Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » O hai

Hello there, thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Harpier, just joined the sight.

I used to roleplay quite a bit a while back, but I stopped when I got into college a year ago. I thought I'd be okay since i was still doing plenty of drawing and writing, mostly for webcomics that never materialized (I kinda suck at staying focused on one thing at a time). But at the end of last year I get a major case of art block that has totally wrecked me. I was thinking maybe doing some rping would help me back into the groove of things.

So that's my sob story. I'm working on getting some characters set up, hopefully I'll have some crap up and running soonish...oh wait I have finals...hrrm I have lousy timing don't I? Heh, oh well. Nice to meet y'all, hope to be roleplaying with you guys soon!
Kim Site Admin

Welcome to the site! From one busy person to another, I can say I totally understand your pain. But we'll all still be here when you find some free time and decide to dive in.

I think it is SO cool that you are working on becoming an opera singer!! I have a dance teacher that used to be a professional opera singer, and she is absolutely one of the coolest people I know. The stories she tells about her time in the theater are hilarious and amazing.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Welcome to RPR, we do like to encourage creativity here so you've come to the right place :)
Welcome to RPR! Yeah, real life does that a lot with getting you stuck from having the fun that RP and creativity brings. But we're glad to have you! :)
Welcome!
harpier Topic Starter

@Kim - Thanks! Being an opera singer is my dream, but right now it's just tons of practicing and *shudder* music theory. One day I hope I can be cool and amazing like your dance teacher!

@darth_angelus - Thank you! It's cool to be amongst creative people and this site seems to have many!

@CelestinaGray - Yeah, real life really sucks some times! I wish I could forget it and just sit around rping or playing video games some days..oh well, can't wait to rp with everyone whenever I get the chance XD

@Blackito - Thank you, glad to be here :)

On a random note, taking a study break to make my first character, gonna fuss around and see if I can't have my first up in a bit! *prances off to character creator thingee*
Apparently amongst all the Ravings and welcomings noone told you one simple thing. If you have any questions, feel free to ask em and your sure to get an answer in some way. Heh. And welcome to RPR.
Kim Site Admin

harpier wrote:
@Kim - Thanks! Being an opera singer is my dream, but right now it's just tons of practicing and *shudder* music theory. One day I hope I can be cool and amazing like your dance teacher!

I bet you are cool and amazing right now. :D But as for performing, hard work and dedication and you will totally get there. Especially because you are truly passionate.
harpier wrote:
On a random note, taking a study break to make my first character, gonna fuss around and see if I can't have my first up in a bit! *prances off to character creator thingee*

Yay!! Congrats on your first character. Looks like it went well. <G>
Darth_Angelus Moderator

harpier wrote:
@darth_angelus - Thank you! It's cool to be amongst creative people and this site seems to have many!

And you're here with us now, so it's even better :)

You are on: Forums » Introductions » O hai

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus