Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » 1 x 1 DownTown Apocolyptia

Year 2074

Earth is dead. After the 3rd War, and the combined effect of nuclear strikes and the Meteor Rain, it was just to much for the planet to take. The Seas turned agaisnt mankind, and volcanos began to rage. For 5 months, Hell covered the face of the planet.

Now... People have began to rebuild. After 24 years, Mankind is back on it's feet. But... There isn't much of the world left to walk on.
Kai (played by kuroi_neko)

An after effect of the radioactive areas from the nuclear war has causes some genetic epiphanies to develop, essentially turning normal humans into what could be classified as 'vampires'; the thirst for blood, the rapid regeneration of wounds... and the sensitivity to light.

In a effort to control and even find a cure for the defect of these genes, the few intelligent minds had come together, to first try and create the cause and then try to correct it. But... some times things go wrong.

Just outside a settlement, a lone female made her way along the remains of what used to be a highway. She eyed the makeshift huts, and the buildings that the people were trying to restore. But she made it a priority to stay away from them. She had learned that people were less trusting in this day and age... especially with her, if they learned too much. Eventually, she stopped, sitting down on an old stone foundation of a building. She looked up at the twilight sky, wide awake, but needing just a moment to rest.
Lucia Jarious VanDrayle (played by Drayle88) Topic Starter

Clack-clack.

"Just a warning... Show me your hands."

From behind a pile of Ruble, a dark figure stood. HIs black coat looked surprisingly well kept in spite of his surroundings, and it also made him less visable in the dark shadows. He was holding a shotgun aimed at the woman's chest, and his hand was on the trigger.

"I'm not looking for a fight, but only if you aren't either."

His golden eyes seemed to almost glow in the dark, the rest of his face shadowed.

Kai closed her eyes, and almost smirked. She slowly raised her hands in the air, and spoke quietly. "Of course I'm not looking for a fight. That wouldn't been beneficial to me at all." She looked up at him with her cyan eyes, studying him for a moment.

She was dressed surprisingly well, wearing a pinstripe suit with gold chains adorning her neck, wrists, and waists. She figured he may have noticed the set of pistols she carried behind her, and that was why she had a gun pointed at her at the moment.

THe eyes smirked, and the gun was slid into a holster on his back. The man walked forward, his youthful features showing up in the starlight. His black hair was swept to one side, and his grin matched hers.

"Nice shooters. Custom?"

Lucia's arms folded and he leaned against the half destroyed wall as he looked at her.

"You could say that," she said, her smirk fading a bit. Was he really planning on standing there and talking to her? She wasn't much of a conversationalist to begin with. So she stood, and stepped away from him.

"So, am I intruding on your turf? Because I have no problem leaving. I wasn't planning on staying long anyway." Her eyes shifted to look around her, making sure that no one else was approaching them.

"Turf? hardly. It just pays to keep your guard up. I was just doing the same as you, stopping for a breath."

He nodded to the settlement a couple dozen yards away. The flickering lights were dim in the distance.

"I don't trust that place. And I'm avoiding it. And from the way you handle yourself, I think you think the same."

Then he shrugged.

"But I could be totally off. I'm heading for Capitol, I dunno about you."

She raised a brow at his words. She found her self slightly confused, just because she was unable to tell his true intentions. Surely someone wasn't this friendly to a complete stranger. She had never run across that before. But where he was heading raised her interest.

"What is... at the Capitol?" she felt a little silly asking that, since it might be common knowledge around this area. But to her, it was something she didn't know.

"Other than the most populated, and most well structured, The Capitol has an Underground Market that you can find anything at."

The man tapped the side of his head.

"And what I'm looking for is information. I'm looking for... an artifact."

"Sounds like a --- captivating story," Kai said, standing up and turning from him. "But, I really haven't the time to listen." She was far from interested in any artifact that he might be searching for. She started walked again, heading in the direction she originally had been walking.

Sure, this guy seemed decent enough, but she really wasn't comfortable around others yet. She was still unsure about anyone.

Lucia shrugged. It didn't surprise him. Although, it was rather ironic that for not having time to listne, the lady was headed in the same direction as he was.

But he let her be, following without meaning to about 10 yards behind her. Lucia was social by nature, but he wasn't a heel. He knew when to talk.

So, it was a couple of miles, before Kai started to become annoyed by the man following her. She turned on her heel, looking directly at him. "Are you following me for a reason? Let me guess, the Capitol is this way..." She gave a heavy sigh and ran her fingers through her hair. So then, what now? What was even at the Capitol that she might possibly want to find?

"You -- walk in front of me..." she said, stepping to the side and pointing in front of her.

"You really know how to handle people don't you?" he said, stopping where he was. His hand rested on his gun, but his stance was loose enough.

"And I don't take orders from pushy people. Sorry to be such a bother, but I have this phobia of backstabbing. Especially when it's someone dangerous."

"Glad that I look dangerous," Kai said, rolling her eyes. And she glared. She hated when someone wouldn't cooperate, especially when she didn't want them near in the first place. She almost said she planned on staying there until he did so, but that seemed childish. "Then, I'll go another way..."

And she took a step forward, only to find a trap lying beneath her feet. She didn't flinch when it snapped around her ankle, she just merely looked down in surprise. Her pants were ripped slightly, and she could only guess that blood might begin showing soon.

"What luck --" she said quietly to herself.

"Hm."

Lucia bent down, looking at the trap.

"That's problematic." He said, pulling out his revolver. Without waiting he aimed and shot the trap, missing the ankle and shattering the metal. The trap fell off, and the blood started to leak onto the ground.

"You need to get that looked at." he said, looking up at her.

Kai almost wanted to yell at him for shooting the trap, wanting to say that he could have hit her, or made it worse, but she held her tongue. She just looked at him, and replied to his words.

"No, I don't. I'll be fine." And without a limp or a groan of pain, she turned and continued on, deciding to stick to the path, since it seemed wandering off might only lead to more inconveniences. For a while, there was a trail of blood behind her from her wound. But it seemed, the more she walked, the less the blood there was, until there was nearly nothing.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » 1 x 1 DownTown Apocolyptia

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus