Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Alexandria, Egypt

Ash (played by Minerva) Topic Starter

"Now and then, I may. A good deal of the time may be on your own. Via, when less occupied, enjoys a good walk and can pass it as part of his duties. Myself, I have personal upkeep to attend to, as well as duties both here and overseas. I enjoy spending certain times of day in set locations, and at times the woods can entertain me and meet my personal needs. But travel on an open road? Not likely to be something I can substantiate myself through."
Philomela (played by Loki)

Philomela had been speaking more about, currently, as in was he going to walk her out of town. Still, his reply has her assuming he won't be. "Alright. I'll...see you...later?" She didn't know what a proper goodbye would really be. She wasn't afraid, she'd spent most of her days traveling with just her and Namine.

She'd look at the goat and she'd bite her lip, but she figured she'd already maxed out her favors when it came to the two of them. Hopefully giving birth wouldn't be too hard on her. "Come on Namine, it's time we moved on." Unless Ash stopped her, she's heading for the main road to exit the town and head south.
Namine (played by Loki)

Namine would be right there with Philomela, though instead of just running after her, she'd take the time to butt her head against Ash."Naaah!" She'd look out for Philomela, because that's what she'd always done. It was her own form of goodbye, and then she was trotting off after her mistress.
Ash (played by Minerva) Topic Starter

She earned a nod. "Of course. And do remember, even if I can not spend the entirety of my time on a walk, you can call for me. And on moonless nights you know how to come to me." And with that he... turned to walk back into the city.

Philomela made it out of town on that first day without much trouble, after making a stop in the market to buy some food for the road. She didn't know where exactly she was going, usually when she traveled, she followed rumors of Luci from town to town until she'd eventually caught up with him. This was a bit different though, and she had no idea what to do. On her first night out of town, she made herself a small camp off the road a bit, so she didn't attract too much attention. She was still close enough to Alexandria for there to be a significant amount of traffic on the road.

It was then that she finally pulled out the map that Ash had taken for her, and she looked it over. "Hm..." She often spoke aloud to her goat, even if Mela was sure that Namine couldn't reply. "Looks like we can stay on this path for most of the way. There are a few towns scattered about, where we can refill our supplies." She folded the map back up and she tucked it back into her pack, before laying on her back to look up at the stars. It had been awhile since she was totally alone. At least with Eudora and then Draeval around there had always been someone to talk to. She wasn't sure if she prefered company or not.

Mela spent most of her time this way, traveling ever southward. She never stayed in one town for too long, though she wasn't sure why. She could have stayed where ever she liked for as long as she liked, but she just didn't. Maybe she'd grown used to wandering during the time she'd been searching for Luci. During her time on the road, she didn't call out for Ash, Luci or Ferous. She was used to taking care of herself, and she'd seen that Luci was busy, and Ash had told her he would be as well. Ferous just scared her, and Mela doubted she would come even if she was called. If the no moon fell while she was gone, she would have visited Ash, just to keep him company, in the same way she had before.

Anybody looking for her would probably find her off the path somewhere, camped with her goat and eating a supper of cheese and bread. It had been a few weeks since she left Alexandria, so she likely hadn't made it too far, seeing as she was heading away on foot. Namine was with her, lingering near her mistress and chewing on some grass.
Dreamer (played by Maximus)

Philomela and Namine were both likely to be startled when a large wolf approached from the distance. He wasn't prowling, and his tail wasn't up. The posture chosen was intended to be as unimposing as possible. His fur was a moddle of browns, grey and black. The goat would probably be alarmed, he figured, so now and then he'd take a seat and wag his tail to prove he meant no harm.

In a sense, this too, was a test. Would panic defeat curiosity? Upon getting closer, Philomela should have noticed the white feathers which protruded around the ears and the back of the head. If they fled, the encounter would have ended there. Any alarmed warning or threat towards him would have been answered with a two legged dance and some rolling on the ground.

Given an opportunity to fully approach the wolf would have stopped a few feet away, tilting his head to the side. "So, little butterfly, I see your travels have become lonely again. Tell me, what have you learned? Does fear steal your heart?"

Philomela wasn't quite as startled as Namine was by the wolf. The goat would bleat in terror and try to hide in the taller grasses. Philomela would sit up straighter, but she wasn't too afraid. Typical wolves were more afraid of her than she was of them. It seemed friendly enough, and as it got closer, Philomela realized that it was definitely no ordinary wolf. She's tiling her head as it walks up, while Namine was bleating a warning from somewhere behind her. There was more than one reason that the goat feared the wolf.

When the wolf stopped a few feet away, she watched it with cautious eyes, only to have it speak to her. She'd flushed and she'd bow down low to the ground. "My Lord. Forgive me, I did not recognize you." She wouldn't even dare to look at him while she spoke, and as soon as he had started speaking Namine had gone silent.

"I regret to inform that I have learned little since last we spoke. I intend to follow Lord Hermes along this way...as I was told he was taking a lover of his south. I...seem to have lost him. He is ever so...slippery. But never fear my Lord, I will find him and do my best to retrieve the item that he has stolen." She's shaking slightly, "Are all Gods not due to be both respected and feared?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Alexandria, Egypt

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus