Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Character image gallery skips pictures

Whenever I scroll through the gallery on my character profiles, it will skip a lot of the pictures. Like say I have 20 pictures, it'll only show like seven of em when I'm toggling through them with the -> or <- arrows. Why does it do this? Is this a bug?
Thanks!
Sanne Moderator

That's an annoying thing to happen!

I checked your character's gallery and think I found out what's causing this.

If you load the page, click an image, and ONLY use the arrow keys on the keyboard to move back and forth, everything works fine. There are no skips.

If you load the page, click an image, click "Next" or "Back" in the lightbox itself, then use the arrow keys, the whole thing jumps around and skips images.

I've been able to reproduce this in Chrome and Firefox consistently. The second you use a mouse click to browse the images, this issue happens. Can you reproduce this too?

It's definitely a bug of some sort! I suggest you send a bug report to Kim and link to this thread. :) Right now you can avoid this issue by either exclusively using mouse clicks or keyboard arrows to browse through the images.
Wow, I didn't know this was a bug! I figured it was sort of on purpose... And that everyone experienced it. :D.
Kim Site Admin

There are a few odd behaviors or the lightbox currently used to load gallery images, this among them. I'm strongly considering a switch to something newer and more mobile friendly.

You are on: Forums » Help » Character image gallery skips pictures

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus