Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Interstellar Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Gravity 'stretches' over space/time. I think that lens thingy might be a focal point... see what I did there? Hurr hurr.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

You haven't received any additional clues on this despite the length it's been open because some of you have already gotten so close.
For whatever reason, I'm starting to think about "Out Of The Silent Planet" but not certain why, and I agree that Hitchhiker's Guide might be a thing to poke.
Wait, is it Hubble? That's mentioned in the NASA ttrpg and it has sent pictures back as it travels across the universe.
Dragonfire Moderator

I thought that might be the case, rrrrgle. Cripes. *folds hands and thinks*

I tried Hubble earlier, Loreguy, so that alone isn't it.
I think it might be the phrasing - gravitational lenses or gravitational lensing!
😩😩 nope

The ttrpg manual seems to say that there's a lens the players are given that has the same effects of a gravitational lens. I'm not sure if it's just.... A gravitational lens or something more specific/magicky magical.

Shoot, I forgot I read Out of the Silent Planet! Great trilogy but I don't remember half of it. Just Piebald and a little about the equipment and energy people and uhhhm the frogs. :/
Ilmarinen Moderator

👀🍿
Dragonfire Moderator

Appendix A, the part about red shifts/blue shifts
Dragonfire Moderator

it is about the "GO TO MOKHSANA" message, I know it, but-
I was looking at the redshifting/blue shifting too but was distracted by the lenses I couldn't find the name of, lol.
Reminder that sometimes it's really picky about phrasing abd specific text characters.
Ilmarinen wrote:
👀🍿
People are clearly on the right track.
Dragonfire Moderator

Yeah, I think it's definitely coming down to the phrasing on this one, hahah
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Congrats on solving this symbol! The answer was "redshift".

For those of you wondering how this answer could be arrived at, here's a quick explanation. :)
Ilmarinen, designer of this riddle wrote:
NASA put out a TTRPG module that takes place on a high-fantasy world. The Hubble Space Telescope gets stolen by a dragon and in pursuing it, the players are faced with two puzzles involving redshifted light which lets them progress the story. Redshift is a phenomenon wherein light is stretched by the expansion of the universe, and indicates the presence of older galaxies.
Dragonfire Moderator

it was the phrasiiiiiiing
Such a cool one

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Interstellar Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus