Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Joyful Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Kim Site Admin

This topic is for discussing clues and potential answers to the Joyful Symbol in Epic Week 2024. Please stay on topic. Remember, these riddles are designed to be challenging and require a group of people brainstorming together; don't feel intimidated if you don't know the answer right away. Every little idea can help. Research is not cheating; it is expected!

Click here to visit the location of the Joyful Symbol
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Congrats on solving this symbol! The answer was "Play sneeze".

For those of you wondering how this answer could be arrived at, here's a quick explanation. :)

One of my favorite things about dogs is that when they are playing really hard, a lot of them start sneezing like crazy. This is actually very polite behavior for dogs and can prevent intense play from escalating into a fight!

Why they do this is debated.
  • Some claim that play sneezes are a way to vent pent-up excitement.
  • Some claim that dogs do play sneezes in place of giggling or laughing (personally, I think the play pant is a better analog for laughter.)
  • Others - and I agree with this one myself - say that the play sneeze is performed to quickly confirm and reassure play partners that a dog is only playing, even if they are snarling and biting as part of that play. Think about it – everyone looks kind of silly and vulnerable when they sneeze. It’s much harder to take a threat seriously if it is punctuated by a lot of sneezes!
Woo solved my first riddle! πŸ˜„
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Min-ya wrote:
Woo solved my first riddle! πŸ˜„

WELL DONE! :D

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Joyful Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus