Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Let loose the howls of Chaos. (PM to Join)

jukilo (played by jaykob)

(so yeahh anyways lets role play now)
Aervin Andres (played by mk_97)

(OOC: I am the guy who raised the sword.

If you want to continue discussing this further, we should communicate by the Private Message system. Just a heads up.)

(how do we do that)
Merrin (played anonymously) Topic Starter

((Ah, I believe you're right. Eh...lol...do we need to create a whole new PM for it? XD)

(soooooo you there if so lets roleplay and just say that was directed at you)
Glaceia (played by Katia)

(Ok now I'm confused with Jukilo. It's like he ignored the whole situation currently at hand. Well whatever, I'll post when I get back from volunteering.)

(Actually skip me.)
Revy (played by Caustic)

** okay, let's push this derailed thread back on track X__x **

Welp, this wasn't working. Even a little hand-waving and some spooky-ish ghost noises only seemed to make him more angered. Nevermind that Revy herself was getting quite a bit agitated by the constant comments. The Chaos option was looking better and better with each passing second; however, ignoring the fact that she was tapped out, it might scare Glaceia even more, and another winter gust was not in her schedule.

He was just about close enough to hit them with his 'big stick' when Revy gripped Glaceia's hand - icy dead feels and all - and enacted her escape plan. "Y'know what? Screw this. Poof." Just for added effect, she snapped her fingers; why let anyone else know she could do this at well? As soon as the snap happened, both adult and child disappeared from sight, reappearing behind a cluster of bushes out of sight. With another second's concentration, the rabid ravings of the loony were just a distant chattering in the background, amid the other city noises.

"Shesh that was irritating," Revy growled under her breath, shaking her head as she relaxed her grip. Just can't reason with some people, and it wasn't the first time she'd had to put up with such tripe - nor the worst such incident. Glancing down to the little girl, she added "So how're ya holding up? Don't tell me that jerk gotcha all riled up again." She tussled Glaceia's hair, a smirk on her face as she was unwilling to show any sort of fear around the kid if she could help it.

"Well, that was a load of crap," the disshelved, unwieldy excuse for a fundamentalist said. Then, shaking his fist, he yelled.: "THIS ISN'T OVER, HELLSPAWN! I WILL FIND YOU AND END YOU!" He seethed. "I'll certainly kill her, I'll kill 'em both."

He turned. There was a guy in a blue coat holding a sword up with both hands, rusty-end pointed at him. The stick-wielding loon was taken by surprise. He didn't expect retaliation to be this heavy. A sword? Most likely they would have used tasers on him, but a sword?!

"Hi," Aervin said, completely at a loss at what to say next. They blinked out of existence, the little girl and her caretaker. How was that possible?!

"Get away from me," the fundamentalist said, trying not to sound scared. If he had a sword, he could at least dispatch with the young man, too. "I don't want any trouble from you filthy liberals."

"Relax," Aervin replied, "I'm not here to hurt you." Hopefully Aervin himself wasn't lying. "I'm here to-"

"POLICE!" someone blared, and both heads turned. Two officers in blue, guns drawn, aimed at Aervin. "Drop your weapon!" Three more quickly came in from another angle, tackling the fundamentalist from behind.

Well, that was quick, Aervin thought. Best case scenario, I only lose my swords and stuff.

He dropped his sword as the cops moved closer.
Oh, crap, the cops.

The Assistant could not have predicted that those two girls would suddenly vanish out of existence much to the befuddlement of all witnesses involved. And now, cops.

It was a good call, throwing that chaff grenade underneath the young man's backpack. If anything, this could get the kid out of that sticky situation he was in.

He felt a slight pang in both of his arms - timelessness, this feeling he tried to explain - when he saw the young man draw his sword. It was a brief flash in the pan, but he recognized that feeling right away, that extrasensory mutant feeling. They were always brief, and always led the Assistant in trouble.

Was this kid a mutant? Only one way to find out. Lying low in a nearby bush, he flicked a switch in his trench coat pocket, and-

From beneath Aervin's backpack, the Assistant's grenade clicked and flashed a pale blue. From it emitted a high-pitched, shrill whistle which caught the officers off guard with its suddenness. The initial screech gave way to an annoying monotone sound.

Aervin felt his own muscles weaken. The instant the sound hit him, he fell backwards on the grass with no effort. It felt like his own life was flashing before his eyes. Images of shows, games, adaptations were sprawled out vividly on the afternoon sky before him. But what about those images of his own life? Where was this sound coming from? Was he really going to die?

The cops looked at the dazed man, dumbfounded, before taking both of his arms.

-

The earlier fundamentalist twitched, seconds away from temporarily losing control of his muscles. The officers found it easier to carry him outside the park, though that high-pitched sound was getting on their nerves.

And then-

I finished taping the whole scene once the police arrived, pressing off and smiling in satisfation. I liked this: it could always prove useful, you know. ( Despite, frankly, the usefulness of a psychotic religious bloke being unknown to me.)

Then I looked up. Then I saw the man with my own eyes, not of the tape. Then I saw him.

Oh. Really?
__

And then the wind roared as an invisible force slammed into the policemen, throwing back, dragging them in cicles, sending them crashing into a tree. A wind that was quickly become a gale. Autumn leaves, freshly raked, flew into the air, obscuring the sight. A wind that was cold and frosty, leaving anyone it passed through with the feeling that they just had taken a dip on the artic ocean.

And in the confusion, as the wind stopped harassing the park, the bible basher felt something around him, as the mist concentrating and enveloped him and...

-

...and thirty seconds later, he was thrown against the wall of an alley, three blocks away, by a very angry person.

I pointed the revolver at him, snarling. I hated doing things like that. It was all special effects, really: the "wind" was the speed at which the ethereal force caused chaos in the park. All extremely tiring.

But it was worth it to see the nasty look on his face.

"Bible basher indeed", I mused softly as he grew larger, his skin tone regaining its sickly grey colour, tusks revealing themselves, claws ripping clothes.

"Hi!" I piped up while pointing the gun at his face. "I want answers."

((Everyone okay with this? Lanthe used an enormous quantity of energy, really XD))
The grenade was activating its first payload. Any second now its second, electronic-jamming payload would activate. The Assistant looked on - the sound only affected choice 'mutants' or otherwise. He didn't know which grenades on him had which effectiveness; he didn't even know exactly what the young man being dragged away was incapacitated with! He should've consulted Marlon. That tricky fool was always getting into trouble with top secret mutant projects-

"Woah!" Then came the sudden gust of sharp, cold wind. The Assistant held on to his hat and dog, shielding his face with the hill. He saw police officers fly into trees, autumn leaves flying in desperate patterns, the young man suddenly being blown away, someone's shadow creeping up through the obscure air- it was chaotic, and unexpected, for sure. That deranged fool he knew earlier was wrapped in a cocoon of thick air. How...?

Jaime barked and whimpered. The Assistant got a good look at the sudden gale.

He could not be certain, but something glowed in that thick covering.

The Assistant's arms twitched. That settled it. William, that insufferable jerk, was a damned mutant.

He turned to run, dog under his arm, but WHAM! the young man's holster-backpack took him by surprise, quickly toppling both Assistant and pet. He would be down, at least, for a few critical seconds.

"Ow."

Aervin was stuck underneath a park table, his head hurting from the unexpected wind. His feet and jeans stuck out from underneath, as if he were fixing a car's underside incorrectly. He tried moving his back, but ached in his upper body.

Least the wind was gone. Stupid wind.

He checked his immediate surroundings, which was an obscured park horizon of green and next to no one in sight. Much to his dismay, his backpack was nowhere to be found, or Old Oxide. Well, it was certainly a nice run. Oh well.

Aervin's arms didn't hurt that much, but the impact left him sluggish, rather lazy. There were two silhouettes in the vicinity that he could call out to, at the risk of getting arrested again.

"Hey!!!" he tried to call out, his voice surprisingly sounding fresh and clear. "Help!" Commercial. "I've fallen and I can't get up!" It had been so long since Aervin last referenced those old folks' commercials.

Stupid soft power.
Revy (played by Caustic)

** I would assume Glaceia is a bit too short to be noticed from a lying-down position, but meh, details ^^; **

Further away from the epicenter, the effects were diminished, but still kicked up a mighty dust cloud. As it started Revy thought about Traveling further away, but the chance wasn't worth possibly getting a branch fused into her arm or something equally - and likely more - gruesome or lethal. So instead she took shelter behind the nearest tree, kneeling down as leaves, smaller branches, and no lack of dust whipped by her.

Glaceia was probably fine, being dead and all, but Revy didn't let go of her hand unless she went into ghost-mode.

Once that settled Revonne patted herself off, more annoyed than harmed in any manner. At least until she heard a cry from somewhere nearby, which while the voice was completely foreign the words were vaguely familiar. Possibly clichéd, even. Investigating the source, she came upon Aervin in a rather... awkward situation.

An eyebrow raised as she quickly took stock. "S' a funny place t' take a nap, mister," she noted with a slight hint of sarcasm, though her eyes were observing the damage on his person - mostly cuts and bruises at worst, possibly a bump on the head (though it might've just been the shadows), but nothing seemed broken or bleeding a lot. Could've been worse than what she saw, but what her eyes could perceive wasn't much; her "other" sense, on the flipside, wasn't getting much either.

Squatting down beside the picnic table, Revy watched for a few more moments, cocking her head from one side to the other. Finally she thrust a hand out, beaming as she rhetorically asked "Needa hand thar?"

The temperature continued to slowly decreased as the bible basher continued to threaten them. Then suddenly Glaceia would find herself behind some bushes away from the scary man. After that Revy tussled her hair and spoke reassuringly to her which had the effect of her giving Revy a tight hug. Apparently had done the right thing as the temperature started to return to normal.

Of course things were never easy as soon an unholy racket started to blare which had the result of Glaceia covering her ears and whimpering. She looked up at Revy as if she was hoping that she wuld make the noise go away. Luckily the noise didn't last for very long.

Then after that Glaceia noticed a man lying down just as Revy did and she responded by hiding behind the older girl's legs which was pretty understandable consider how the last man had reacted.

(Definitely not my best post, but I just wanted to get back into things. xD)

I really hadn't expected that happening. But it did.
And boy, was it rude.

I mean, I just captured him in a windy vortex and thrown him three blocks against an alley, but no, the troll, or whatever the bloody idiot was, got the wrong message. Maybe the gun helped.

Or maybe not.

But whatever the case might be, I was thrown against the wall by the creature, and I mean thrown against the wall. It was not a simple nudge. It was not a push. It was an all out, fisted, very violent throw.

Then he ran off.

And as I got up, the very definition of battered up, and holding my bleeding nose, I arranged my thankfully not broken sunglasses.*

The fact that he ran off, ignoring me, was vaguely depressing, or at least as depressing as it can be when you are a centuries old shapeshifter with an Armani suit, a Bentley, and a certainly not human physiology**.

Still, I needed to know who he was after. The child of the snow, or the girl out of Chaos? Or maybe that daft bloke with the sword.

Why? Why in blazes would I be interested in the trio and the bible basher?

Well, for a start, I had no interest in the Manipulator dying. Or the child fading, for that matter. One of them were blocking my travelling powers, and I couldn't know what would happen if they died. (I could do without the wannabe samurai, thank you very much.)

*Which have a remarkeable, like my humble self, resillience, considering that I have them for over a decade.

**Guess, just guess, which cheers me up more. It's not the Armani, for a start.

"Sure, help me up." If there were any cuts, Aervin felt only minor stings. It could have been deathly worse for him, but he only felt cuts on his face, wrist and hands.

He reached out his arm towards this girl that just so happened to be-

"Wait a second," Aervin said suddenly. "How did you..." Disappear?! His own voice trailed off. Despite the unusual circumstances he dealt with over the past three years of having 'soft power' he was still unable to properly comprehend what happened to that assailant and his supposed victims, now helping Aervin up. "I mean, uh, I probably blinked or something, because I totally saw you standing way over there one time and...the next, you were gone."

Gotta get away from the cops if possible...
Revy (played by Caustic)

Revy's face got a bit red at the mention of her abilities, but she quickly brushed it off, noting simply "Well, a gal's gotta have her secrets n'all that, heh!" Not much of any explanation, but it was all the girl was going to give for the moment. Glaceia decided to start acting cute right about then, but Revy kept her hand in contact with the little girl, reassuring her that they weren't in any danger

"'Sides," she pointed out, "we've got bigger things t' worry 'bout." Shouts could be heard in the distance, though they were getting closer. Understandably, the police weren't happy with a sword-wielding wacko and a bible-bashing crazy getting away, and were sweeping this way trying to make heads and tails of the odd situation. Looking a bit more impatient than before (judging by the way she was glancing back and forth, fidgeting constantly all the while), Revy nodded as she stated "Be best if we get a-scootin' here soon before the boys in blue decide we ain't belongin' here. Uhh..."

In her mind's eye, Revy noted that the police were edging closer to where they were - a constant reminder of their need to be gone sooner rather than later. But Revy herself was getting tired - so much energy had been burned between her abilities and the general stress of the situations that the girl wasn't sure she had more than a couple of Jumps left. And that was with the ghostly girl in tow; moving with anyone else would probably leave her weary after the next waypoint. Her mind raced, trying to think of a suitable place to hold up in for the time being.

"Oh! There's'a place nearby, down on the corner behind the park at the stop light - think it used t' be a barber shop 'cause it still got the swirly thing on the front. We'll meetcha there! That sound fine? I gots'a get scarce befar more hunters show up, an' also gotta figure out how t' get a few peoples back where they belong. I'll leave the side door unlocked so ya don't gotta bust in, m'kay?" Even with the craziness of their situation her voice remained cheerful, though when she mentioned 'hunters' a small quiver entered her tone. It probably meant nothing, but it also might've been a hint as to just how much trouble the girl was in.

Without hardly waiting for an answer, Revy gave a short bow and, taking hold of Glaceia's hand once more, snapped her fingers with her free hand, vanishing into thin air. Another couple Jumps later and the duo ended up in the alley beside the former barber shop. Unfortunately, this left Revy near her physical limits; her skin was paler than normal, her limbs were shaking slightly, and she'd broken out in a cold sweat as her energy began to run low.

Leaning against the nearest wall, she rasped "Dang... been a while... since I've done that much... in a day. Whew..." It took her a minute or two to slow the quivering in her hands enough to pull a pair of hairpins from their place, letting her rainbow-dyed hair fall as it may. Carefully approaching the side door, the young woman examined the door lock, then began fiddling with it. Lock picking was a handy skill to have, even when you didn't need it more often than not.

Glaceia clung tightly to Revy as she spoke to the strange man and kept absolutely silent the entire time. She wouldn't speak or move until the pair of them had poofed to the alley behind the barbershop.

Glaceia immediately noticed that Revy was sweating and decided to help the best way she knew how. Suddenly Revy would likely notice that it had started to snow...again. Unlike the last few times, it was a gentle snow, not at all like the storms from earlier. In fact the soft flakes of snow likely felt rather good on her sweaty skin. She would also notice that it was snowing only on her and no where else, suggesting that when the runt wasn't freaking out, she had rather good control over her abilities.

If Revy turned to look at Glaceia, she would see that the ghost child had a huge smile on her face and was pointing at the snow saying. "Miss Revy look hot, so Glaceia cool her down! I helping!"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Let loose the howls of Chaos. (PM to Join)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus