Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Greetings!

Greetings! I suppose you're wondering who I am and why I'm here. I ordinarily wouldn't suppose such a thing, but if you're reading this topic, then I take the liberty of supposing such, because that's what this topic was about.

Earlier today, I got a group message on Facebook. My girlfriend was role-playing with someone, and she wanted a separate chat room in which to roleplay, to keep their conversations separate from RP. The only way to make a new chat with the same person is to add someone. Thus, I was added. Upon discussion of the purpose of the group, my girlfriend learned that I also enjoy role-play. How she didn't know this before, neither of us could figure out. Well, her friend gave us a link to this website. We each made an account, and here I am. My attention span is not the best, I must admit, so I'm not certain if I'll be spending much or little time on this website. But what I do know is that I don't leave role-plays hanging. At least, I don't tend to. I imagine there may be some exception somewhere in extreme cases? But in general, if I find my attention wavering, I simply avoid starting any new role-plays, and I continue with the ones that I already started until such a time as it may end.
Welcome! I often find it interesting to learn the sorts of people that do and don't RP; that is there isn't really any reliable way to sort them!

So what sorts of RPs do you usually go for?

And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
Superstars111 Topic Starter

I'll go for pretty much any type of role-play. I was once in a role-play where our characters were all at Wal-mart. ...We ended up having to deal with explosions and alien attacks, but we still started at Wal-mart... XD There was another where we were at an amusement park. That one didn't have any alien attacks that I remember. It was just for the purpose of being hilarious. Of course, I've also been in elaborate role-plays with complex sci-fi or fantasy storylines. Really, I enjoy pretty much any type of roleplay. The only thing that stays consistent with my preferences is that my character has to be someone intelligent, and usually not very physically able. That varies from character to character, but that's the basic starting place. Other than that, I've had characters that are robot-like with their emotions, and I've had characters that are constant pranksters. And I've had them from whatever setting I feel like at the time. :P
Welcome! Sounds like you enjoy the same kind of RPs I do. I think we'll get along nicely. Enjoy your stay!
Welcome to RPR! Even if you don't use the site to RP, the character creation pages are awesome! I hope to see you around, and hope you're enjoying the site :D
Kim Site Admin

I love that story about how you found us! :D

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Greetings!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus