Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » OKAY, aka "The Franchise" - Freelancers (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

I am currently seeking around 3 to 4 RPers for a test run of a modern day, zany RPG.

The setting: present day, present time. You are (or will be, as soon as you pass the interview!) a Freelancer working for the underground organization called OKAY, short for Overwatch for the Knowledge and Anticipation of Your problems; also known as The Franchise. What do you do? You help people with their problems.

What kind of problems do you help people with? The non-violent kinds, the ones that require selfless charity and bravery to follow through. Even the smallest inconveniences, like leaky faucets or noisy neighbor disputes, are fair game.

And sometimes even that smallest inconvenience that needs fixing will blow out of proportion.

There are certain aspects of OKAY/The Franchise I want to emphasize:
  • Non-combat...mostly. It is The Franchise's belief that violence must be used as a last resort should everything fail. This does not mean, however, that you get to massacre people should you fail to fix the plumbing in a person's household.
  • Shenanigans. I think media such as Dr. McNinja or Regular Show can convey this better than I do.
  • (Mostly) GM-less RP-ing. I, roleplaying as any OKAY Employee, will provide the mission. You will have to write for yourself how it ends. What I exactly mean by this bullet point, I'm still trying to figure out.

More about the last bullet point: I'm still in the process of working out a dice-based RP system that encourages players to narrate off each other according to the dice. This system came about because the last few people I played with got incredibly confused with my freeform GM-ing, though I am not sure if I need it in this place. We'll see how it goes.

If you have any questions about the logistics of this RP, please ask! Other than that, if I get enough interested people or more on-board, I'll start brainstorming upcoming plotlines in the RP Group (the page is still under construction!), in which all potential RPing will be conducted:

http://www.rprepository.com/g/OKAY

The Greatest Help, For the Greatest Need, To Show That We Haven't Lost the Greatest Hope
I love this! I'm going to be making a character for it pretty soon ;D
More people should look at this. It's awesome. I don't think I can pull it off, but it's awesome.

LOOK AT IT.
I've already introduced a character there. Really, I gotta say the characters are incredible. And the ideas zipping around are fascinating.

C'mon peeps. Join in the fun!
mk_97 Topic Starter

Bump because now I am not only looking for freelancers, but non-freelancers who could possibly fit into the OKAYverse (allies, enemies, take your pick). Modern setting, but no restrictions in character. Sign up as if you were applying for the freelancing position.

At this rate we'll probably be starting our first episode when April rolls around. Still gotta work out how the system works, though.
I'd be totally fine with either or both of my characters getting limited to allies of the Franchise. <.< *shrugs* I just think the whole thing in general is cool.
Pushing this back to where there's attention. Because it deserves it.
I've been told by certain... astute individs that this could use a bit more love. And it just so happens that I need somewhere to drop my crazy little bundle of adorable teleporting psychosis. Don't worry - she means well, though whether she does well...
(I'm not trying to crash the thread, but I may have her fail her missions or w/e sometimes, for various reasons. hope that's okay)

EDIT: Derp.
I'm not going to be really picky about where she may fit in, except not as a villain. I'm not sure how that would work anyhow...
mk_97 Topic Starter

Bumping because we're still recruiting! As of a few days ago the interview process for all new applicants has been changed so that both me and the interviewee are online at the same time, finishing the interview in one quick session, if possible.

I apologize for the lack of updates, school's kicking my butt again, on top of trying to polish my responses.

Also: the dice system is indefinitely inactive. Please disregard any mention of a dice system from the first post of this topic. Informal dice use will probably be worked out in-group.
Pushin' this up. 'Cause it's cool.
mk_97 Topic Starter

I'm back, feeling inspired to jumpstart this thing again. Come one, come all.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » OKAY, aka "The Franchise" - Freelancers (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus