Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » inFAMOUS: Survivor's Guilt (PM to Join)

Other Characters (played anonymously)

Narrator

It is America's darkest hour, as two major threats loom over it. First there is the Plague, a nation wide epidemic that in the past few months alone has claimed the lives of millions. Then there is the Beast, a monster of immense power who, after the "Empire Event" has been destroying cities all across the coast, the military having no way of stopping him. However, this rampage has a purpose, with the destruction of cities and the deaths of thousands, came the birth of Conduits, humans with incredible powers that were completely immune to the Plague. With no known cure for the disease, the Beast seems to be the only way that anyone could survive, but humanity is not going down without a fight.

Now, Cole MacGrath, the Demon of Empire City, has taken up this mission, ruthlessly killing thousands of innocents in order to give rise to new Conduits. Many of these Conduits see Cole as their savior and serve him to forward his plan, but others are bitter and angry at their loved ones being sacrificed for such a selfish cause. A Conduit Resistance is forming, willing to do whatever it takes to make sure that the Beast's Army is stopped and Cole pays for what he did, it won't be easy, but they have to try.
Co... Cole, are you ok?

Ugh... yeah, I'm fine... don't worry about me, search for survivors... for new Conduits

Nick groaned as he slowly opened his eyes, his vision was incredibly blurry but cleared soon enough. It took him a moment to realize that he was lying face first on the ground and struggled to get himself back on his feet. His body was aching all over, he felt like he was hit by a truck, and may as well have been, he couldn't really remember what had happened to him exactly, and that made the sight before him that much more devastating. Everything around him was reduced to rubble, buildings collapsing, roads and streets cracked and contorted, and everything flammable was set on fire.

"My god... oh my god, what happened?" Nick was horrified, he tried his best to piece together what had happened before he lost consciousness, but just couldn't for life of him remember. Just then, in the distance he heard the sound of a building collapsing, he turned his head to try and focus on it, and just as he did the sound became incredibly loud, as if the building was collapsing all around him. He jumped back in surprise and covered himself with is arms for protection assuming something was actually falling close to him, but no, he was in fact just hearing the sound of the building falling a couple blocks away from him. "What the..." He couldn't finish his thought before he heard the explosion of a car three blocks away in his head, then the sound of emergency sirens presumably from ambulances. Every little sound that was happening around him seemed to amplify a thousand times over, as if he were hearing it through a bull horn right next to his face. Nick fell to his knees, unable to bare it anymore. "Stop, please... somebody, MAKE IT STO...!!" Suddenly, nothing, it had indeed stopped, completely. He couldn't hear anything anymore, not even the sound of his own voice. 'W-what's happening to me?" He thought to himself. He took another look at his surroundings and spotted two men, both healthy and unharmed, moving toward him. They seemed to be saying something, but he couldn't hear them at the moment. Nick concentrated on the speaking man and eventually his hearing came back to him.

"Kid, hey kid, you ok?" He asked as they approached, Nick was about to respond when suddenly the wind picked up and he looked above them to see an armed helicopter hovering over them. "Well, looks like the cavalry's here." The man said as his hands began to glow, along with his friend's. The chopper shot a missile at them, narrowly missing, and one of the men retaliated with what seemed to be a blast of concrete, hitting the chopper and sending it spiraling to the ground. Nick fell over from the impact, he was beyond terrified, he had no idea what was going, all he knew was that those men were dangerous and so he got up and ran for it. "Wait, come back." He said but was interrupted by two more choppers confronting them. Nick used the distraction to keep on running, despite his body aching he was running at a fairly regular pace, it was strange, about as strange as everything else that was happening to him. He just kept running, hoping to somehow find some answers.
Sylvester Fox (played by Ambrosia)

A moment ago, Sly was at his desk, a spark of light int he distance made him curious so he approached his office window. An orb of light washed over him, it felt like he was being crushed from all direction. when he awoke he found himself alone, the office was in ruins and his clothes were barely rags. Sly stood up onto his feet groggy and disoriented. Taking a moment to compose himself.

He looked around at the ruined office he worked in, his life was miserable and now, well he felt powerful. He placed his hand on a broken desk and froze it in place. His eyes widened at the powers he held, looking between both his hands with a puzzled/happy expression.

He WAS happy until some guys came in a pointed guns at him...

In the collapsing building now

"Cmon guys, you don't want this, i know i don't" Sly said baking away from the armed conduits "We're the same, this is stupid" Sly raised his hands up, making them think he surrendered. He slowly approached the edge of the office floor, in front of the window.
"You're coming with us" said one of the guys, unsheathing an electrical baton and approaching Sly cautiously.
"If only we could've been friends boys, I'll catch you around" He said with a wink.

Sly froze the approaching foe, causing the others to shoot at him. He leapt backwards through the window, shooting a ice at one of the building's damaged beams. on impact, the beam snapped along with all the others, they were about to topple already, the ice shot he fired just sped up the process.

As the Enemies fell with the building, the shot all over the place, one bullet found it's mark, hitting Sly straight in the liver. the bullet winded him and caused his mind to blackout for a few seconds. He began to fall, impaling himself on a beam in front of Nick. Sly Screamed, coughing blood. The conduits had a passive ability, to soak in more damage than regular humans but without some form of help, Sly was in trouble
Freak-Weed (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T)

Evan soon came to. He looked around the rubble of the city. "The hell happened?"He groaned sitting up and rubbing his head. He couldn't remember what happened. He sat up, soon noticing something off. His skin was green. What the hell?"He asked himself inspetcing his body, soon notcing some other things were off. He seemed to lose a finger, with his still present fingers thickening, elongating, and ending in points. He also seemed to have small spikes covering his entire body. His clothes were torn up, mostly due to his spikes, but what ever happened resulting in the destruction of the city certainly tore up most of his clothes.

He managed to get to his feet, despite the intense pain he felt through out his body. He looked around before eventually deciding that leaving would be a very good idea.
Nick was astounded, he had been running as fast as he could for a while now and he still wasn't tired! He was never very athletic, so this was quite the feat for him. He tried to drown out the sound of the collapsing building to his right, but just as he was about to disregard the event, he heard shots being fired and suddenly a man fell in front of him, impaling himself on an exposed beam right in front of him.

"Gah, oh, oh my god!" Nick exclaimed as he watched the man cough out blood, trying his best to keep the beam from going any further into his body. "Ah... are you ok sir?" That was an incredibly stupid question. Just then, Nick noticed some of the Conduits raising from the rubble of the collapse building, aiming their guns at him and throwing the occasional Power Shot at them. Nick took cover behind an abandoned car, he could hear every bullet make contact with the car or the ground, and knew exactly where, but that didn't help him very much. "Aww man, this isn't good, what am I gonna do?" Nick inquired to himself, but all he could do was listen as the shots were fired. Just then, as he was focusing on the gunfire, thinking of what he could do to protect himself, he felt his hands and arms begin to vibrate, so he looked down and saw that they were indeed vibrating, with glowing blue circles pulsating up and down his arm. "...no way." he didn't have to think about it, he heard the assailants getting closer, so he stood up, poked his and arm over the car, aimed, and fired. Out of his hand came a projectile of what seemed to be vibrating air, with three blue rings encircling it. The Audio Bullet hit one of the assailants in his chest, the force stopping him from firing.

"Whoa, it worked." Nick said in astonishment. He refocused on the approaching Conduits, firing Audio Bullets at each on individually until they fell to the ground. It took about three to four shots to take one of them down, it took a while, but he eventually cleared them all out. He let out a sigh of relief. "Woo, that was close." He turned his attention back to the injured man, he walked over and grabbed him the waist and shoulders. "Ok, uh, hang on man, this going to hurt like a bitch" He warned. "Ok, on the count of three... one... two... three!" He pulled Sly off of the beam, Sly screaming in agony the whole time, but he eventually got him off. "See, that wasn't so bad... sort of. Ok, come on, we gotta get you somewhere safe." He put Sly's arm over his shoulder and helped him to his feet, the two began to walk down the road when they heard the sound of rubble clearing. Behind them they saw some concrete conduits emerge the rubble, taking their aim at them. "Oh come on, these guys just keep on coming."

Whilst still impaled, Sly weakly looked at the man stood before him *Cough* "Hello..." Sly was being Sly... at the worst possible time... ever.

He kept himself from sliding down the beam further, Yelling in pain as Whenever he did. His grip was surprisingly tight. Sly looked at the men rising up from the rubble. Their guns pointed at his new found friend and him. He extended his hand out towards them to plead "Pl-please, stop.. i-i haven't done a-anything wrong" but the concrete conduits didn't care. He noticed the air around his hands turned blue and the dust in the air around them turned to ice. He would be confused as to how but he was impaled... so.

As soon as Nick shot an audio bullet, Sly caught on and focused, ice shot from his hand. With one hand on the beam and another painfully extended out to their attackers he helped fight back, freezing 3 of his foes after 3 shots each.

"Alr-ight, go" Sly said at first gritting his teeth. As Nick raised him off the beam Sly let out a yell of pain, Tears streaming down his temples off the back of his head.

As Sly stood up right, the hole in his stomach was filled out with blood red ice. "Not so b-bad? Let me st-stab you... With a metal rod" Sly just being Sly... Never a dull moment. He nodded at Nick's great idea "Safety never crossed my mind but, yea, let's do that!" Sly said sarcastically as he limped with the help of Nick. They were fast, even for limping speed.

Sly spotted the more enemies raise from the debris, he fired ice at the, as they got away "Set me down by that car, we can hold them off there" He said pointing at an abandoned car. As Nick set him down he placed an arm over the wound. It was filled out by blood red ice but he could feel it inside the ice... something was happening.

He leaned over the car hood and weakly shot ice at his foes, freezing some of them up in place and shattering them with a 4th shot.

By now Evan had managed to get over the pain his body was feeling. He sat on a piece of rubble experimenting with his spikes. He could have them completely retract into his arm, poke out as just pointed spikes, or he could have them grow out into sharp blade-like spines. He even figured out her could launch them off his body with a similar speed to an arrow.

Eventually the sound of a building falling, and soon followed by gun shots caught his attention. He got up and left, heading towards where the sound came from. After a while he came across Nick, Sly, and the other Conduits. "The hell's going on here?"Evan asked himself.
The two Conduits had a rhythm going, Sly would incapacitate them with some Ice Shots and Nick would take them out with a couple of Audio Bullets, he tried to avoid actually killing their attackers as much as he could, but sometimes, mercy wasn't an option. As their numbers began to dwindle they finally noticed Evan, and began shooting at him as well.

"Hey man, come on, take cover with us!" Nick offered, an enemy of an enemy is a friend after all. Even dived down behind the car with them, giving Nick his first good look at the guy. He looked looked incredibly strange, but after everything else that's happened today, he was barely shaken by it at all. Nick looked back at Sly, specifically his wound, the bleeding had slowed down, but it would never heal properly in combat like this. "Look dude, we need to get this guy to safety so he can heal properly, I can hear some ambulances a couple blocks from her but we can't get over to them with these jerks firing at us. Please tell me those spikes aren't just for show."

Evan nodded. "Yeah, they aren't."He said, he glanced over the car, lookign for any plants near the men. He growled when he couldn't find any. He ducked behind the car, with several large spines growing from his hands and fore arms. He poked his head out, lying his arms flat against the car's hood and launching a barrage of the spikes at the men that were shooting at him and the people he'd just met.
"Good, keep up that cover fire, come on guy, let's get a move on." Nick said as he helped Sly to his feet. With Evan keeping the Conduits preoccupied, they were able to safely limp over to another cover spot. "Alright, come over here, I'll cover you!" Nick instructed as he began shooting at the conduits with Audio Bullets. Evan made his way over to the next cover spot where he retook his position as the cover fire for Nick and Sly to keep on limping. They continued this cycle until the wave of conduit attackers were finally all taken out.

"*sigh* finally, now lets get going before any more show up." Nick said with relief. "Uh, thanks for the help back there man, I'm Nick by the way, Nick Kell."

"No problem. Name's Evan."Evan introduced. "You have any idea what's going on? What happened to the city or how we have these powers?"Evan asked.
"No, not really, I remember waking up this morning... I think I had something important to do today, but I just can't remember." Nick was getting frustrated, everything from when he left his dorm to when he woke up was a complete blur. However, he did remember one thing. "Wait, didn't something like this happen on the news, apparently some... creature was attacking cities on the coast, maybe that has something do with it." He suggested. "I don't really know much about it myself, since I don't really watch the news, what about you guys, do you know anything about it?"

Evan thought for a moment. "Yeah... Yeah I think I did see something like that on the news..."He said. "And wasn't there some kind of explosion in Empire City right?"Evan asked. "Maybe the two are connected or something?"Evan suggested

Sly sat up, wincing at every movement, his body was still in pain from being skewered on a beam "Name's Slyvester, Sly for short" he placed his hands over his wound trying to bare the pain.

"I heard about those attacks, some guy named Cole something. Apparently he's helping the monster but, that's what I've heard, don't these powers make us one of the freaks?" he said, demonstrating his powers by conjuring snowflakes from the air around his right hand "it does make me feel powerful though"
"...freaks?" Nick said solemnly as he conjured up some sound waves in his own hand. "I... I guess so... uh, come on man, lets get that wound looked at." Nick quickly changed the subject. He and Evan helped Sly to his feet and the three limped a couple more blocks, eventually making it to some makeshift rescue operation, ambulances everywhere, choppers flying people in and out, and most intimidating of all, a small army of armed soldiers standing at the very edge of the collective.

"Here, we made it. Hey, can we get some help here?!" Nick called out as they approached. The soldiers soon took notice of them, and rather then step aside, they aimed their weapons at them, ready to fire.

"Halt, not a step further!" The commander of the squad announced.

"Whoa, hey, what gives, we have a seriously injured man here, isn't this a place we can get treatment?" Nick inquired.

"This is a restricted area meant for the treatment of injured civilians, no Conduits allowed!" The soldier continued.

"Conduits, us?"

"Only a conduit freak could walk away from a Ray Field Blast, if that kid were human he wouldn't even be able to walk. Now, back away, or we'll open fire." The Soldier threatened, his men at the ready.

"What the hell? This guys going to bleed out if we don't get him help. Who cares if we're conduits? Does having these powers suddenly make us enemies to the state or something stupid like that?"Evan asked angrily.
Other Characters (played anonymously) Topic Starter

"It makes you enemies of humanity, that's what it makes you!" the soldier replied firmly. "This is the last time I'll say this, leave now or we'll..." He was cut off suddenly by he sound of moving rubble. Just then, about a block away, a group of concrete conduits landed in the middle of the road, blocking the path of the trucks. "Concrete Conduits! Those kids led them right too us!" the soldier accused, now aiming past the trio to the real threat.

"Hey rookies, you're wasting your time trying to talk to them." the lead Conduit said. "Normals only care about themselves, they'd rather let more of the sick die then let us try and save those that can be saved."

"You freaks are crazy if you think that millions of lives for just a couple thousand is a fair trade!" The soldier shot back.

"See, thick skulled, through and through. No, if you want something in this world, you gotta take it by force. Grab the medical supplies boys!" The Conduit ordered, his troops preparing for battle. The Soldiers looked nervous, they had them out numbered two to one, but they were out matched three to one, even if they could manage to drive them back, the losses would be severe. unless...

"Grr, wait, you three, you just want to get some help for your friend there right? Well, if you help defend the camp from those Conduits, we'll treat him." the soldier reluctantly offered.

"Oh sure, they'll help you when it's convenient for them, but the second they have no use for you they'll lock you up somewhere for testing. Besides, you don't want to make an enemy of us, you're either with us, or against us. So, what's it gonna be?" The Conduit stated, fully prepared for whichever decision was made.

Karma Opportunity

GOOD: Defend the Medical Camp from the Conduits

EVIL: Join the Conduits and ransack the Medical Camp

"I don't know.about you guys" Sly said standing up on his own "but I don't care who these ass holes are" his eyes turned an icy blue as a nearby blast core reacted to his power. It was attached to a generator nearby. The blast core broke from its hinges, it was just one of 3 cores in that generator. It flew off and attached itself to Sly, devolving into his skin "but they shot me, and I'm in the mood for some serious payback..."

A Baseball bat lay on the ground just asking to be picked up. Sly kicked it up and grabbed it as it came up, as soon as his hand made contact, the bat froze up. "let's test out these 'powers' eh boys?" conjuring up an ice grenade

"batter up you pieces of shit!" he shouted tossing the ice grenade into the air and hitting it with his ice bat. The force of the hit sent the ice grenade flying with tremendous force shattering on impact and freezing 2 concrete conduits "this'll be fun"
"Open fire!" yelled the enemies, shooting at the group.

Sly could feel it, he had enough juice for 2 more grenades. He ducked into cover, pulling his new friends down with him. He conjured up another ball "one of you cover me" he said ttossing the ice grenade oover the cover. The concrete conduits quickly aimed at it but Sly was already after it. Leaning up next to the grenade then using his bat to launch it at his foes. As he landed he saw 2 more conduits freeze up. He ducked for cover away from the other 2 "attack them whilst they're frozen!"

More spikes grew on Evan's arms, with several on the hands being particularly large. "Agreed."He said, launching a barrage of spikes at the Concrete Conduits.
Nick followed his comrades and began shooting at the Conduits from behind their cover. Just then, a Conduit threw a large slab of concrete at them. "Oh crap!" Nick said as he and the others scattered, narrowly escaping being crushed by the slab. With that there was no more cover left, all the other trucks were filled with injured civilians, they were completely out in the open. "Well, looks like it's finally time to get up close and personal." Nick said. It was strange, Nick was never the bold type, but when he set his mind on something, he would see it through, even if that meant going toe to toe with a bunch of Conduits. Both sides charged at each other, shooting at each other as they closed in. Nick tried his best to keep himself at a reasonable distance from his opponents so he could fire at them, but with enemies coming at him from all sides, hard and fast, he found it difficult to aim properly. He dodged as best he could, but he eventually got hit but a blast of concrete, knocking him back a bit.

"Gah, damn it!" Nick cursed, it didn't hurt as much as it should've, but it was still pretty painful. He quickly got back to his feet. "Damn, this isn't gonna work." Nick looked at his pulsating hands and noticed that some of the blue, oscillating sound waves were bigger than the others. "Hmm, alright, guys, stand back, I have an idea!" Nick announced. He charged in towards a cluster of Conduits, once he was in front of them he charged up his hands with sound waves for a moment and then let the energy loose in a single, large pulse that knocked some of the Conduits off of their feet, allowing Nick to get a proper aim at them with his Audio Bullets. "Oh, nice, that'll definitely come in handy." Nick said with glee. He continued to fight, knocking the Conduits down with his Echo Pulse and taking them out with his Audio Bullet, in a similar, but none lethal, manner to Sly's Grenade tactic.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » inFAMOUS: Survivor's Guilt (PM to Join)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus