Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Possible Elder Scrolls gig

Andyrn and I were on the phone (yesterday, I think it was, maybe the day before) and we were chit chatting it up about the Elder Scrolls games while he was doing the dishes and started talking about a possible ES rp. From what I remember, we laid out some basic stuff we wanted/thought about trying out:

It'd be set in Cyrodil, not Skyrim.

It would take inside a modified timeline. It would be 95% the same as Oblivion's, but we'd modify it to our own tastes, and change certain organizations and the like. It would be a dramatic, yet very small modification at the same time. I'll elaborate more on this if there's interest.

We would not use the 'hero'/'special' characters, like the Dragonborn. It would just be run of the mill adventurers/characters going about whatever the plot would be in their own way. We'd somehow tie it all together to ensure that sense would be made, though.

If you're a giant Elder Scrolls nut, don't be all up in our [radio edit] about things we get 'wrong.' I haven't even played past the middle of Oblivion yet because I was always getting caught up in the great sidequests, and I have barely 'started' doing Dragonborn [radio edit] in Skyrim. However: yes, I know what takes place in Oblivion, and yes I know what happens in Skyrim. No, I never played Morrowind, but I might talk to Seraph/Megaman Juno about it.

We would fact check before doing anything, just to make sure everything would blend well and stay fun at the same time.

Go ahead and tell us what you guys think. Worst case scenario, Andy and I just save this for later down the line. Thoughts/suggestions/etc much appreciated.

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN,
Bonebag, a.k.a. Bones, a.k.a. Galvatron, a.k.a. The Dark Lord Galvatron, a.k.a. Pretty Pretty Unicorn
I'll tell you what I think; I think I can never have too much TES RP. :D

BRING. IT. ON.
I agree with Ethelle. XD I'm also very curious about the modifications and other changes, could you be a little more precise about what exactly they would be? :)
Ethelle, how did I know you'd be the first person to respond to this? Haha
Andryn wrote:
Ethelle, how did I know you'd be the first person to respond to this? Haha

Because of your awesome super powers, of course.

It was courtesy of Merela, though, as she was the one to point out the thread to me. XD
IT IS GOOD OF YOU TO UNDERSTAND THE EXTENT OF MY AWESOME MIGHT.
Bonebag Topic Starter

Ya'll are welcome.
Merela wrote:
I agree with Ethelle. XD I'm also very curious about the modifications and other changes, could you be a little more precise about what exactly they would be? :)
We're not entirely sure yet, it really depends on who wanted to get involved and what they'd be looking for in game. The changes would be pretty minor, mostly focusing very little on the Oblivion Crisis in general. Perhaps set it a few years after, or even before, and focus more on things like the Mages' Guild or Dark Brotherhood or the like. Put more focus on the world and it's mechanics than on any of the main plotlines of any of the Elder Scrolls games.
No such thing as to much elder scrolls xD
I'd definitely be interested!
Jeevana

That sounds pretty good actually! I always even plan my TES characters as "minor characters" because I don't like my characters to be Dovahkiins and champions among many others.

Just too bad I rarely RP these days.
Yay! :D We've got a lot of interested people already!
I think the best way to go about choosing a good starting point and direction is for everyone to put their characters on the table, the ones they intend to play with, and from there we can tailor something to equally include everybody. BEGIN.
Good thing is, most of my characters are available anywhere in Cyrodiil during the years before and after TES IV, so I'm not picky. XD I always default to playing Astarill, with Heron and Guaile as second choices, but if some other character of mine fits better with what will be decided, I'll go with that instead. I don't really have any preferences! When in a tight enough spot for money, my characters can easily be convinced to join any fool's errand. XD

... Hm. This is not really helpful, is it? XD
*throws peanuts at Ethelle* :p

Which character to play, now that's a true dilemna. XD Dakari would be the most suitable of my characters, but I also can play Baelor. ;)
Bonebag Topic Starter

Since this has actually received more attention that previously anticipated, I thought I'd be gracious enough to let everyone involved know what's up: there actually hasn't been much progress as of late. I've been busying myself with very slight character retcons (...and getting char pages up on here... herpderp) and Andy has been busy collecting coal to superheat and pressurize into DIAMONDS!

If you have any ideas you want to throw out there, any at all, either post it here, or shoot me or Andy a PM, folks.
UNTRUE.

Actually last night I was thinking on it quite a bit, and even got the basic down on a new character (Which is based on my old Oblivion character). I really think we could build on some of the old side questlines from Oblivion, there was so much there to work with. Again, I have to say my favorite was the Mages' guild (After all the errand running to get into the Arcane University, we all know that sucked), but the Necromancer War was pretty balla.

Anyway, my character can be found hurrrrrrr
Bonebag Topic Starter

DON'T BE ALL CONTRADICTING ME IN THE THREAD I MADE, [radio edit]. I post what I want andalsowhatithoughtwasthelatestupdates.

Besides Andizzle's character, I don't think there's been any new developments, unless he has moar I am unaware of.
*noms peanuts*

I certainly wouldn't mind to do a RP revolving around the Mages Guild. We should make sure there's room for non-mages to participate, too, though. Something that involves the Imperial City, maybe, as a starting point at least. Since it's the centre of the Empire, I assume it'll be relatively easy for everyone's characters to be there.

Errr. Or... Maybe some event or thing pops up somewhere and different rivalling or cooperating factions all have an interest in it, and it needs to be investigated or secured? Vague idea is vague, and also a bit cliché. Hm. Oooor.... Fights in the Arena have been revealed to be fixed and there's an OUTRAGE. No. XD
Bones and I were working on an idea involving undercover Imperial Guards named Lyle and black market cabbages, but I'm not sure how far we can carry that...

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Possible Elder Scrolls gig

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus