Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Tip for smartphone users

Sanne Moderator

If you have a smartphone that allows you to download a new browser, try Opera Mobile.

It's available on Android Market, although I'm unsure about Apple's market and NoviStore though.

Why Opera? Because it's faster and works smoother with the site. Typing in a textbox is no longer an issue for me because, when I tilt the phone to type, the text is displayed in the phone's own text editing screen. I can scroll through the text no matter how long it is. :)

The only downside is that the dropdown menu at the top doesn't function properly. :( It did with the native android browser. I can still click and get to the menus afterwards though, so functionality isn't affected.

Typing in the chat, forum replies and general handling are greatly improved with this browser. It's free to download, so if you visit RPR frequently on your phone and haven't tried it yet, I recommend it!! :)
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I just checked Apple's App Store and there's something called Opera Mini Web Browser. I'll give it a try later on :)

Maybe this will help Foxy too.
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

darth_angelus wrote:
I just checked Apple's App Store and there's something called Opera Mini Web Browser. I'll give it a try later on :)

Maybe this will help Foxy too.

Mini web browser was also in the android market, but it's not the same as what I downloaded. But let me know if it works out for you!

P.S. I can quote posts now too!! XD
Kim Site Admin

Ooh, very cool!

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Tip for smartphone users

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus