Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Alexandria, Egypt

Draeval (played by Rubix)

Wasn't expecting the quick reaction of Ash and it made him stop in his tracks. "I..." Drae wasn't sure how to say what he knew, "Perhaps it would be easier my Lord if you saw what I know...my words are not the best. I was not gifted with that, but visuals I can offer." Drae really wasn't lying there, he could show him his memories, he could offer up anything in his brain through their visual connection, but as far as words went he just didn't have the reservoir to allow such.

When the goat comment was brought up he chuckled, "You know she still lives in my time? But I suppose you could say it came from her in a way."
Ash (played by Minerva) Topic Starter

"Heh... I wouldn't be surprised. Myself and Via are not only both very fond of her, but tend to deal in the caretaking of her kind." Go figure. But Namine was not the primary topic at hand. "...Draebal, I can not see anything right now." Case in point, as he tripped on a misplaced cobblestone and almost hit the ground. There was only so much to do through stolen vision at an odd angle. "You can tell me what you believe you know. I am not so simple as I look."

Draeval smiled softly, "She is special indeed, and I'm sure a good companion." Carrying his pups in his actual time. He's told he cannot see and Draeval nods, "Why is that Lord? I've never seen you like this, and I suppose never really done much research into it." So it was curious to him. And he's asked to tell him and so Drae will, tell him as much as he can without telling him about things specifically involving him. Since his player is a bit brain dead tonight and you should know everything the player does the dialogue will have to be as it was before for Luci.

"I tend not to make it so noticeable. I am prone to sitting still in a comfortable place, and so often... I do. But my night was in a stall with Philomela, and to give her space, I walk. That, or I disperse my avatar, but I felt more fruit out of staying with you. It is more likely you never realized I had any struggle. More often than not I am either stationary or striking a stride in a place I am very familiar with." He clarified, pondering. He had his own questions, but he harbored them for the time. "I have an eye for day, and an eye for night--or I had that, once. Now, I have only an eye for night, and if you can not tell, it no longer hangs in the sky. The eye of the day went to another with that title. I call him the young sun. Others call him the serpent slayer."

Draeval once again listened, "Ah, that would explain why I wouldn't have noticed. You sitting and being comfortable is not at all unusual Lord. But then again, there is much to to learn when sitting and observing." He smiled softly, "I don't realize a lot of things, animal eyes are not the full extent of my animalistic nature. Many things do not compute in my brain because of that." He looked out as Ash mentioned the serpent slayer, "I have heard that name before, in the legends of my kinsmen. Though I suppose they are histories rather than legends." He was thoughtful enough on that subject.

He nodded. "Perhaps it's time I have a question. How is it that you know me? Or us?"

((I'ma head out, feel free to make a big post, it's lateish. Seeya tomorrowish.))

Ash finally asked his question and when Drae decided on the best form of answer he looked towards him. "Ah, complicated Lord. But, you said that the two were children of your thoughts, your mind rather. Consider me the great great great child of those thoughts. Things were set into motion at some point and my father's creation was deemed necessary, and his creation of his children as well. So, I know of you Lord and the those around you because in a way I am family."

Draeval rubbed the back of his neck, "My explanation is not the best I'm sure, but a child of thought created a race of creatures. My father the first, and he spawned quite a few young. Each of us is tied to some sort of gift, some are more spiritual in nature others are more grounded. I'm...somewhere in the middle I guess. Fringed, but I have been able to live among you all for a short time. And so I know you all in one way or another. Some more than others."

Drae looked down, "I'm not a young creature Lord, I have been alive for several millenia but even in all that time my time of learning has been short. But in the time that I've had with you all, I've been able to learn a bit about everything. Just enough to get me in trouble." There was a lilt and a smile, not that it would help Ash too much. But the lilt perhaps would let him know he was teasing a bit.

Enough to get in trouble, eh? "...So you spend more time with Via, then?" His own subtle lilt upon an otherwise ragged tone countered.

"...I see. A complicated answer, but not the most confounding I've found in the universe. Have you ever tried to hold a conversation with a trans-cosmic dragon? That, my boy, is confusing." He stopped in his stroll, glancing back down the roads. "How far have we walked? My grasp of time is poor. Do you imagine she could be asleep yet?"

Perhaps it was time to start walking back, at least. "I can't entirely claim the minds of my two, either. I was simply the catalyst that caused their divide. I witness dreams, not so much weave them. Via is the grander weaver. I would imagine your tie more to him than I. More than once I've watched his thoughts come to life and bring trouble--occasionally do good. But trouble is part of his nature."

"...Have you any other questions?"

Draeval laughed, "Actually more time with Popul, but Via too I suppose." He mused on that subject for a bit, before Ash continued.

He's asked about a trans cosmic dragon and Drae gave a gentle shake of his head, "No Lord I haven't, but I'm sure it is." Ash asks how long they've walked and Drae ponders it for a moment, "Perhaps long enough, it depends on her if she'd be asleep by now or not. But if we pick our way back slow enough it should be ample time Lord."

Drae nodded gently, "I do not believe trouble is his intention, but I suppose that yes I'm more tied to him. I believe my sire was a creation of his creation, and I seem to hold traits of both Via and Popul. The Lady Chiara, who was lost here before, is my wife and her bond with Popul is strong in our time. And so I suppose I inherited my bond from her. In the end it becomes muddied at best."

He's asked if he has any other questions and Drae ponders on that for a moment as they walk. "I'm not sure Lord. Do you have any questions for me?"

He turned, waiting for Draeval's eyes to lead the way before meandering back towards the pub. "No. I imagine I already know more than I should. I would, however, suggest in the future not to use the communication device you referenced when outside of its appropriate time. In essence, you're de-synchronizing two individual time periods and causing a constant connection between them. At worst, that device can be used to find a way back for you, but do keep in mind you are taking action that should not take place in this time, and sending messages to another time that should not be able to touch this one. That rearranges the time flow and could be contaminating in its own way. As if... a flat scroll of parchment was a continuous spread of time, and is now being folded to accomodate the immediate transfer of communication between two drastically different eras. Though my perception of time on this world is poor at best due to my own stellar state, I am far from oblivious to the theories and workings of it. It's a dangerous and likely unnecessary gambit."

Draeval continued to walk with Ash, listening as the man spoke. He nodded gently here and there, these were words he would indeed heed. In his hopes to stay tethered to his time perhaps he was doing more harm than good. It wouldn't be the first time his ideas caused problems in fact he knew, it wouldn't be the last either.

"Yes my lord, I will heed your wisdom. I did not think of that when I embarked on this new form of communication with my time. Perhaps this visit was to be the proper slap to the head I needed to realize some things." The wolf!man sighed, maybe his gifts were best left to their own devices, no matter how much he wanted to control any aspect of them.

"We all get slapped one way or another. Take blessing where it is due, that it was so minor as to thus far only influence a few, rather than a many--at least, as far as we can tell for now. In some ways, my presence in the worlds is an obscurance of time, as my own time and location is infinitely separate in its flow from this world; at the same time, I've learned to keep my interactions minimal at best--mostly towards those with whom I am already entangled, in a domain designated to me, or as nothing more than an unknown stranger on the road. I imagine you and I aren't so different, that way." Well, maybe a few details varied, but the idea was somewhat similar.

With the Pub coming back into view, or Drae's view, a few other thoughts came to him. "So, what is the way of the gods in your time? Well 'gods', if you can call the lot of us that. Recognition from Assyria and Babylon are fading at best; Greece has been weakened by the perception of the Romans, and I can feel our hold in Egypt teetering at best. With the prophecy Via heard, I imagined us ultimately returning northward, but nothing lasts forever. Where do we inhabit and influence?"

That might be a sad story on its own, Ash. "I've been without my foresight for some time, and barely know further than the here and now for likely potentials."

Draeval chuckled softly, "Yes I suppose we do Lord." But as Ash continued to speak the wolf grew silent. Worry was mixed into his voice when he spoke up again.

"Lord, is it possible that this could get worse over time? I lived millenia outside of time, for various reasons that I can't get into, but the last handful of years I've lived in time. I've forged bonds with people, married, had kids...I am linked to my time now in a way I've never been linked to anything before. The bonds will only grow in time, but my powers will still throw me everywhere and anywhere. So...would that web...could that web...?" He was grasping but Ash had much more experience living among times than he did. Drae was old, but he wasn't seasoned like the others.

When they started talking about the gods he let out a gentle breath. "Lord...there are few of you left. Those that are have hung on through family or small groups of followers. Or really because of your patronage to various things. But not only are these gods fading, many gods or thought of higher powers are fading. They have woven into each other so many times that they kind of...blend. The changing powers change and force changes. Many histories are lost, but...the gods are not completely forgotten. They are still taught, still mused, and like I said still have followers in some respects. In my time there are several temples, and many dedicated to passing on the memory of the gods."

He nodded gently about foresight, "I was only ever limited in that gift, my eyes see all times passing at once but foresight was a bit to much for me. I don't know Lord, though the gift is extremely helpful at times...I wouldn't wish it upon my greatest enemy for them to see my time from this one." He looked off, "I make it sound horrible...it's not, just different. So different..."

He paused once Draeval's eyes put them within a few moments of the inn. "It could, especially if one is not careful. My greatest error came with bringing tools and knowledge to people who were not yet aware; continued travel could end up negatively impacting, and even erasing the progress and life you know--though I'm sure you're aware of that. Perhaps enough of a bond in one time can root you there... I know nothing of you, and not enough to give proper advice."

The rest drew thoughtful nod and murmer. "Mn. Expected. Perhaps as it should be."

He stopped to stare towards Draeval as best Draeval's own eyes could guide him to. "And you needn't continue calling me Lord; the young miss simply seems outright confused with our casualities and I choose to let her continue in formality. That, and I don't much mind hearing her call me Lord." He let his grin slide crookedly, before staring off, undirected. "You say you know me; call me by how you know me."

Draeval took that in and nodded lightly, though he knew Ash couldn't see it. "If it could root me that would be fantastic, but in all honesty I dunno if that's possible. My power and my life force are connected, the more I use my power the less life I have. And I can only sort of control it, there are times that it just takes me wherever it wishes. Like this trip."

Watched Ash and sighed softly, "Perhaps, but still it is a sad affair."

Paused when Ash did and chuckled, "Well, I cannot say I completely blame you. Philomela is a wonderful woman and seems greatly talented. Though I've never met an oracle before." He looked towards Ash and bit his lip, "Very well, I suppose if Via gained his name of Luci in this time I can't be too bad if I call you Ash."

"You could always try my own strategy--finding a timeless place for your true self and, if within your capability, aspecting into certain brackets of time. But that, clearly, can't work for everyone." He leaned on the stable door.

"My enchantment might be tainted; she's hopelessly entangled with us and doesn't yet realize it." But with that, he went momentarily silent. "Might you look and tell me if she is asleep?"

Meanwhile, a direct cord was being called through, Via, what is the status of your search?

The silence, while momentary, felt like a year to the one on the other end, I believe I've found the time. Populus is making appropriate calculations and all of that bookish nonsense.

Good. I need you as a guide.

Well, aren't I popular today?

Ash grunted--which may seem random to Draeval. Philomela wishes to visit me. You are a better dreamwalker than I, and know the road there even better. Give her a hand. I'm soon disbanding my avatar here.
Luci (played by Minerva) Topic Starter

Luci was already in the target final location when receiving the message. If Philomela was, in fact, asleep she might find her dreams rippling like a mix of water and flourescent cloud. The ultimate figure that wrapped from the distortion was a technicolor crane of a man with a cobra's hood in all its prismatic colors. If it were bird or serpent head was unknown, as the top was covered by a bird-beaked golden helmet, crested in horns, feathers, and topped in a sign of Taurus with a solar dot in the center of the circle. What'd he walk into? Hopefully nothing he needed to dodge in the dreamscape.

Looked at Ash and pondered that for a moment, "I've never tried...but obviously I can separate myself. Mmm thank you Ash, that does give me an idea." He wasn't sure if it would work for him at all, but it was something he could play with. Something he could test out and attempt to understand.

He looked at him and thought about that before looking into the stable, "Yes it does appear she is asleep."

And then Ash is checking out on him and Drae will take the time to turn and lean so he can gaze out into the night. Always things running through the wolf's brain
Philomela (played by Loki)

Philomela was indeed asleep, though he dreams seemed to be troubled from the outside viewer. In the dream itself, Luci'd find himself walking into a war zone. It seemed to be a continuation of whatever dream she'd questioned him about, with men using what she thought was Zeus' lightening to kill each other. Luci won't need to dodge, the dream figures can't hurt him and they don't even seem to see him. He could just walk right through them.

The scene is hazy looking with muted colors, which makes it easy to find Philomela, who is the only thing in the area that's in full color. She's hiding behind a tree, sitting on the ground with her eyes squeezed shut and her hands over her ears. This unfortunately doesn't stop her from seeing or hearing anything, because she is in her own head. She can still sense everything that's around her, and she's clearly frightened and upset. She'd likely be grateful to be able to leave this nightmare dreamscape.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Alexandria, Egypt

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus