Skip to main content

Forums » Help » How do I delete a group?

DownToWonderland

I've been meaning to delete a group of mine for a while.. but I don't know how to delete it, my other account made it but even in it I don't know how to delete a page.
Delete a group:


1) go to edit group located at the top of the groups page
2) look in the lower right corner, and out will see a link that says delete 'group name' with a X beside it, click that.
3) make sure you went to delete that group
4) enter password
5) click okay
6) Bye-bye group.


I don't know if members can delete groups, I think only founders can...
DownToWonderland

Rhythm wrote:
Delete a group:


1) go to edit group located at the top of the groups page
2) look in the lower right corner, and out will see a link that says delete 'group name' with a X beside it, click that.
3) make sure you went to delete that group
4) enter password
5) click okay
6) Bye-bye group.


I don't know if members can delete groups, I think only founders can...

TY! ^_^
:3 I'll assume TY means thank you. So, your welcome!
Kim Site Admin

Rhythm wrote:
I don't know if members can delete groups, I think only founders can...

Correct, only founders can.
Kim wrote:
Rhythm wrote:
I don't know if members can delete groups, I think only founders can...

Correct, only founders can.


XD reason I said that is for some reason I wanted to think maybe a moderator could to-
What are security tokens needed to delete a group?
How do I obtain a security token?
Kim Site Admin

Shilo156 wrote:
What are security tokens needed to delete a group?
How do I obtain a security token?

A security token is generated automatically when the site asks you if you are SURE you want to delete a group, character, your own account, or anything else of particular importance. When you answer yes, the security token is passed along with your yes, so the site knows you first visited the confirmation page and the signal you sent requesting something be deleted is likely real. Most of the time, you'll be completely unaware that it happened. The only time you're likely to see any mention of the security token is if it expired before you made your choice and confirmed that you were sure you wanted to delete your group/character/whatever. Occasionally you might see mention of one if you accidentally double-click the delete button, and your security token is consumed when the deletion occurs on the first click (but your browser displays the result of the second click).

Security tokens are fairly short lived, existing sometimes only for a few minutes.

This is important because they prevent a rare but extremely nasty sort of malfeasance, wherein someone sends you a link to the "confirm delete" page disguised as something else. Clicking it would send a "yes, I'm sure I want to delete my..." type signal to the site. However, if no security token has been generated, we know you didn't - or didn't recently - look at the confirmation page, and you probably didn't really mean to delete that thing.

If you've received an error regarding a security token, usually the fix is to go back and try again, so a new one will be generated for you.

If that doesn't help, please send me a bug report with the details so I can take a look. :)
How do we delete groups now with the new update? (I am the founder)
Sanne Moderator

Fate wrote:
How do we delete groups now with the new update? (I am the founder)

Go to Your Stuff > Groups > Click on the pencil icon next to the group you want to delete > Scroll to the bottom and click the Delete link. :)
Sanne wrote:
Fate wrote:
How do we delete groups now with the new update? (I am the founder)

Go to Your Stuff > Groups > Click on the pencil icon next to the group you want to delete > Scroll to the bottom and click the Delete link. :)


It keeps saying "500 | Sever Error" D:
Fate wrote:
Sanne wrote:
Fate wrote:
How do we delete groups now with the new update? (I am the founder)

Go to Your Stuff > Groups > Click on the pencil icon next to the group you want to delete > Scroll to the bottom and click the Delete link. :)


It keeps saying "500 | Sever Error" D:

I reported this the other day. Pretty sure with 2.0 it's just a small bug that kim'll get round to :>
Kim Site Admin

Bug should be fixed now :)

You are on: Forums » Help » How do I delete a group?

Moderators: MadRatBird, Keke, Libertine, Copper_Dragon, Dragonfire, Heimdall, Darth_Angelus