Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » You VS Your Characters

Libertine Topic Starter

Minstrelsy wrote:
I think one of things that skeeves me out the most is self-inserts, especially when they want to do pairings with my characters. I really don't want to be psuedo-dating a stranger, especially if sex has any chance of happening in-game.

Same here :s
Twice I've been in the midst of an incredible plot where one of my characters became romantically involved with the other RPer's {two different players + characters of course}. In both situations, I didn't know that the player considered their character to be a personification of themselves, and what I took to be character development they interpreted as personal interest. Both amazing plots were ended due to... ah... "harassment" towards myself. I avoided IC relationships for several years v_v
Dwight Cromwell is my small amount of cynicism exaggerated. He is also my feeling of freedom to do anything he wants.

Holly Madrigal is my persistence and determination to get something done no matter what.

Charlie Shepherd is not related to me at all. I'm not a psychopath, and I'm not going to steal money, I'm not like him at all.

Andrew Mercer/Max Coogan is my loneliness. He doesn't have friends and usually just thinks to himself. Unfortunately this is the character that can be related to me the most.

Despite the fact that there are similarites to me and my characters, I don't usually think I'm quite like them.
Libertine wrote:
Minstrelsy wrote:
I think one of things that skeeves me out the most is self-inserts, especially when they want to do pairings with my characters. I really don't want to be psuedo-dating a stranger, especially if sex has any chance of happening in-game.

Same here :s
Twice I've been in the midst of an incredible plot where one of my characters became romantically involved with the other RPer's {two different players + characters of course}. In both situations, I didn't know that the player considered their character to be a personification of themselves, and what I took to be character development they interpreted as personal interest. Both amazing plots were ended due to... ah... "harassment" towards myself. I avoided IC relationships for several years v_v

This happens far too often for comfort. :( Thats why OOC and IC are different...

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » You VS Your Characters

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus