Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Spiky Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Kim Site Admin

This topic is for discussing clues and potential answers to the Spiky Symbol in Epic Week 2024. Please stay on topic. Remember, these riddles are designed to be challenging and require a group of people brainstorming together; don't feel intimidated if you don't know the answer right away. Every little idea can help. Research is not cheating; it is expected!

Click here to visit the location of the Spiky Symbol
Is this the Borg? 👀
Dragonfire Moderator

Maybe! Or... Sonic the Hedgehog, or... Hellraiser?

(Those are two very different things.)
Claine Moderator

I have a lot of throwables. Is there someone I can yeet them at (who has only been hit a few times this year) who is willing to refresh this clue until it unlocks
Ilmarinen Moderator

I don't think this is about the Borg. Looking at the symbols, it seems like we have a Star Trek riddle later on!
Ilmarinen Moderator

Claine wrote:
I have a lot of throwables. Is there someone I can yeet them at (who has only been hit a few times this year) who is willing to refresh this clue until it unlocks
HRM I'm pretty sure I haven't been hit much at all this year, if at all! And I'm definitely game to spam refresh!
Claine Moderator

Ilmarinen wrote:
Claine wrote:
HRM I'm pretty sure I haven't been hit much at all this year, if at all! And I'm definitely game to spam refresh!

A bunch of snow coming your way, I hope it unlocks!
Claine Moderator

Yay we got it!
Dragonfire Moderator

Ilmarinen wrote:
I don't think this is about the Borg. Looking at the symbols, it seems like we have a Star Trek riddle later on!

I mean, last year we did have two riddles involving Ea-Nasir. ;)
Ilmarinen Moderator

Got it! I was either hit way more than I thought this year or you ROLLED UP with the artillery! XD
Ilmarinen Moderator

Dragonfire wrote:
Ilmarinen wrote:

I mean, last year we did have two riddles involving Ea-Nasir. ;)

HmmMHMRrmmm I WONDER who was responsible for that >D
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

IN MY DEFENSE I had just brought home a new puppy last year and some desperate measures were taken XD
Those who have complaints of Ea-Nasir shall not be silenced!
Dragonfire Moderator

They never have been yet, some 3500 years on. :P

Hrm. These clues even sort of sound like Yawgmoth founding Phyrexia.
Dragonfire wrote:
They never have been yet, some 3500 years on. :P

Hrm. These clues even sort of sound like Yawgmoth founding Phyrexia.

It *is* in the same shape as White Mana in MTG - I could see Phyrexia being part of this clue too xD
The clues made me think of Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive. Any thoughts?
Dragonfire Moderator

What part of the Archive, Alleluia? (Anything is pretty up for consideration at this point, I don't think we've nailed down a particular topic!)
I am sooooo bad at riddles.

I tried Syl and Sylphrena just because the symbol made me think of her. But what the hints made me think of were the Parshendi / Singers. More specifically - where bonds and chains give way to the liberty of the collective from the first clue and all of the second clue A lie of salvation, forging a civilization without will, marching not to the beat of death but to the pulse of an unseen conductor. The third one also sort of fits with the storyline as it progresses - taking over the land.
I know that the Ayreon albums have things that could fit this, especially the in the album The Source, but it's rare that I find anyone else who's ever even heard of Ayreon.

For some reason, by brain also keeps going to the Deathmongers from Chronicles of Riddick. They're kinda all about death, though, to where it's even key to their internal politics.

It also feels like all of this is really familiar somehow, but brain can't pinpoint what it's after.

But it also just tossed out "maybe it's LotR related?"

Maybe that's the problem: it fits too many things.
MTG Spoilers about Atraxa and Elesh Norn

Phyrexia sounds right, to be honest - I'm not sure if MTG counts as capitalism - I guess Brennan Lee Mulligan's D&D systems could fit there lol - but reading about Atraxa and Elesh Norn, it fits the bill pretty well 🤔

https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Atraxa#:~:text=Atraxa%20is%20a%20Phyrexian%20angel,antagonist%20of%20Magic%3A%20the%20Gathering.

Elesh Norn is one of the main antagonists of the Magic: The Gathering block Scars of Mirrodin and, ultimately, one of the main antagonists of the overall recent story arc, as she became the dominant praetor of New Phyrexia. Part of Phyrexia, a horrifying biomechanical menace that is equal parts civilization of metal and necrotic flesh, and infection that spreads and engulfs all life, she came into being when the world of Mirrodin fell to its corruption, rising as the praetor (i.e. "lord") of the New Phyrexia faction known as The Machine Orthodoxy, aligned with White mana.

Hear only harmony. See only glory. Speak only truth.
ATRAXA

Atraxa is a Phyrexian angel aligned with white, blue, black, and green mana and secondary antagonist of Magic: the Gathering.

- MTG fandom wiki

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Spiky Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus