Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Quote multiple posts at once

Sanne Moderator

Ever had a topic flooded with responses that you all want to reply to? Quoting is very easy so that everyone can follow what you're talking about/replying to, but doing so to multiple posts is tedious copy/paste work, or clicking the REPLY button on every post. It also has the potential for 'spam' when you end up making 5 replies in 5 different posts because it's easier that way.

I'd like to see an option where, at the top or bottom of the post, you click "Reply to multiple", making every post checkable/selectable, and when you're done checking or selecting you click on "Done" and it lists every post, as a quote, in a single textbox.

Or maybe have the post check/selectable all the time when just reading a topic, and then at the top/bottom there's the "Reply to all" button.

What do you think? Would you guys like to see this feature? Is this possible without being TOO much work, Kim? :) Or maybe you guys would like to see a different setup?
Kim Site Admin

Not really, no. This would be a TON of programming work to save a very small amount of time. I'm gonna spend my time on other things, sorry. :)
Copy-pasting isn't such a terrible trouble, and you could just do what I do; summarize it and put the person's name in bold when you address what they said. For instance:

Also, Sanne, about what you said for the quoting of multiple posts...(etcetc)

Like that :)
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

Kim wrote:
Not really, no. This would be a TON of programming work to save a very small amount of time. I am going to spend my time on other things.

That's a bummer. :( I wasn't sure what kind of code would be required to make it work, but if it's that troublesome please do focus on other features. <3
CelestinaGrey wrote:
Copy-pasting isn't such a terrible trouble, and you could just do what I do; summarize it and put the person's name in bold when you address what they said. For instance:

Also, Sanne, about what you said for the quoting of multiple posts...(etcetc)

Like that :)

I really prefer to include a quote of the post in my reply, mostly for convenience sake when there are many replies and so it's easier to see what exactly is being replied to. This suggestion mainly stems from the fact it's a serious pain in the butt to copy/paste multiple quotes on my netbook. It's no biggy on my desktop, but a netbook's no joyride with it. :P

In any case, Kim said it's too much trouble for the small boost, so I'll have to stick to copy pasting. ;)
I'm about to get off-topic here, so I'll drop you a message, Sanne :x

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Quote multiple posts at once

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus