Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » AHHH! Okay, need help

soo my son decided to play Picasso and get into my paints when i was in the washroom. now there's black acrylic paint on (band new when we moved in) beige carpets. I've got most of it out but it's still highly noticeable. . .any suggestions. *faceplams* I am so dead

Seee am so dead

carpet001.jpg
Kim Site Admin

You have two options that I know of... Try acrylic brush cleaner solution mixed half and half with water. Dab it on, then keep dabbing with new sections of towel so you are only lifting paint off, not spreading old paint on.

You can also try letting it dry and then scraping it off with a blade, but I dunno how delicate your carpets are.

I've never had this issue before though, this is just what I remember hearing from others.
Kim Site Admin

Here's an article I found about it: http://www.ehow.com/how_4542556_acrylic-paint-out-carpeting-free.html

Hope that helps!
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I used acrylic paint for my Shepard costume and found it becomes flaky and just falls off in places where it gets touched a lot (like where the belt rubs against it). Not sure if that's helpful though, since it might interact with carpet differently. Seemed worth mentioning, probably best to follow Kim's links first.
Pineapple Topic Starter

heh, read the link and Will follow. My mother in law has this carpet stain remover so I'll pick up some of the fluid tonight when I'm out n about. and hopefully that takes care of it, or at least makes it not so uhh in your face noticeable.

thanks guys
Sanne Moderator

Rugs. *thumbs up*
I told her she should have asked me before trying to clean it. :p *Noone thinks to ask the Lorv.*
Pineapple Topic Starter

Sanne wrote:
Rugs. *thumbs up*

hahah yes this might be the temporary solution. . .-_-'

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » AHHH! Okay, need help

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus