Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Cooking Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Kim Site Admin

This topic is for discussing clues and potential answers to the Cooking Symbol in Epic Week 2024. Please stay on topic. Remember, these riddles are designed to be challenging and require a group of people brainstorming together; don't feel intimidated if you don't know the answer right away. Every little idea can help. Research is not cheating; it is expected!

Click here to visit the location of the Cooking Symbol
I feel like it's wrong because it would be too obvious, but this is giving me Breaking Bad vibes.
Dragonfire Moderator

Nah, I'm pretty sure between the bromine symbol and the 'cooking' that this is exactly that. :P

Unfortunately I have no knowledge at all about this type of cooking, LOL.
Well, if it's 'too much money to spend', it must be a large number or a lot of money, probably a specific reference to this or something relevant.
Too much money to spend, this might refer to the fact that Skylar White stopped trying to launder money at the carwash they bought and instead started making a huge 'block 'o' cash' in a lockup.

It could refer to how Jesse Pinkman hooked up with Jane Margolis and she blackmailed Walter White to get Jesse's money to him. Walter later watched her die, ruining her family too. (Her father was an air traffic controller, who, in his grief at her death caused an air crash, destroying MANY families)

Theres a lot of familial destruction in Breaking Bad. Its pretty brutal.
Could his nickname be a guess maybe? Heisenberg?
Min-ya wrote:
Could his nickname be a guess maybe? Heisenberg?
Maybe...I feel a little uncertain about that though.
Oh hey, I unlocked the last clue. :D
With the last clue I'm starting to think its something about the exact measurements for the "blue crystals"...but I cant recall if Walter White ever mentions it, I know he talks a lot about different chemicals but can't remember exactly what he said 🤔 Seems a little suspish to put stuff like that on the site though so I might definitely be wrong hah 😅
I seem to recall when someone finds out about the money laundering it's because of a specific number in the bills or something, but I don't know what episode.
If anyone wants to make a list of guesses for the next time the symbol area is open for guessing, that might be a good idea :)
Lai

My first instinct is something to do with Walter's directions to Jesse about how to dispose of Emilio because of his specific directions
Hang on can the three friends itself be a clue? They were not friends, but Jesse, Todd and Walter did do some stuff together, no? And some of it required specific details?
Dragonfire Moderator

The symbol guardians themselves can sometimes be related, but it's usually just vaguely, not anything specific.
Dragonfire Moderator

Hrrrrrm. The last time the uncountable piles of money really comes up is in Ozymandias, where Walter's deeds finally catch up to him and irrevocably break his family in more than one way. Maybe it's the co-ordinates where the buried pile (and, uh, buried Hank) was?

+34° 59' 20.00", -106° 36' 52.00" would be the thing to try if it's that.
"Walt started cooking methamphetamine to provide for his family. According to his calculations in the episode "Seven Thirty-Seven", he needed to leave $737,000 for his children. The accident aircraft was a Boeing 737."

"As of 2009, Gray Matter has a valuation of $2.16 billion, making Walt's original share worth an estimated $720 million. ("Buyout")"

Maybe one of those, or the coordinates of the plane crash trajectory? Might have to find the episode for that detail though.

Edit: ooh, that sounds specific for sure lol
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Congrats on solving this symbol! The answer was "34 59 20 106 36 52".

For those of you wondering how this answer could be arrived at, here's a quick explanation. :)

In Breaking Bad, Walter White makes more money than his wife Skyler can launder, and therefore they can’t spend it. For a long time it just collects and collects in a storage unit because they don’t know what else to do with it. Eventually, Mr. White moves the money to a place out in the desert, where he buries it. He later has to call in a hit on that location because the DEA has found him trying to recover the money. But alas, the fact that he gives specific coordinates to the location rather than directions tips off the hit team that it’s an important location, and they think to kill everyone and take the buried money for themselves, perhaps rendering the entire illegal plot and all the lives Mr. White has destroyed a complete waste.

Kim wrote:
Congrats on solving this symbol! The answer was "34 59 20 106 36 52".

For those of you wondering how this answer could be arrived at, here's a quick explanation. :)

In Breaking Bad, Walter White makes more money than his wife Skyler can launder, and therefore they can’t spend it. For a long time it just collects and collects in a storage unit because they don’t know what else to do with it. Eventually, Mr. White moves the money to a place out in the desert, where he buries it. He later has to call in a hit on that location because the DEA has found him trying to recover the money. But alas, the fact that he gives specific coordinates to the location rather than directions tips off the hit team that it’s an important location, and they think to kill everyone and take the buried money for themselves, perhaps rendering the entire illegal plot and all the lives Mr. White has destroyed a complete waste.

I'll add -- he stores this sequence of numbers on a lottery ticket that is very prominently seen in a lot of epsiodes, where it is seen as just the naked numbers
Woohoo! Nice work!!!!! I pasted Dragonfire's answer in and it said it didn't work in the first popup, but then it said someone guessed it, I almost dropped my phone I got so excited 😂

Oooooh. ✨ Was this one yours, Kim? :D

Yeah, I introduced my partner to Breaking Bad earlier in the year and got realllllly excited when a sequence of specific numbers kept appearing over and over on screen ;)
That's so awesome. 😂 I've thought a few times that I wanted to make a riddle out of this or that, but I forget to write them down or plan to make a suggestion <.<

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Cooking Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus