Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Guestbook bugs: Help me solve it!

Kim Site Admin

So I have a pool to test with, who here has ACTUALLY received a comment on one of their characters' guest books in the last 24 hours? As opposed to just an erroneous notification about a comment on someone else's characters.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I just did :)
Smile (played anonymously)

I received a comment on Smile's guestbook but it didn't show up in my notifications.
Sanne Moderator

New guestbook comment for Dette (played by Sanne):
"Just a test from myself." -- An unregistered visitor
(About 15 seconds ago)

:) It works for me!
Smile (played anonymously)

Ah, NOW I see it from a couple 'o hours ago.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

That sounds about right, Smile. I turned guestbook notifications off for a few hours because they were so badly bugged. I'm turning them back on now (at least half way. A few things are still being worked on) as we seem to have workable patches ready.
I have. Tyval and one of Mross's ponies on Khalina's site.
Sanne Moderator

I'm not seeing any of the old guestbook comments that didn't belong to me, so that seems fixed?
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I'm not seeing yours Sanne, looks like it's fixed :)

Yessss. We're in the homestretch here.

Can someone who is neither me or Darth respond to the comment I left in his guestbook here:

http://www.rprepository.com/c/darthangelus (scroll down)

Thank you everyone. <3
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I see your replies Sanne ;)
Minerva

well, that was interesting. I tried to several minutes ago. Now keep in mind i'm mobile right now and you know my phone has trouble. But it gave me some msg like... Couldn't find a character by that name to leave a comment on. Havent read the newest comments here yet, but if it hasnt happened to anyone else yet its probably just my phone.

Yikes, that does sound like a problem, Minerva! I'll see if I can reproduce it.

At least it's not a notification error, I guess. xD
Minerva

well, i know you don't bother catering to mobile. If nobody else has said it, it may just be me. I'll try to again in un momento.
And to assist in detecting other possible errors caused by a semi extended amount of replies I have replied to your test on Darth's page.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

What do you mean by semi extended amount of replies?

He means a lot but not a whole lot, I think.

I just gave out fistfuls of accolades. Did I miss any one? Let me know if you reported this and didn't get one.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I didn't get one :(

Oh, dur.

My brain is completely fried after this last week. xD Fixed!
Minerva

how odd, it worked that time. I'd try to replicate it but i fear how many times i'd have to take out my phone battery. that cant be good for it.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Guestbook bugs: Help me solve it!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus