Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Firefly RP

Kastien MacDuff (played by Pineapple)

Tien turned on the comm to the engine room. "Emmy you in there?" Tien glanced at the screens, the reaver ship wasn't following. For a split second she grew hopeful, but then it struck her, why? In all accounts she had ever heard of them; reavers didnt stop until their prey was completely unreachable. The further the got away from the ground Tien grew nervous, as she reached the clouds she found out why. A second reaver ship had been lurking in the cover of clouds. "Go shi!" Tien let out a curse as the ships smeared with red paint, and decorated with skeletons of their fallen prey came into view.

Smacking the comm on she made an announcement, "There's another one hiding in the sky. The captain might wanna get his arse up here. The rest of you might wanna hold on to something."

Making the ship bank sharply to the left, Tien barely avoided the other ship. Then she kicked it into full burn, like Tyler had previously instructed. As she steered the ship she muttered to herself in both English and Chinese. "I really hope they don't have a grappler." Was the most constant thing she muttered.
Ember MacDuff (played by CapnBekah_TightPants)

Ember looked up when she heard her sister's voice ring through the comm system. She pushed herself up from her hiding spot on the floor, walked to the comm box and replied to Tien; "What do you need me to do?" The girls had been brought up around ships, so they knew how to work together in their respective locations.

As Emmy waited for her sister's request, she looked around the engine room and sighed heavily. Whoever had been in charge of this room needed a serious tongue lashing because it was a messy. Tools had been left on the floor and dirty rags left in places she didn't even want to think about. Ember growled loudly to herself and started to clean the room; she needed to keep her mind off the attack and any danger that might be following and this was the best way to do that.
Tyler Coolidge (played by JayBird)

Captain Coolidge was indeed in pain, but when the other man questioned him, Ty looked up with clear eyes. "Yeah, I a-"
The announcement over the intercom interrupted Tyler's reply, causing him to look up at the nearest speaker, his face once again melting into a expression of mixed terrors. Blinking once, Coolie shoved the anti-ship gun towards the other male, even as he started sprinting for the bridge. As he ran, Ty tossed a recommendation over his shoulder. "There's only four shots!"

Having knocked into several things while he was sprinting, Tyler barreled into the bridge and took a quick look before dropping himself into the co-pilot's seat, his peanut butter colored eyes scanning over the instruments a moment. "Tuī wǒ de pìgu chōngmǎn qìqiú..."
Looking over to the blonde, Ty had a second as he registered that she was the one he told to get the engine going before reality snapped back in. "How are we doing?"
Victor Conrad (played by durgan) Topic Starter

The intercom rang out, the captain stopped in his tracks and now looked worse then he had a moment before. Victor took the launcher and looked at the big, bulky, and unwieldy weapon, “What do I do with this!”

Victor was ignored as the captain ran towards the bridge bouncing off a number of things, a feeling of gloom fill Victor. Placing the weapon down on the floor Victor headed over to the hatch, climbing the ladder he made sure to firmly secure the hatch.

“No way I'm hanging my head out there,” Victor laughed as he talked to himself alone in the galley.

Victor made his way down to the cargo hold to check on the refugees, as he had thought the panic level was still rising.

“Listen up!” Victor yelled as loud as he could to be heard, “Everyone take a seat and brace yourselves, you need to calm down.” The people responded to his commanding tone of voice.

Everyone began finding places to sit and secure themselves for what was likely to be a hectic ride ahead of them. Looking down Victor still couldn't see the young blonde girl that had saved him and was curious as to were she had ran off to, but now wasn't the time for a cat and mouse game.

When her sister voice crackled out over the comm Tien quickly replied, "Not a ruttin' clue, just need to know it's you in there and not some gorram fool." The blond woman gripped the wheel tight, white knuckling it while she tried to out maneuver the airborne reaver ship, praying the other stayed grounded. When Tyler found his way to the co-piolt's chair Tien didn't even glance at him she kept her eyes locked on the sky and screens before her. "Don't think balloons will help at the moment, and it could be a mite bit painful for you." The cheeky remark passed her lips before she had even really considered the words or their consequences. "I think I can out maneuver them if its just one..." Tien answered his question with confident words however her voice sounded uncharacteristically nervous. It was her first brush with reavers, so she had no idea what she was really up against, "Im open to suggestions, any suggestions."
Ember MacDuff (played by CapnBekah_TightPants)

Ember had to chuckle when her sister admitted that she wanted Emmy in the engine room and not some idiot. The younger sister thought for a minute, wondering what they could do. The girls knew a lot about ships, but they didn't know every bug in the system of this particular Firefly. Ember looked over the engine and smiled to herself, "If the captain is with you, ask him how he feels about an Ivan. It should us enough of a fighting chance." She knew that it was a long shot, but most Reaver ships were too big to pull off the stunt.
Tyler Coolidge (played by JayBird)

Tyler's face paled slightly as he heard the tension in the pilot's voice, then the response from who he assumed was the fluffy-headed girl. "Gorram it, you're going to break my ship!"
Sighing, the captain checked the instruments for a moment before giving his consent. "Do it. I hope you know what you're doing."
Grabbing the mic for the ship-wide intercom, Ty keyed the button and spoke as calmly as he was able to the crowd in the cargo hold. "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome aboard the Viator. I ask that you either strap in or lay down on the floor of the hold and hold tight to each other, as we are about to rapidly confuse your three dimensional space."
Following his own advice, Coolidge buckled himself into the seat and readied his hands over the controls to help where he thought he might be needed.

"Your ship will be perfectly shiny Captain." Tien said before glancing to a monitor, and slapped the comm for the engine room. "That's a good idea Emmy but we're already goin' full burn ship can't do it, plus I told the Captian we'd keep her fancible. We just gotta break atmo before they get themselves turned about." She released the button for the comm, so only Tyler would hear her next words, "And hope it ain't a party of three."

Just seconds before they broke through the atmosphere, the second reaver ship got turned around but it was too late for them to catch up to the Viator. Quickly Tien checked all the monitors for signs of another reaver ship. "We're Clear." She sounded releaved and her shoulders relaxed, but her heart still thundered in her chest. She made a silent wish that she never wittness anything like that again, and that she never encounter another reaver. "Where do you wanna go?" Tien ran a hand through her short blonde hair, and sighed softly figuring she could set the ship on to the right path.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Firefly RP

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus