime

princeshortcake

What is your favorite cartoon/anime?
Mine is Scooby Doo
Bee and PuppyCat!! 🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵💛💛💛💛💛
second place would be Invader Zim, followed by Final Space :)
princeshortcake Topic Starter

Ooo thats cool!!
Talking about Final Space, so i do color guard and for a winter show we used the song when the night is long

MothGremlin wrote:
Bee and PuppyCat!! 🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵💛💛💛💛💛
second place would be Invader Zim, followed by Final Space :)
Ooo thats cool!!
Talking about Final Space, so i do color guard and for a winter show we used the song when the night is long
Mine is a mixture of Steven univers and the 1969 scooby do

Maxthecoolcat420 wrote:
Mine is a mixture of Steven univers and the 1969 scooby do

oooooo!!
the-queen's-spider (played anonymously)

Do I even have to say??
*looks at the character I am posting as*
List of anime close to my heart:

-Yu Yu Hakusho
-Assassination Classroom
-Mob Psycho 100
-Sonny Boy
-Paranoia Agent
-Wolf's Rain
-Both Fullmetal Alchemist series

Anime-adjacent cartoons I like:
-Oban Star Racers
-Voltron (both the original and Netflix versions)
-The Dragon Prince

There is only one western cartoon I like that isn't aping anime in some way and it's this one.
I don't like things that punch down. Most cartoons I grew up with punched down. This ended up being the exception, and I appreciated how often it would humanize flawed characters and only really have a few irredeemable villains.
Its humor also doesn't get on my nerves the way a lot of modern western cartoons do, where making the main characters annoying and unlikeable is their entire M.O. (looking at you, adventure time and steven universe, and especially Regular Show.)

I used to like that MLP cartoon everyone was hype about a few years ago but the musical numbers grated my nerves too much. I cannot take that seriously.

I generally don't jive well with comedy though. If you need to have comedic segments, I expect you to compensate with a good story and characters that I care about. If everything is lighthearted, I just don't see a reason to invest in the characters or their problems.
Not even gonna write an essay on this. Avatar: The Last Airbender is the most goated cartoon out there for me 'n nothin' can change my mind heuheueue- Prolly one of the few fandoms that I'd actually consider writing or RPing about.
I like Cowboy BeBop (yes, even the live-action series), and I'm enjoyed Windbreaker. I even stole Shelly for my private Eye character Sarah. XD
I still don't know much about anime (despite interacting with so many people that love anime) but for cartoons? Garfield and Friends (still watch it sometimes), Rugrats, and Pinky and the Brain (and interestingly, Stephen Spielberg was executive producer of Pinky and the Brain :) ).
Abigail_Austin wrote:
I still don't know much about anime (despite interacting with so many people that love anime) but for cartoons? Garfield and Friends (still watch it sometimes), Rugrats, and Pinky and the Brain (and interestingly, Stephen Spielberg was executive producer of Pinky and the Brain :) ).

Garfield and Friends!! I've been watching that recently myself!
I watched two episodes yesterday night, in-fact! On Peacock.
Right now i'm obsessed with Jujutsu Kaisen and Attack on Titan
FelineGod1

Right now, one piece is pretty awesome

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Favorite cartoon/anime

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus