Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Write My Character!

People puppeting our characters is pretty much the bane of our existence, but that's all this thread is about! Why? Because it stretches creativity to try getting someone else's idea right, and it's a great excuse to try out something you might otherwise never have thought of. It also gives us an idea of how others perceive our characters.

How It Works

Person A rolls one die that's as close to how many public characters they have as possible without going over. The number defines the character that the next person will try to write for. If it's higher than the number of characters, wrap it around!
Alternatives
If you have a lot of characters but only want to include some of them for this, list them (with profile links!) in your post and match the side of the die to that list instead. Really want to put an anonymous character out? Go ahead, and that's the one the next person will write as!

Person B writes out at least a couple paragraphs (but not a whole extended story, please) of Person A's selected character doing something. Anything, so long as it keeps within site rules. The goal is accuracy. Person B then also rolls for the next character, from their own list.

Person C ranks how they perceive Person B's accuracy on a scale of 1-10 (10 being best) and says a little about why they feel that way. They then write as Person B's character, and roll for the next.

Rinse and repeat. ;)

I'll go ahead and kick off with a character.

rolled 1d20 and got 10
If you get Misc, pick whichever from there. ;)

I'll start. i'll edit this in a moment :3

I have 14 characters, so feel free to not include the last four in counting, as they are the worst of my list.

Edit:

Babysitting could be fun for Lucas, if a tiny bit dishonest. He smiled from his hiding spot, trying to keep from laughing, "I'm this way!"

He could hear the kid in the other room searching for where he last heard Lucas speak. It seemed like magic to a five year old and it was keeping him busy. Should tucker him out too, which might impress the mom, after all, she did say that little Johnny didn't like to sleep on time.

Another voice from upstairs, "Haven't you found me yet? Come on, this game is easy!" He sniggered, listening to the frustrated child in the other room.

((BTW, LOVE that character.))

rolled 1d10 and got 4

This sounds like fun! How does this not have more replies?!

I'm giving Cacophony a 10/10. From what I've read about Lucas he'd surely trick kids like that. He does look like the type of person who'd use his powers to have fun. Though I haven't seen Lucas in action in actual roleplays, this short story gives me a good idea as of what to expect should I ever find myself doing a story with Lucas! Good going, Cacophony! I can only hope to do half as good as you did.

The adventures of Giles Dimitriou and the things that happen in it

The campus was littered with pamflets about some sort of student party. Giles saw them all as he walked back to his home after having spent the majority of the day in the same classroom. It wasn't all that interesting, seeing the same decor all day long, but at least he didn't have to move as much from classroom to classroom.

Nearly at his dorm, and Giles once again saw a pamflet hanging from the wall, showing that same student party."Whoever posted those really wants to draw a crowd." Giles muttered to himself in amusement. The young man was thinking about going and maybe socializing a bit. But a party didn't seem like his scene. He preffered tranquility.

As Giles reached his dorm and was looking for the keys, his neighbor's door opened. Out of it walked one of his few acquaintances, who quickly noticed him."Hey, Giles! How's the day treating ya?" The long blonde haired girl spoke with a gentle smile."Oh, same old, Anita." He smiled back at her a bit awkwardly. The quirky girl didn't give the young man the chance to enter his dorm once he unlocked the door. She had a question for him."You know that party Ronny has been organising? The news is all over campus, literally! I was wondering if you'd be going as well. I never see you going out, y'know?"

Did... Did she just ask Giles out to a party? The young man was astonished and it took him a few moments to realize what was going on."Oh, I.. I don't know. Maybe, i-if I finish my re-reports, I don't know, maybe?" Anita smiled at him, which made Giles' cheeks turn to a dark shade of red."Mull it over a bit, will ya? I bet you're real fun at parties. I won't push you or anything, but I'd really like it if you could make it." Giles nodded."I'll think about it, I promise!" With that, he awkwardly stumbled into his room, closing the door quickly behind him and taking a deep breath. It may not have been direct, but he had been asked out! Should he feel glad or worried?

"Maybe I should go.." Giles thought to himself with a wide smile.
Oops my roll didn't register, sorry about that!

rolled 1d20 and got 10
If you happen to come across one of my unfinished character pages, feel free to pick the character that comes before or after that one!

What a cool idea!
Oh man, GE-NEX Carolus 2 is way out of my element. I'm down for trying something different, though, and their concept is cool.
Premius stroked his gray beard thoughtfully. His pale green eyes- which were surrounded by wrinkles of stress and age- followed his GE-NEX Carolus 2 as it dutifully dusted his rifle cabinets. "'Upgrade'?" he echoed with a scoff. "I wouldn't dream of it. He might just see me as an ally due to Guard Dog Pack 5.2, but that doesn't change the fact that Carolus saved my life more than once in the Great War. Did I ever tell you about the time we found ourselves cornered in an abandoned jet-pack manufacturing facility?" Jericho, Premius' twenty-year-old son, shook his head. He was sitting on the couch opposite his father trying not to fall asleep. He'd heard a number of the duo's exploits, and being the ungrateful lad he was, he typically zoned out during these tales. "Well," Premius began with an air of nostalgia, "it was just twelve years ago. My ammo was nearly depleted, and ol' Carolus and I had holed ourselves up in one of the lower levels. Three enemy soldiers came barging down the stairs, and I only had two shots left! You know your old man, those bullets hit their mark. But there was nothing to be done for the third, and that's when I was shot in the shoulder. Before I could even hit the floor, Knight Pack Version 1.9 fired up, and when Carolus drew his blade I said-" Premius cleared his throat before whooping loudly and crying "-GIVE 'EM HELL CAROLUS. Now see, that was his-"

The tale was interrupted by a tremendous crash. Both Premius and Jericho leapt to their feet, looking to the source of the sound with widened eyes. GE-NEX Carolus 2 had shoved his hand through one of the glass cabinets. He stood there holding an automatic weapon, and a series of whirs and clicks were heard as the model buzzed through calculations. His software wasn't what it once was. The Wardroid lifted its head, droning at a low volume "Beetlejuice." "Carolus?" Premius called cautiously. "You alright there?" The droid twitched, buzzed, hummed and sparked. "BeetleeeEEEEEEEEEP." The pair of humans looked to one another warily. They began to approach, meaning to take the weapon away, but they froze on the spot as the droid's head spun around at a 180° angle to face them. "Today's weather," it began in a flat tone, "is sunny with a cha-chance of brrrrrrrrrrzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt!" Carolus raised its weapon towards the roof, gave a resounding war cry of "BEETLEJUICE!" before pulling the trigger. Premius and Jericho hit the deck as a long round of bullets were fired into the roof, and all the while Carolus' head spun 360°s, one hand holding the trigger as the other waved a feather duster with wild hacking and slashing motions, his robotic voice saying in a high-pitched shrill "Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!"
(If whoever's rolled doesn't suit you, pick at random!)
1- Desecra
2- Jack
3- Sabbath
4- Takurasho

rolled 1d4 and got 2
See above for "your" OC

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Write My Character!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus