Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Background image for profiles

Sanne Moderator

The profile looks a little bit empty at the moment with just one background color and an activity background... It's not on the epic dev list so I figured I'd throw it out here :)
Kim Site Admin

I do not plan to add backgrounds to the current color picker for user profiles, given the way that user profiles are structured. Images in the background have an extremely high probability of interfering with reading text, unless they are super super super subtle.

One day when I get around to letting people write their own CSS for it, you may do as you please. :)
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

Kim wrote:
I do not plan to add backgrounds to the current color picker for user profiles, given the way that user profiles are structured. Images in the background have an extremely high probability of interfering with reading text, unless they are super super super subtle.

One day when I get around to letting people write their own CSS for it, you may do as you please. :)

BUT I WANT TO BUTCHER MY PROFIIIILLLEEE!! *flails around*

I kid, I'll look forward to CSSing the crap out of my profile when that comes in! :D
I have a little question that is kind of in relation to this topic.

I've seen people with pictures of their characters put up on their profiles without a gallery widget, and it just is there as if it was part of the profile itself. How does one do that? Is it bothersome CSSing or is it actually not that hard?
Dragonfire Moderator

I think that's just using some BBCode, Celestina. Voila!
Kim Site Admin

Yup, Dragonfire has the right of it. :) That trick is just BBCode and is open to all members.
Ilmarinen Moderator

The trick is that the images are hosted off-site, like on tinypic or imageshack! ;)
Yes, it is the BBCode like in my profile (http://www.rprepository.com/c/dagger)
You have a simple Text-Widget, and use a gif with transparent background.
To make it fit, you can also use the align command -> http://www.rprepository.com/help/bbcode
If you have questions, feel free to poke me.
Thanks! You guys are the best :)

EDIT: This being found out...is there anyone who could be able to take a few images and make the background transparent for me? I only have Corel Painter Essentials for, and, of course, (since Corel really really sucks) I can't make a background transparent with it. *sigh*

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Background image for profiles

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus