Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Alexandria, Egypt

Philomela (played by Loki)

Philomela bit her lip, and she knelt down, to give her goat some pettings, "Now Namine. You know stealing is naughty." She'd plant a kiss on the smelly animals head and stand, following along with Luci.

Mela was mostly content to remain silent while Draeval and Luci spoke, only Luci said something that had her looking utterly scandalized. "Wh--what?! Blasphemy!" Yes, she's actually looking horrified by the idea that some human would claim that.
Namine (played by Loki)

Namine was content to trot alongside Philomela for now, after rubbing a head against her Mistress' leg. She seems alert, looking around for anyone that would try and harm her Philomela. "Naaah?" Even she seems curious about someone who could win that one over. She'd been trying for weeks!
Draeval (played by Rubix)

Drae smiled, "Dat would be da one." He's asking about Ash however and Drae will blush before looking down, "Fraid zo, I kinda let mai gumz flap a bit. I'm really bad about dat." Oh that's an understatement. But Mela gets his attention and he'll blink. "Z'e iz alzo mai wife. Zo I can attezt dat it iz not, in fact, blazp'emy. But a future trut'." He was trying not to sound overly protective of his wife. They didn't know, it was a future truth however and he is a loyal wolf. But he came off pleasant enough in tone.
Luci (played by Minerva) Topic Starter

Luci's eyes drifted aside, lit by that typical crazed spark. His cockeyed grin only emphasized it. "I know, right?" He sounded off like a coffee-clutch. "In the end she at least managed to earn Popul's attention, however."

(Somewhere in the library, an old gheist glanced over their shoulder as their ears burned, but chose to continue marking books.)

"You'll have to forgive us for not being able to suspend our disbelief... time traveler." He chuckled while ducking into the front of the pub, holding his cap brim to prevent it being knocked off by the door. It was tipped the way of the old drinker at an eastern window, before he turned to face Philomela. "So, what was it that you were going to propose? Perhaps propose to Popul! Apparently, that works somewhere!" Not that kind, Luci.

Philomela frowns when Draeval seems slightly annoyed with them, "But..." She seemed at a loss really, it was blasphemy to her, sorry Draeval. She also didn't see why some mortal would chose to wed another, when she had so clearly won the favor of a god. It's likely that she doesn't believe Drae at all.

Into the inn they go, and she'll wave hello to Ash, before turning her attention back to Luci and going a bit pale, "She'd kill me..." Yeah, she knew that would not be a good idea. "Probably would work just fine for you, but I have a quest to finish." So no, no proposing anything to Ferous.

"I...was thinking...I mean, there's really nothing in this for you." She'd bite her lip, "What if we made a trade? I could offer you something of equal value. Something else you want. And then you could give me the stolen item. Everyone is happy!"
Namine (played by Loki)

Namine sneaked right into the inn along with everyone else, and she trotted over to Ash, resting a head on his knee. She was making quiet goat noises, likely filling him in on what had happened, starting with the night before, and leading up to finding Luci. Even her stealing and Mela being upset with her. Even if Ash wasn't listening, the goat was likely just...bleating to herself. Also, she would like to be petted!

Draeval grinned, "Okay, zo iz not in da traditional zenze ub marriage. But dey da libe togedder, dey da 'abe a "named" marriage. I zuppoze iz az cloze az 'e'll allow. Zo yez an no? Iz intereztin at leazt. We are in fact, 'oweber now married. Den we weren't, wen ya lazt zaw 'er." Well? They weren't then.

He looked to Philomela and smiled, "Z'e iz a radder unique woman. An ta be 'onezt doze two are...bery zimilar. Quiet, zmart, zit an juz kinda libe around eac' udder. Iz an intereztin ting ta zee an libe wit."

Though there was laughter about the proposal to Ferous, always a fascinating subject. Drae was also very much so enjoying himself. He looked up to find Ash and lowered his head respectfully, he would try to be better today. Really, he would. Maybe.

Draeval earned hoisted brow. "Uh... huh." Half wasn't understood, and half wasn't believed.

"...I'm not a fan of pointless slaughter, nor is Populus. You'd be more likely to be turned into a heel. Or perhaps a nose. ...A nose seems fitting." He dwindled in thought for a moment before glancing up. "Alright. You want to trade?" He glanced back and forth, as if hiding some terrible secret--as if someone was going to see. He neared Ash's table, sliding into the edge of the seat on the opposite side of the booth. He curled a finger for Philomela to sit across from him.

If she dared to follow, and take seat, he slid his hand out on the table, lifted it, and exposed nothing but the table underneath. "Now give me something of equal worth!" He demanded, barely holding back his laughter.
Ash (played by Minerva) Topic Starter

...Ash's one eye looked at the better part of them like they were insane; Luci earned the better deal of it, Draeval earned a quickly deflected glance, Philomela gained a raised brow and a loose shrug gesturing to the seat beside him as Luci beckoned, and Namine... earned him tilting his head to stare down at her. "I can't tell who's been busiest." To lean, he looped his arm over the back of the wooden seat. Of course, it also made a convenient hoop nearly over Philomela if she dared to sit upon their double-invitation. He was at least being good and not touching.

"...Via, you should really stop stringing this girl along."

"I'm not stringing anyone along! I've told her, I haven't stolen from Apollo in a long, long time!"

"...Watch the use of names." He reminded.

Philomela was still looking at Draeval like he's crazy, "Maybe you shouldn't...tell her that." She seemed a little concerned for his well being!

Luci makes her flush and she reaches up to touch her own nose, which is likely a little on the big side. "Isn't that the same as being dead? I couldn't move around, or do anything." She still seems embarrassed, though she'll let her hand drop when Luci gestures her closer. She's heading over, excited by the idea that she might be getting somewhere in her quest. She'll take the seat, though she's not sitting all that close to Ash.

When Luci put his hand on the table, she leaned forward eagerly only to be met with...nothing. Her face fell, and she slumped back in her seat. Looking upset, "I know in my heart that you took it. My Patron wouldn't lie to me, or send me on a quest with no purpose." She seemed pretty put out now, so she'll just look at her lap.
Namine (played by Loki)

Namine seemed content with her head basically in Ash's lap, and her tail would swish back and forth. She's probably even trying to nibble on him too, the same way she had been with Luci.

Draeval tilted his head, "I tink 'e already 'eard it fram 'er when z'e fell inta diz time. An per'apz datz w'y 'e t'rew da rock at 'er?" He looked to Luci for confirmation, "Z'e talked about dat for da longezt time. Wut 'appened?"

Ash's glance away made Drae look down, oops. Suppose he really had gotten to the old lion. They're talking though about what Luci stole from Apollo and the talk back and forth between Ash and Luci about names had him tilting his head back and forth. Who was Apollo to them? He was so confused, surely Apollo wasn't who he was thinking he was. But of course...he was. Drae just didn't know it.

"Not sure, Drae." He was ready to be casual once dismissing the whole affair, but he'd been scolded. Luci twinged. "Right. Since he's all..." the gesture he made probably wouldn't make a lot of sense to most people now. His hand made a mock beard, with wiggling fingers, "...scary...now. Not that he was ever not scary but... you know, nevermind." He dropped off, glancing side to side and opting to lean aside and close the window shutters over their booth.

It earned a grunt from the elder at the table. Luci appeared nervous, deciding reluctantly to open the window again. It was night time, but as usual, Ash waited at a table where he could await the first motes of sunlight on the horizon again. The raggedy old figure turned, facing Luci sternly with the one eye not covered in a patch. "Then look at me and tell me, Via. Do you have the item they accuse you of?"

"I don't! At least, I think I don't. I don't think I do." He stuttered, furrowing his brows.

"Viiiaaaa..." It came with emphasized warning, channeling frustrations into something more benign by stroking the head of the goat occupying his lap. "Don't shrug me off."

"I'm not! I don't even know what I'm supposed to have."

Something in the gaze Luci gave Ash must have convinced him, because the verbal prodding stopped and he glanced aside to Philomela. "What, exactly, did the new sun tell you?" He paused and... blinked down at Namine. Lap. Nibbling. He cleared his throat and gave her a light thump atop the head with a single bejeweled finger in warning. Not right now.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Alexandria, Egypt

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus