Skip to main content

Forums » Help » I feel stupid asking this. (Group options)

Sanne Moderator

And after a year and a half, I think I deserve to be punched for not realizing this sooner, but...

If players and characters are accepted separately in a group, does it mean an IC char can't post in forums labeled OOC, and a member can't post in forums labeled IC unless they have a character accepted?

Because if this is true, then these options are suddenly crystal clear, LOL. I asked Kim several times to explain the difference between 'players with all their chars', 'one char + player' and 'player and chars separate', and it never fully clicked. XD
Kim Site Admin

You pretty much just hit the nail on the head.

One modification though. Characters are allowed to post on OOC forums. This wasn't true when we opened, and in almost all ways I preferred when this separation was enforced. But we ran into cases where people wanted to ask a question or respond to something said about their anonymous characters, and could not do so without revealing their secret identities. Players are still not allowed to post on IC boards, though. (Moderators need to be given an exception to this rule).

So complicated!
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

Maybe this should be in the FAQ with some detailed "What can and can't you do" explanations. :D I'm offering myself if you need someone to write it for you in case you could use a hand.
Kim Site Admin

Groups are going to require a metric crap ton of documentation (and videos). But since they are technically alpha and nearly everything will be overhauled and changed in some way before we get to the end, I would rather not generate help files that are going to be made ever increasingly obsolete and need constant work to not conflict with reality until we're closer to the end. Especially since we're clicking up to the top of another bend in the development rollercoaster. XD
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

I keep forgetting they're not officially done yet. Somehow you managed to make me imagine an RPR-coaster XD
Kim Site Admin

Sanne wrote:
I keep forgetting they're not officially done yet. Somehow you managed to make me imagine an RPR-coaster XD

RPR the theme park: COMING THIS SUMMER!

And you flatter and horrify me. XD I'm glad groups work well enough for them to feel done, but oh my do we have a long way to go and a lot of changes to make. Hopefully all for the better. :)
Darth_Angelus Moderator

RPR theme park?

Count me in ;)

You are on: Forums » Help » I feel stupid asking this. (Group options)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus