Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Journy to the City of Dreams (open)

Era (played by Ms_Draca) Topic Starter

"Query: How long can you go between recharges?" the small robot asked. She scanned the bag and rolled over to it. "Query: In what way did you acquire these parts?" she asked him as she picked out a small pile of washers, bolts and other common interchangeable bits that often needed replacing. "It can take me up to four hours to recharge if I let my battery run extremely low. It is recommended that I recharge every eight hours which usually requires no more than two hours to recharge. I suspect my battery runs down faster than it should, but it is in a position that is not optimal for self-repair," she added as the information seemed worth sharing as he would likely need to wait for her to recharge far more than she would have to wait for him.
Omega-C17 (played by ShadowFall)

Omega unplugged himself and put the wire down "Statement: my battery can run for days upon months, the only problem with that is it can easily be worn down if too much power is put into one system therefore I spread power evenly through all system and never charge fully only about 90-95 percent power." he said then put the circuit board to the side

From the sound of things she wouldn't have to wait for him to recharge much after all. "My battery can not last more than four days before I must recharge or I will cease to function," the small bot stated quietly. "I am not certain how long such a recharging session would take as I have not allowed myself to run on one charge for a full four days that I can recall," she said.

"Query: Were these parts stolen or salvaged?" she asked Omega. From the look of them it was doubtful that they had been purchased unless they were from a used parts store.

Omega looked at Era "Statement: I may hate the meatbags, but I would never steal from them, I salvaged these parts from droids that were too damaged to operate efficiently" he said and kept looking around

(Sorry for the short reply. We have company over today)

"I understand," Era replied slowly as she rolled closer along side him. "We may be in need of a shelter when it rains again," she told him.

Omega nodded "very well, where would be a wise place to take shelter?" he said spinning his head around slowly at all the empty buildings

(Sorry it's taken me so long to reply.)

Era rotated around on her torso pivot. "Any building with a roof that does not leak and four walls should be enough. A building with power could be useful, but is not necessary," she said. A crumbling brick wall was not far from them. It had once been part of a tall building but much of it had crumbled in an earthquake. Part of the ground floor was still intact and looters had long since found ways around any doors that had been formerly been locked. Most building were occupied with squatters of various kinds, especially at night.

"Query: If we should pick a shelter that is already occupied will you tolerate sharing with said occupant if they are not hostile?" What Omega did with hostile occupants of less interest to the small robot at the moment. "We should not need shelter so soon after you have recharged ... but an abandoned barn with a dry, draft free corner or a open doorway should work for a short time should we have few options," she said. Satisfied with her little survey of the area and orange bot started rolling along again.

Omega nodded "Agreed" he said and followed the bot, looking around though he spotted what looked like a staircase leading to an abandoned subway station and pulled Era with him heading towards it "I have found our shelter" he said and picked Era up holding her tight on his back and started down the steps

"Gah!" Era's synthetic voice squealed as Omega lifted her off the ground. Her internal sensors took note that she was not upright as usual and began to BEEP repeatedly every five seconds until she was sat back down. If she could have rolled her eyes, she would have as the constant BEEPing was annoying. She was grateful for the help down the stairs but she hadn't expected him to be so direct about getting her down there. "... Thank you for your assistance," she said to the larger robot.

"Query: Perhaps there are alternate methods to the surface for when we need to leave here?" she asked thinking it unfair to expect him to carry her back up as well. She looked around the dimly lit tunnel of the subway. "Query: Is it possible for us to travel down here?" she asked. She couldn't tell if the platform extended all the way down the sides of the tunnel or if they'd have to risk walking where the trains ran to do that. On the plus side it was dry below ground and not drafty as long as they stayed a little way away from the entrance to the surface.
doran (played by cripticanotte)

'' old girl keep it together ''.

'' i know you need new parts.''

''don't yell at me'' . he looked slightly annoyed .

''well obviously he isn't here your mad man.''

'' don't argue with me old girl.'' his face had a nasty look on.

'' don't make you me call you that fine'', he blushed. ''sexy there you happy.'' he looked apologetic listening to her.

''What do you mean your dropping me off? tardis sexy i'm sorry. get you new parts where in the world do i get those.''

he rubbed his head .''sometimes having high levels of telepathy isn't the best.'' he rubbed his head feeling a head ache coming on .

the tardis landed with a whirling sound ,and then a thump settling down dropping off her new time lord. he exited the tardis annoyed . he patted the outside door. ''be good.''

ran his fingers threw his hair looking lost. '' where do i go''?

(is this good)

(Try to use proper capitalization and spelling as best you are able. words like it's and you're are two words mushed together and not the same as its and your. It's very easy to mix them up. Try to keep spoken stuff in between the " " and have fun. All the normal stuff really. Also reading the thread may be useful to get an idea of what's going on in RP. And most importantly have fun.)

The loud wvorp, wvrop, wvorp of the TARDIS alarmed the small orange robot. She naturally didn't know what a TARDIS was or that it was the thing making the noise, but noise did not sound comforting to her. "Query: Do trains go 'wvorp'?" she asked Omega as she couldn't think of what the noise could be other than a train. They were down in a subway station after all. Oddly no train came down the rail after the noise sounded nor after it had faded away.

( occcaps is broken i will fix it as soon as possiable sometimes it works most of the time it doesn't).

Omega was looking around and turned on his flashlight "No, trains go Screech! along the tracks" he said imitating the sounds of a train with his sound projectors and began scanning the area "one new signature detected, unknown origin, hostile? possibly" he said and a blaster cannon formed around his hand and it began glowing orange much like his eye lights.

"Query: Could it be injured?" Era asked, thinking that the new person may have fallen down the stairs. She doubted that falling down stairs usually made a 'wvorp, wvorp, wvorp' but it seemed possible at least that it might have. "Query: Can you tell if the unknown entity is organic or mechanical?" she asked her companion. "Perhaps they wish to share this shelter. It is quite large," she suggested.

Omega kept scanning in answer to Era's request "Organic, I do not trust them already" he said his cannon barrel beginning to spin slowly and rolled faster after time passed

doran flicked out his sonic scanning the area. the puprle tip glowed , as it let lose a low sound pining the entire area to him.
'' hello , anyone there''. he questioned glancing around the tunnel . '' rats nice hum
and, other things.''

"Hello," Era answered slowly. "Query: Are you hostile?" she asked the voice that came from the same direction the noise had. "My ... companion is not fond of hostile people. He does not like organic people either, but did agree to tolerate you as long as you are not hostile. I can not say if he will keep that agreement. It was not in writing. I do not know if that matters," she informed the voice.

Omega kept silent and had his arm cannon spinning for precautions, he stood in front of Era as parts of him started glowing red. After a few moments he spoke "Query: Why are you down here? What are your intentions?" he asked demanding an answer from the human

''hostile , no i am not only if you are. your not hostile are you? ''he asked while walking toward your location. ''i am down here simply because my tardis brought me here . my intention is to make sure the old girl is happy my space ship. she wants some very hard to find parts. .''

The cannon on Omega's arm stopped rolling and retracted back into his forearm, his glow returned to orange and he began walking towards the abandoned rails and kept an eye out for anything suspicious

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Journy to the City of Dreams (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus