Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Camping, marshmallows [Closed!] (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Violette Moore (played by Cacophony)

Edit: We've got more than enough people with The Crow Witch, Dhoruba, Holly, whoever Mystery player 1 is chosing and MelTheObserver :3

mo30ykwxzxa___copy_by_mishigu-d87c9gh.jpg Violette Moore
1hr
Seriously, I am dying to go camping. Anyone up for it? Two weeks, I'll bring the tents and s'mores fixings and someone else brings the booze. Let's get back to nature and relax!
Like Comment

I am looking to play a horror based game set in the forest with a small group of characters (3-7) with a small group of players (2-4). I have several requirements that you should look through before you read more about what the game is like. I also have two people interested in this game, so I should only be picking one player.

Requirements
  1. 18+ only. This is not for sexual content, but instead for the sake of violence. Though I am not opposed to romance, I would not be comfortable with open sexual RP.
  2. A general interest in the horror genre
  3. Literacy and grammar are very important to me. There is a reason most browsers come with spell check. I don't care if you can't use a semi-colon properly, but honestly, don't use anything you don't know how to use. If you don't know how periods or quotation marks work, though, we're not going to mesh.
  4. Be patient. Myself and the two friends who are already interested are the kind of people who play hard at first and then tend to taper off. Sometimes this means not getting a reply for a short while. Be patient and willing to give us a poke, but don't PM us every ten minutes until we hate you.
  5. Be flexible with post length. Sometimes I post a paragraph, sometimes I post a sentence, other times I can write 2-3 pages worth of stuff, but honestly I don't want to read six paragraphs of description when there is dialogue going on.
  6. No god modding. I don't think this needs to be said, but I'm saying it anyway.
  7. Have some vague knowledge of camping. Even if it's just "Don't put the tent in the fire." The characters are going to be camping in the woods, so it is very important they don't put the tent in the fire.
  8. Be ready to have fun.

So, if you fit in with all of those, let's get on with the setting idea.

The woods are a scary place and there are things in there we don't always see. Sometimes, they want to be seen.
Violette is growing tired of her high-stakes, high-stress life and she wants to go back to something she knew and loved in her childhood: camping. She knows just the spot. It's where her parents took her right up until the summer she turned eleven. She had pitched a fit the summer before and her parents didn't take her back.

It's a little place, out of the way. Her parents own a cabin up there still, on a tiny lake. The cabin is the only one for miles. Violette plans on taking a few tents up, camping by the lake and using the cabin for storage and maybe a friend or two who would rather sleep on dusty old beds than the ground. Oh, and the toilet, which she's told still works.

There is only one problem. The real reason they stopped going up there was that there was something off in the area. Her mother refused to return, citing no good reason to placate her father's curiosity. He never saw anything, but the mere mention of the cabin makes her face turn deathly white.

Her father didn't think to tell Violette before he gave her the keys and made sure there would be no renters up there when his daughter was planning on going.

Can she and her friends make it through their long weekend?
Holly (played anonymously)

290zx4y.png Holly Kipperman Heyyy Meg, or Vi now I guess lol.
I can take time off of work. I'm definitely down for this. Um if
we don't drink alcohol do we have to bring our own water or?
It's been years, glad you're finally giving us "bumpkins" a visit.
I'll bring my camera just like old times!
2 mins · Like

How can we do horror without sex? We won't know who dies first if nobody loses their virginity.
(jkjk)
Pick me!
Violette Moore (played by Cacophony) Topic Starter

Sure! You have a character ready to go? I'm going to send something out tonight if possible, but I can wait for you... or you couldon't make a late enrage?
Dhoruba (played by Libertine)

Soccer-Ball-icon.png Dhoruba Okoro cool.
Just now · Like
Violette Moore wrote:
Sure! You have a character ready to go? I'm going to send something out tonight if possible, but I can wait for you... or you couldon't make a late enrage?

Not yet! I'll have a look at my characters and reply with any I feel may fit the scene :D.
MelTheObserver

Am I too late to join?
Wuya Cheung (played anonymously)

crow_icon_by_madratbird-d87ocv1.png Wuya Cheung Count me in! I am not so big on booze, but I will try to see what I can scrounge up. I think extra marshmallows are in order! Lol.
Like · Reply 4 mins

MelTheObserver wrote:
Am I too late to join?

Which character did you want to use? I'm hoping to get something started tonight, but if you don't see this tonight I'll start it tomorrow.

Also, I am safe to assume The Crow Witch will be a little less witch?

BTW, Holly and Dhoruba are going to be friends of Violette's before she was Vi, whoever Mystery Player 1 is choosing will be a random facebook friend who is awkward and decides to join the party. Whatever works best for you two will be good for character connections. I'm so excited!

Violette Moore wrote:
Also, I am safe to assume The Crow Witch will be a little less witch?

BTW, Holly and Dhoruba are going to be friends of Violette's before she was Vi, whoever Mystery Player 1 is choosing will be a random facebook friend who is awkward and decides to join the party. Whatever works best for you two will be good for character connections. I'm so excited!

Of course! That's mainly for fantasy RPs. She just seemed like a super easy character to transition from fantasy to modern. :3.

OH derp also she wasn't really a witch even in fantasy settings ;v; it's just a dumb lil title haha.
Billay Blow (played by MelTheObserver)

--How about Billay?--

Sounds good to me. Do you want to make up a connection for the two of them?
Holly (played anonymously)

I'll post last.
Dhoruba (played by Libertine)

Are we going to do this in an order (Violette, Dhoruba, Crow, Nathalie, Billay, Holly) after intro posts, or should we drop the order once everyone's in?

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Camping, marshmallows [Closed!] (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus