Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trip into the Multiverse 1x1

Matthieu Vega (played by f0x1nth3b0x) Topic Starter

"Ah, Greek mythology: The River Styx, also known as the River of Hate, located at the cusp of Hades, or Dis, or Hell; all depending. The ferrymen would take the souls across to the levels beyond. He was Charon, I believe? I loved to read about that stuff, you know. It's all true too; and did you know the river Styx circles through Hades nine times and..."

He looked at Lucia and his dark cheeks flushed. "Sorry, I know I can carry on sometimes..." He looked sheepishly at his feet.
Lucia waved offhandedly.

"Please, it's ok. I've met some that are much much more long winded."

Then he thought for a moment.

"Well... It may be different. I mean, in his realm the Deities are more of a job system. He's the 13th Charon, I've met the 5th Grim Reaper, and I think that Santa Clause is like 243rd or something."

Matthieu lit up. "You don't say? I'm looking for a Reaper! But there are dozens of them; its a job class for sure. She's the one that came to collect my soul when I was---" He cut himself off, clamping his jaw shut. "Nevermind that, I shouldn't have said that. Anyway; the Hell I know is similar, but there isn't only one Reaper whose powers get handed down. It's like a whole school of them. It's a really cool cast system from what I've learned from Alli---I mean books."

He looked straight up to see how close they were; still a ways away. It was almost impossible to tell where the roof was in relation to yourself. It was part of the magic.
"Really? Hm, well I know Mora has her little brother to help with Reaping... I never thought about her doing all the work herself."

Lucia caught the couple hints that Matt had dropped, but didn't persue them. The guy didn't want to talk, why force it?

His mouth worked as if he was going to say more and he stopped himself. "Perhaps there are more than one realm of the Dead. I had never really thought of the possibility." He frowned at this, thinking perhaps they would not be able to get to the correct one this time.

Looking upward, he found they were markedly closed to the top. "Ah, nearly there."
"Anything's possible..." He said, more to himself than to Matt.

"I just tend to forget from time to time..."

"Right," he answered, but he was honestly too preoccupied with watching the ceiling growing closer and closer. "This might be a bad time to tell you this, but if Corwin doesn't decided to let us into his office, we'll likely be smashed on the ceiling..."

His eyes were stilled transfixed above them.
"wouldn't be the first time it happened to me, so no worries."

Lucia was however on guard. He shadow would shift without light, almost like a nervous wolf.

"It would be a first for me.. And I do not want it to happen, really. I'm a fan of firsts but...." He shrugged as if weighing his options. "We will know soon enough."

The disc took them higher and closer to the ceiling.
Lucia waited, hands in pockets. Now seemed a good time to be silent and see what happened next.

"Right, here we go." He ducked his head as they neared the ceiling inescapably. He almost crouched as the sapce where his head was started to meet the hard ceiling, but he relaxed when he found the ceiling was not so hard after all and he was shifting through it. It almost felt like being pushed through gelatin and soon they were standing in a very short hallways with giant ornate doors at the end.

"We're alive." His face split in a smile. "Excellant," and he walked off the disc.
Lucia blinked and looked at him.

"Wait... we could have died?"

Powers and shields aside, if he didn't comprehend the danger, he couldn't protect himself. The young man glanced around, frowning.

"Well, when the Tower Master doesn't allow you access to his office, you run the risk of the disc crushing you into the ceiling. And most times... when you're crushed.. You die."

He had reached the door; it was large and made of dark brown wood with two iron circles as handles. "Right?" He pulled on the iron and let it drop several times to knock.
"Right..."

The man looked at him warily for a bit, then shrugged. At least now his gaurd was up, if anything did happen he could get out of the way quickly.

Matt seemed to about to say something when the door eerily open of it's own accord. Corwin must have “heard” them coming. One could not simply enter the top room by choice, they had to be invited. He walked into the room full of books and mage-like things; too much for him to take in because every time he tried to focus on something, he was distracted by something else. And then Corwin spoke, presumably from behind the desk.

"Don't touch anything this time, Mr. Vega." He sat up from whatever he had been doing and offered a snaky grin. He was tall and leanly muscled with messy hair and sharp face. His nose could be described as hawk like and his cheek bones were high, but he had jovial eyes and a lightly mocking, yet sweet grin. This was Corwin, the Tower’s Master. All who passed through his portals knew him, and he knew them. Or else they would not be allowed in this place.

Matt offered a greeting and appologized for whatever had happened last time that he would need to be given such a warning. The Tower Master waved it off and got to his feet. "Now who is this?" he asked as he left the desk; one might immediately notice he had an odd gait. They realized why when the man left the cover of the wooden piece of furniture: His entire left leg was bound by black belts. He could articulate his joints, but the motion was still off somehow.
"A Traveler." Lucia said, before giving a small bow then offering his hand.

"Lucia VanDrayle. I Sort of fell through one of the portals here by mistake.'

Corwin gave Lucia a look as if he was peering through his soul and reading at the same time. When he seemed to be done, he walked toward the traveler. His gait was something between a the limp a man with a cane might have and the step a man with a wooden leg would take. It was odd, but functional.

He took Lucia's hand and shook it once, firmly. "What can I do for you, Traveler?" His eyes were light with a mischievous glint.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trip into the Multiverse 1x1

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus