Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hi there!

Hi everyone! I'm Plynx and I'm a new member. My friend Lachey told me about this site, and since I've been in a writing mood lately, I decided to come check it out! ^.^
I used to RP in forums a lot back in the day, but it was only occasionally with my own characters. I tended to stick with things like Disney, Kingdom Hearts, and Harry Potter. The few RPs that involved orginal characters never seemed to last very long, eventhough I really enjoyed them. Lately I've been sticking more with tabletop RPGs like Werewolf the Apocalypse, D&D, Apocalypse World, and my friends and I have even done a few based on the Fate System. I have characters for Scion and Exalted, but I haven't gotten to play them yet. I'm pretty open when it comes to genres, but I'm super picky about my horror since that's my LEAST favorite. Anyways, I think that's probably enough of an introduction for now! I look forward to playing with you all!
Welcome! please, step into oour office and make your self at home if you need anything let me know and if you ever want to rp then I will happily rp with you! :-)
Welcome to the site, Plynx! :D I'm not a horror-type person either xD I get scared easily (especially with jump scares).

In roleplaying, I do mostly fantasy, adventure, or supernatural, with a modernized setting. I play games too! But probably not as much as you do since my wallet gets raided most of the time xD
Plynx Topic Starter

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Link: I'll definitely keep you in mind for future RPs! I a big Zelda and Pokemon fan, and it can be hard to find a good LoZ RP, or at least it used to be. For pkmn, I have a character from a post-apocalyptic game that one of my friends put together a while back, who might be fun to play again. She's human who was raised by Houndoom/dour, in a world where pkmn are feared and hunted. Her adopted family was killed when she was 11ish and the government took her in to use her as a weapon against pkmn since she knew their ways. It was an interesting story. XD

Rin: Jump scares are the WORST!! I always know they're coming and I still jump. >.<
I love RPing supernatural/fantasy/adventure in modern settings!! It's so much fun to have a world where magic and the like is common place and normal. I have some characters that I was using for a modern fantasy text RP that I was hoping would have magic in the open, but it was 1x1 and he wanted it to be more like the World of Darkness setting where the magical world is hidden. It was still fun though. ^.^ When it comes to the Tabletop stuff, I've lucked out to have friends who either already have the books or they DM and buy them for themselves. If/when I'm not around them anymore, I'm going to be reduced to Shadow Run since that's the only one I own. My board games collection is in the same sitch, tbh, since there's no point in having multiple copies of a game w/in one group. >.> what kind of games do you like to play?

(Btw: is there any sort of ping system on here so you can alert someone to when they've been mentioned in a forum?)
Lizard

Unfortunately, not just yet (in regards to the ping system). It's definitely something that should be suggested if it hasn't already, though! At the moment, you can subscribe to certain topics prior to posting or while you edit your post so that you get activity feed notifications on your homepage if somebody responds to the topic. :3

Aside from that, welcome to the site! Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns! The RPR community is fairly helpful and friendly. <3
Plynx wrote:
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Link: I'll definitely keep you in mind for future RPs! I a big Zelda and Pokemon fan, and it can be hard to find a good LoZ RP, or at least it used to be. For pkmn, I have a character from a post-apocalyptic game that one of my friends put together a while back, who might be fun to play again. She's human who was raised by Houndoom/dour, in a world where pkmn are feared and hunted. Her adopted family was killed when she was 11ish and the government took her in to use her as a weapon against pkmn since she knew their ways. It was an interesting story. XD

I would love to do this story it sounds awesome. Pm me if you want to.
Oh man, I used to play Werewolf a loooooooonnnnnnggggg time ago! I remember creating the ugliest but most brutally strong moon moon type werewolf ever. Throw all my points into strength and speed!

Welcome to RPR :>
Sanne Moderator

Welcome to the site! It sounds like you'll fit right in with the rest of us. :)

@the ping feature, this has been suggested and considered, but the issue that we run into is that usernames and character names can change at the drop of a hat, which will result in wrong pings, broken pings and, because character names have many duplicates (there can be thousands of "John"s on the site), there's no way to reliably ping characters.

User and character IDs are unique, which could work as an alternative, but it's a real pain to find someone's ID for a lot of people, so this is unlikely to work out well.

I think Kim (the site admin/owner) is keeping this idea on the back burner for now, because it's useful, but this will have to be figured out down the line to make it user friendly and functional. I hope this helped!
Victoriantruth

Hi there yourself! So you finally got here. We have been waiting for you! I already know that you'll have lots of fun!

Hit me up or check my characters if you wanna rp. :D I'm always up for one so. :D

Greetzz
Vicky!
Kim Site Admin

Sanne basically got it -- that's basically the whole story of the ping system, and I am indeed still holding onto the idea for some future implementation. :)

That said, hi, welcome to the site, very pleased to meet you! I am also a fan of tabletop games, although my normal game(s) are on pause at the moment as the various DMs involved are about to move (myself included). I miss it so! I'm always pleased to meet another person who enjoys many different mediums of RP. :D

Looks like you're getting your questions answered with alacrity already, but even so, I'll say as well: Feel free to hit me up with questions or concerns at any time, or to make use of the Help and Suggestions forums. We're pretty much all always happy to help. :)
WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Plynx Topic Starter

Thanks to everyone for even more warm welcomes and to all of you who answered back about the ping system. I can see how it would be complicated with everyone being able to change around like that, and in truth I just wanted to check if I was doing it right. ^.^

Kim: I know the feel of waiting for games. My main game group at the moment does mini stories on Saturdays sometimes, and we spent a month or so getting things ready for an Apocalypse World game, only for it to be tentatively canceled due to a falling out with one of the STs. I was SO glad when the other ST said we could go ahead with the same characters and just play a different storyline. We're actually playing session 2 tonight, and I'm hoping my character can actually be more useful than last time. (He's a social archetype and we were in combat which is really not his thing, and only further cemented why I typically play fighting archetypes. >.< ) But I'm still SUPER excited to be playing tonight after a three week hiatus.

Cferretrun: HAHAH!!! That sounds like a werewolf right up my alley! If you get a chance you should go peek at Ayden's page. She's my Ahroun and my current overall FAVORITE character that I play. Her page is still a work in progress, but it'll at least give you an idea about her. XD I play her in a mixed game where she's actually the only Garou in her "pack". There's currently a Nuwisha, a Mage, and a Ghural with her, but she thinks the Nuwisha's a Garou. Our Ghural is a new character from a player who used to be a Vampire, but the GM was fed up with the character and made him change. We used to have a Demon, a Troll, and another Vamp but they left the group. The Nuwisha's player also has a Vampire for Vampire story arcs, but we haven't seen her in a bit since we've been doing Garou arcs. ^.^

Link: I'd love to play her with you. I'm probably not going to be on much until Monday, though. My job has a lot of down time right now, so that's when I'll have the most time to RP. I have a puppy that keeps me pretty busy when I'm home, but I'm planning on checking in when I can. (He's currently shredding a cardboard flyer that came in the mail, and I should probably stop him, but it's keeping him from getting into trouble so.... >.> )
Plynx wrote:

Link: I'd love to play her with you. I'm probably not going to be on much until Monday, though. My job has a lot of down time right now, so that's when I'll have the most time to RP. I have a puppy that keeps me pretty busy when I'm home, but I'm planning on checking in when I can. (He's currently shredding a cardboard flyer that came in the mail, and I should probably stop him, but it's keeping him from getting into trouble so.... >.> )

Thanks pm me whenever your ready ok I'm looking forward to it :-)
SarietheFae

welcome hon to the site
Plynx wrote:
Rin: Jump scares are the WORST!! I always know they're coming and I still jump. >.<
I love RPing supernatural/fantasy/adventure in modern settings!! It's so much fun to have a world where magic and the like is common place and normal. I have some characters that I was using for a modern fantasy text RP that I was hoping would have magic in the open, but it was 1x1 and he wanted it to be more like the World of Darkness setting where the magical world is hidden. It was still fun though. ^.^ When it comes to the Tabletop stuff, I've lucked out to have friends who either already have the books or they DM and buy them for themselves. If/when I'm not around them anymore, I'm going to be reduced to Shadow Run since that's the only one I own. My board games collection is in the same sitch, tbh, since there's no point in having multiple copies of a game w/in one group. >.> what kind of games do you like to play?

Yeah, I just don't know how other people don't react to jump scares! o.o

Right! The combination of magic and the modern world is truly exciting! I used to do my roleplays one-on-one as well xD If you feel like roleplaying, feel free to shoot me a PM anytime!

I kind of feel jelly that you can buy games you want though. I get mine almost, once in a blue moon! (Was that over-acting? XD) The games I usually play are RPGs / MMORPGs, tactical games, mystery games, fighting games, adventure games, and some puzzle ones :) I only have to consoles right now though since our PS2 got broken (by my brother), and our Xbox360 had to be sold because we needed the money. That's okay though! I have my Vita! XD
Kim Site Admin

Plynx wrote:
Kim: I know the feel of waiting for games. My main game group at the moment does mini stories on Saturdays sometimes, and we spent a month or so getting things ready for an Apocalypse World game, only for it to be tentatively canceled due to a falling out with one of the STs. I was SO glad when the other ST said we could go ahead with the same characters and just play a different storyline. We're actually playing session 2 tonight, and I'm hoping my character can actually be more useful than last time. (He's a social archetype and we were in combat which is really not his thing, and only further cemented why I typically play fighting archetypes. >.< ) But I'm still SUPER excited to be playing tonight after a three week hiatus.

How was your game? :D

And I feel you. I am quite accustomed to this pain. I mostly play social classes, so you get used to not being too useful in the numbers sense, but when you're useful boy are you useful! :)
Plynx Topic Starter

Link: Will do!

Rin: I'm a total slacker when it comes to console games. I love them, but I don't get to play them much unless it's my Game Boy. The only "Big" console I own right now is my Wii, and we're talking Classic, not even a Wii-U. MMORPGs are a lot of fun too. I used to play WoW, but I had to stop because I couldn't afford it anymore, and then I just kinda lost interest when Panderia hit. My roommates are really into Wildstar, and I have an account, but my laptop can barely play it and the lag is awful, so I suspended my subscription, and I'm waiting until I can afford/have room for a new desktop.

Kim: Game was good! I was quite a bit more useful this session, even if I failed my one ability roll of the night. XD I got to explain what had happened last session to the authorities. Then, later when a party member got poisoned I carried her to the doctor, and tried to explain what had happened even though I hadn't been there to see it, and was working with second hand info from another party member. The doc figured out it was poison, and I knew who to go talk to about that, so now we're all set up to go find this flower and save the poisoned character! All in all a pretty good night, even if all the fighty characters are either poisoned (yet stable) or not coming with us to the wastes. It's going to make for a REALLY interesting story next game, and that's what matters! ^.^
Kim Site Admin

Sounds like a super fun sort of precarious position! Love it. :D
Plynx wrote:
Rin: I'm a total slacker when it comes to console games. I love them, but I don't get to play them much unless it's my Game Boy. The only "Big" console I own right now is my Wii, and we're talking Classic, not even a Wii-U. MMORPGs are a lot of fun too. I used to play WoW, but I had to stop because I couldn't afford it anymore, and then I just kinda lost interest when Panderia hit. My roommates are really into Wildstar, and I have an account, but my laptop can barely play it and the lag is awful, so I suspended my subscription, and I'm waiting until I can afford/have room for a new desktop.

Wow, you have a lot of games though! o.o And I'm still a bit jelly XD I'm a bit happy though that you still enjoy the classics! I still have my GBA but couldn't use it since the charger's broken. Real shame :c But hey, I have emulators in my phone! They might not be much but, it's nice to experience the classics again~
HARRY POTTER! Sorry, got excited. Don't mind me. (But really though, what's your house? I'm a Hufflepuff! :D )

Annnnyway, hey! Hi! How's it going? Glad to have you! I hope you're settling in and everything is to your liking. We're a merry bunch around here and we always enjoy new arrivals :3 I'm sure it's already been said but, if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask :3

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hi there!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus