Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Deleting a char on the Dashboard?

Somehow I thought there was a redx.gif beside the pencil.gif on the summary
of your rp-characters (Dashboard).

Maybe I suffer from sudden brain-loss ...
But I can't find out how to delete a character of mine.

But that may be, because I am at work and rather tired at that time of the day.

Nontheless a x beside the pencil.gif in the character-summary would be sweet.
Kim Site Admin

There used to be. It was taken off and will not be coming back -- people clicked it by accident, and even with the confirmation screen there, not realizing they had clicked delete would sometimes not read the text and just confirm unthinkingly and lose hours of work.

More than that, people complained that having the X so close to the pencil on their beloved characters made them tense every single time they were on their dashboard, afraid that they would accidentally click it and somehow fail to click no when it tried to confirm.

To prevent people from losing, or being nervous about losing, all the work they put into their profiles, the delete button was moved out of the way, so you actually have to purposely set out to find and click it. It's on the bottom right of the character management screen (the first one after clicking the pencil) if you're looking for it. :) It does take an extra second or two to get to, but that's the point. I've had no reports of accidentally deleted characters since the change months ago.
Jane Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
There used to be. It was taken off and will not be coming back -- people clicked it by accident, and even with the confirmation screen there, not realizing they had clicked delete would sometimes not read the text and just confirm unthinkingly and lose hours of work.

More than that, people complained that having the X so close to the pencil on their beloved characters made them tense every single time they were on their dashboard, afraid that they would accidentally click it and somehow fail to click no when it tried to confirm.

To prevent people from losing, or being nervous about losing, all the work they put into their profiles, the delete button was moved out of the way, so you actually have to purposely set out to find and click it. It's on the bottom right of the character management screen (the first one after clicking the pencil) if you're looking for it. :) It does take an extra second or two to get to, but that's the point.

lol, thank you.
Make it a few more seconds :)

Actually I finally managed it.
He's dead, Jim.

I always clicked the char desperately, then hit 'edit char' and searched.
Not wonder I didn't find it.
Kim Site Admin

MissMonster wrote:
lol, thank you.
Make it a few more seconds :)

Yeah, if you can't find it it definitely adds some extra time. XD

I totally even made a video about it: http://www.rprepository.com/help/faq#93
Jane Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
MissMonster wrote:
lol, thank you.
Make it a few more seconds

Actually I finally managed it.
He's dead, Jim.

I always clicked the char desperately, then hit 'edit char' and searched.
Not wonder I didn't find it.
Kim wrote:

Yeah, if you can't find it it definitely adds some extra time. XD

I totally even made a video about it: http://www.rprepository.com/help/faq#93

rofl

You know "Do you want to install Adobe Flash ...."
*laughs* I never deleted a char on accident, but it took me many minutes of my life to find the x.
Well thank you <3 *smoochies*

Finally it helped me to stay awake - I just have 8 minutes at work to go through ;)
Makes a neat mini-game ;)
Sanne Moderator

Your Characters [ Add A Character ] [ Delete A Character ]

No accidental deletes but it does explain how to get there more easily. ;) Maybe that's an idea?
Jane Topic Starter

Sanne wrote:
Your Characters [ Add A Character ] [ Delete A Character ]

No accidental deletes but it does explain how to get there more easily. ;) Maybe that's an idea?

But if ppl click the x instead of the pencil and even comfirm the "exodus" of the char a second time - you sure they won't mix DELETE and ADD ...

Maybe "Standalone" textfield with:

Do you want to delete any char of yours? Select.
But I guess that would just be too much work.
Atleast after spending a few more minutes looking for the x - im sure i will never ever forget where it was hidden ;) *runs home* see you laters <3

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Deleting a char on the Dashboard?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus