Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » favorite video game?

pr1nc3sh0rtcak3 Topic Starter

Ultimate.Gaymer wrote:
I guess, like, generally speaking, Animal Crossing is my favourite - any one of the Animal Crossing games. It's cute, relaxing, allows for a lot of creativity, and just makes me feel better about Things :3
I'm also a big fan of Super Paper Mario, for the story and characters and not so much the gameplay. definitely my favourite Wii game, anyway...
Undertale is also up there. I adore pretty much everything about it. The story, the silly characters, the soundtrack that consistently makes me cry... I think this is what most people would guess is my favourite game, which is a fair assumption ^.^
shoutout to Danganronpa, as well, especially Goodbye Despair.
I guess I just like stuff with wacky characters and plot twists that make my brain feel like lime jello :3
lastly, I adore the Pokémon games, especially generations 5 and 8. the former for the story, N, and being the first one I played, the latter for the characters, the wild area, camping, Snom, and some personal reasons too.
so, uh... yeah! I'm too indecisive for just one favourite game, but Animal Crossing is definitely the one I'd like to play the most right now...
YES OMFG
In my childhood, the old first Crash Bandicoot that was made by Naughty Dog, including Crash Team Racing. For some reason I never played the rest of the trilogy. I prefer the first Crash Bandicoot game because of how difficult it was with timing your jumps and how intentionally glitchy and small some platforms were. That was some difficulty that I somewhat like that is pretty much non-existent now with how refined most games in the recent years are.
Definitely Persona 3. I got to play it via emulator back in college and it genuinely shattered me like glass in the best way. I found myself walking away from the game feeling very much like the game's message of "make the most of life" sank in. And nowadays I feel my most free when doing things for my own joy and give less of myself to work.
Spyro the Dragon (original, not Reignited. I despise Reignited.)

Other games that I like and/or play for comfort:
-Okami
-Shadow of the Colossus
-Hohokum
-Solatorobo
-Cubivore
-Fantasy Life
-The DOG Island
-Magic Pengel and Graffiti Kingdom
-Yoku's Island Express
-Everhood
-Sonic Adventure 1 and 2
-Aquaria

I play a lot of video games, these are some of the really stand-out ones that I adore and replay the most.
Ōkami all the way man. I started playing that one as soon as it came out when I was still a wee lil' shrimp (game's from 2006-2007, so I was around 3 to 4 years old, I think?), and it pretty much shaped a large bit of my being. Kickass graphics, great story, just an awesome vibe overall. Would recommend it to anyone, especially if they dig animals, fantasy 'n Japanese culture.

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage is defo a close second, as are Skyrim, Fallout 4, Cyberpunk 2077 and Minecraft. Guess Far Cry Primal of all things is high up there too, because oogaa boogaa duhh.
my favrot has to be ether gta san Andreas or last of us 1 both have so amazing sotrys and fun missions there amazing
I find it very hard to pick a specific favorite game so let's do:

Favorite series: Like a Dragon/Yakuza, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Metal Gear

Some recent favorites (as in played recently, and not in those series): Alan Wake 2, Bloodborne, Dark Souls, NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139...

Favorite studio: Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio, I'll play anything they put out at this point.
fig

i am a very big fan of fallout: new vegas. as in thousands of hours invested, way too many completed playthroughs, a dozen OCs just for the setting... you know when you like a game so much that on an off day you'll just sit and play it and beat it? and it fixes everything? every ache and pain feels a lot easier to bear when i can walk a familiar path. everything about this game is perfect to me.
My all time most played things in the last handful of years seem to be Stardew Valley (got over 2k hours) and Minecraft. (no telling how many hours on that, haha)

I love the classic style turn based pixel RPGs if they have a good story and aren't too bogged down by really complex mechanics. I first fell in love with the genre when I was about 11-12 and rented 'Final Fantasy 2) (4 in Japan) This was back in the 90s and I'd never played a game with a ton of story to it before and I was absolutely mindblown. Stayed up the whole night playing, and had a near meltdown when it had to be returned. My grandmother ended up taking me out to go buy it because she saw how distraught I was haha. She didn't understand what the fuss was about but I so rarely asked for anything she didn't mind.

It's still a very dear to me game. I think the next time I got that impacted and just blown away by a game was when Morrowind came out. Now a days it's considered clunky and hard to play but I lived in that game world for MONTHS straight. There was always new stuff to try and things I hadn't seen the previous playthrough.

But the only modern day RPG that has ensnared me like the old classics used to is Rise of the Third Power. Obsessively played that through to the end within a handful of days because I HAD to know what happened.
I love Xenoblade Chronicles. It's such a good JRPG.

Another all time classic for me is definitely The Legend of Zelda the Wind Waker.

The resident evil remakes too. I love 2 remake. Re 7 is amazing too and so is re village.

Persona 5 Royal

But my most recent favorite is persona 3 Reload. I love it.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » favorite video game?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus